“Can't beat the location”
Review of The Georgetown Inn

The Georgetown Inn
Ranked #88 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
New York City, New York
“Can't beat the location”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This Inn looks historically charming and its greatly and centrally located. The deal was the best we could find in the area with a short notice. I didn't interact much with the staff during our 2 day stay- but whenever I did they seemed pleasant.
Free wi-fi included ( a big deal for me!) and cable TV.
The only reason why I didn't rate it higher is because the rooms are not very fresh and clean. While the sheets and bedding were OK- I spotted a dust and dirt at the several spots at the celling. At the celling there were also some halls at the strange places- I wasn't sure will something come out from them :) Also I would have preferred if I was able to open the window or find some way to freshen up the air in the room in the morning.
Each person gets a welcome complimentary bottle of water. Parking overnight around $33

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank danolear
GeorgetownGM, Director of Sales at The Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at The Georgetown Inn. However, we regret that our facilities and services did not meet or exceed your expectations. We are very interested in your opinion as we continue our efforts to restore our property to its previous grandeur. Since new ownership, there have been many improvements such as the installation of a new free high speed internet service, new 37-inch high definition televisions in all guestrooms, a free 24-hour business center and other similar upgrades. Most notably, we just replaced our entire heating ventilation and air conditioning systems with a new state-of-the-art personal climate control system. Come stay with us again and cool off during the upcoming summer months. We look forward to welcoming you back to Georgetown!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 May 2014

From the moment I entered the lobby and was greeted by a friendly young woman behind the desk, who checked us in efficiently and early. My daughter who lives in Georgetown came to meet us and we enjoyed unique beers and a fantastic Bloody Mary. We set out on foot to explore the neighborhood and the campus at Georgetown. After a busy afternoon I retired to the comfy bed for a little nap. We visited the bar again, and decided we were all tired and we would spend the evening snuggled in our room and order room service. We had a fantastic meal, complete with delicious desserts. We enjoyed a couple movies and just settled in. My husband and I slept wonderfully in the comfy bed, and check out, parking, every detail of our stay was pleasant and smooth. We're going back again soon!

Room Tip: I'm quite sure any room would be lovely. We were high up and had a nice view of the city below u...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
We are pleased that your visit was an overall success! What a great location for a one-of-a-kind Georgetown experience. As you know, the exclusive Georgetown neighborhood of Washington, DC surrounds you with historic and pre-revolutionary homes, high-end shopping, international embassies and a multitude of unique restaurants and shops. Since new ownership, there have been many improvements such as the installation of a new free high speed internet service, new 37-inch high definition televisions in all guestrooms, a free 24-hour business center and other similar upgrades. Most recently, we completely replaced our entire heating ventilation and air conditioning systems with a new state-of-the-art personal climate control system. All of us at The Georgetown Inn sincerely look forward to the opportunity to have you host your future visits. In the meantime, we hope that you will refer our hotel to other travelers who want to be nestled in the heart of Georgetown.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 9 April 2014

My daughter and I stayed for 2 nights and were very happy with the staff, the room and we loved the great location! This was a last minute trip and they were able to get us into a room early in the day and were very accommodating.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your choosing The Georgetown Inn for your most recent visit to Georgetown and this nation's capital! We are pleased that your visit was an overall success! What a great location for a one-of-a-kind Georgetown experience. The exclusive Georgetown neighborhood of Washington, DC surrounds you with historic and pre-revolutionary homes, high-end shopping, international embassies and a multitude of unique restaurants and shops. All of us at The Georgetown Inn sincerely look forward to the opportunity to host your future visits. In the meantime, we hope that you will refer our hotel to other travelers who want to be nestled in the heart of Georgetown.
Park Ridge, Illinois
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I recently spent two nights at the Georgetown Inn. I found the staff to be extremely polite and attentive. The hotel is well-situated for a stroll around Georgetown or a longer walk into DC. Their restaurant and bar has a wise range of entrees and both of the meals I ate there, a breakfast and dinner. were very good. My room was rather large, but I suspect that was because it could accommodate handicapped guests. My only complaint was that the electrical outlet in the bathroom was rather loose and the lighting rather dim. I would stay there again if I had the occasion to visit Georgetown.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your choosing The Georgetown Inn for your most recent visit to Georgetown and this nation's capital! We are pleased that your visit was an overall success! What a great location for a one-of-a-kind Georgetown experience. The exclusive Georgetown neighborhood of Washington, DC surrounds you with historic and pre-revolutionary homes, high-end shopping, international embassies and a multitude of unique restaurants and shops. All of us at The Georgetown Inn sincerely look forward to the opportunity to have you host your future visits. In the meantime, we hope that you will refer our hotel to other travelers who want to be nestled in the heart of Georgetown
Burlingame, California
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We were asked to change rooms one morning on our way out to a meeting. The front desk called after engineers knocked several times and then fled when we responded(obviously just checking if we were there). I indicated that it would make us late to our appt., and asked if they were willing to reduce our rate for doing so, the woman at the front desk said "never mind".
When we returned that evening there was a VERY STRONG sealant smell in the hallway that was burning our eyes and irritating my daughter's asthma. When I inquired I was told that regular maintenance had been performed in a bathroom on our floor. They agreed to move us, but were fairly unapologetic until I really complained. Then our rate was reduced by about $40. I wasn't overly impressed with the customer service or condition of the property. There was an evident mildew smell in both rooms as well.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor not facing the street.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at The Georgetown Inn. However, we regret that our facilities and services did not meet or exceed your expectations. We are very interested in your opinion as we continue our efforts to restore our property to its previous grandeur. We sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Medfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 March 2014

My son and I just returned from a 4 stop college tour, and I’m sad to say that our first stop at the Georgetown Inn was the only one that did not earn good reviews from us. Our guest room was plain – I would say plainly decorated but it really wasn’t decorated at all. Looked nothing like the photo online -- no resemblance whatsoever. The mattresses were fairly comfortable, but no headboards and no wall art hanging above left us feeling like we were staying in a box. With all white bedding the only color in the room being the navy rug and one picture hanging over the tv (which was not facing the beds). The room was clean when we arrived, but the following day not so much –the in room breakfast dishes were placed outside of our door when they cleaned and those stayed there I think until the next day. Our Wifi was spotty at best, and the telephone number that we were instructed to call to help us troubleshoot never answered our call. There was no in room refrigerator or safe. We didn’t even have a room number marking the outside our room so we had to guess which was ours by trying our key. The entry light did not work. Every time I tried to adjust the cheap and dusty vertical blinds they would fall off (disconnect). The fitness room was a joke. A tiny closet of a space with a treadmill, an elliptical, and a few light handweights.

The bathroom was modern and clean and functional so no complaint there. The employees were all very nice. With one exception, when they emailed after the trip to ask for a review, the email address of the person they provided bounced back as unavailable!

Our next 3 stops at the Holiday Inn in Williamsburg, the Homewood Suites in Davidson, NC, and the Washington Duke Inn in Durham, NC, were all far superior to our experience at the Georgetown Inn. It was really a shame and I hope that the hotel puts some serious effort into improving your facility because the location was really great with respect to the University. I’m afraid I cannot recommend it to fellow travelers as it is.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank 948karenm948
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to The Georgetown Inn. We regret that our facilities and services did not exceed your expectations. However, we have completed the replacement of our entire heating ventilation and air conditioning systems with a personalized climate control system to ensure that future guests will have more enjoyable experiences at our hotel. We hope to win back your confidence as we move forward with other such projects and other necessary improvements to our hotel. We sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 March 2014

While it was a good location, the hotel and the rooms were not upscale. The furnishings and bathrooms were old, carpet dirty and dingy. They told us they were in the midst of a refurbish, but did not see any evidence of work being done. We got a refund and moved to another hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank dd2853
GeorgetownGM, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for your comments about your recent visit to The Georgetown Inn. However, we regret that our facilities and services did not meet or exceed your expectations. We are very interested in your opinion as we continue our efforts to restore our property to its previous grandeur. We sincerely hope that we can win back your confidence and have the opportunity to serve you in the future.