“Very Good”

Ranked #12 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Very Good”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed for four nights in this nice hotel in pretty Georgetown. Our room was very quiet, tasfully decorated and had the best bed we ever experienced in a hotel. The staff was very courteous and attentive. We had a very very pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Copenhagen Region, Denmark
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Small, cosy boutique hotel.
Friendly staff, large lovely and clean room with nice bathroom with thick towels. King size bed with beautiful sheets and lovely duvet. No view from the room, but didn't matter.
Beautiful roof-top bar with view over the city - there were many local people during the weekend.
The hotel is situated near Washington Habour and near many nice restaurants. Also very close to all the best shopping in Washington DC/Georgetown.
The breakfast is nice, no buffet, but a little expensive. Maybe not compared to the rest of Washington.
Would recommend it any day - especially for business and couples. Or with older children.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Wonderful hospitality, great experience, I am going back in another month again, great roof top bar!! It's near everything in walking distance in the Georgetown area. Close to all stops for the bus to tour Washington DC. Great restaurants close bye that I am going to go back too. From the time you walk in door you know you are going to have a great time. The service from valet to the director is unbelievable. Much appreciated to the staff at the Graham Georgetown for the mini vacation with my kids and wife had there, we stopped after are vacation in Mrytle beach, and my wifes birthday. Thanks again

Erik McDowell

• Stayed August 2014
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The Graham is in a great location, has a very attractive setting and décor, and recently provided me with a wonderful hotel experience. Their staff is terrific – well-organized and very helpful. I was in Washington DC for business the same time as the U.S.-Africa Leaders Summit. I had a reservation at the Graham, but when I arrived I was told the hotel was at full capacity because summit attendees were staying beyond their original scheduled dates and by law, the hotel was required to allow them to extend their stay.

The staff informed me they had reserved a room for me in a nearby hotel – just a few blocks away. One of the staff rode with me in a cab to the hotel and arranged my check-in. I returned to the Graham later in the evening to meet coworkers on the rooftop bar and had a great visit.

The staff had no control over the fact that the hotel was at capacity, but they could control how I, as a guest, was treated, and they did a wonderful job. I would definitely select the Graham in the future.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Enterprise, Alabama
Reviewed 14 August 2014

From the minute you step through the doors you know you are in a special place. Everyone is smiling and glad to see you. So friendly and helpful. Ask the valet or front desk for restaurant advice etc and they will gladly share the info. The rooms are gorgeous as is the lobby. Very smartly decorated. I loved the location and the ease to walk in Georgetown. Every morning I would stroll to the canal or down to a nearby bakery to take in the morning sites and sounds. The rooftop lounge is currently "the place" for young folks but I enjoyed a cocktail there myself. I will be back...

Room Tip: The view out the front to the street was nice because you could see what was going on in Georgetown...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Leigh C
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I am amazed this hotel isn't higher up the list. It is a great hotel in a fantastic location right in the heart of Georgetown. Rooms are lovely and access to the roof bar is a real bonus although the bar is pretty expensive

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Abdulla_Almutairi, Director of Rooms at The Graham Georgetown, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Luckyd78,

Thank you for your recent review of our little gem in the heart of Georgetown. We are very proud of our hotel, the product and the immaculate sights from our rooftop, The Observatory. I am thrilled that you found your stay exceptional and the experience of your stay to your liking. We hope to be able to welcome you back and have our hotel be your home away from home when visiting our nation's capital.

Best,

Abdulla N. Almutairi
Director of Rooms Division
abdulla.almutairi@thegrahamgeorgetown.com
Lake Wales, FL
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I spent 3 of the last 4 weeks at The Graham. Before arriving I had read many of the reviews, but as in all things our own experiences are our reality. The hotel is in a wonderful location. The first week I was there I was in 401, which is a very small room. The other two weeks I was in room 708 which is equivalent in size to most hotel rooms. I think the hotel is aiming to be a boutique hotel but the service falls short of my personal experiences at other boutique hotels.

Each evening it was obvious that the roof-top bar was the focus of the hotel. I visited the roof-top twice to get ice (there are no ice machines). The view is wonderful but I couldn't figure out why this area was considered so hip. When I would return to the hotel in my business attire it was always assumed I was heading to the bar. Despite my long stay the doormen never seemed to recognize me. If I went out in the evening for dinner or a stroll wearing my shorts and polo, upon my return the 3 to 4 hotel employees standing in front of the door seemed to be judging my worthiness to enter. Most of the time they wouldn't even open the door for me.

The rooms themselves are on par with most 3 star hotels. The prices for items on the mini-bar (including the underwear in a potato chip bag) are on level of 5 star hotels. The rooms were not uniforming serviced. Some days my bed would be fully made and others it was partially made. The turn down service was random at best although it seemed silly to call turning the radio on as turn down service. Some days my room was well cleaned while others it appeared that all they did was exchange my towels and dirty glasses.

I would suggest that the hotel consider offering different pillow types. The beds seem to have a feather bed because you sink into the mattress. I would also suggest that the hotel exchange the winter comforters for summer comforters during the summer. Even when I put the AC on 50 the comforter was too hot.

As a business traveler the location was 5-star but the rest of my experience was no different than an average hotel chain. I feel the hotel is striving to be hip rather than striving to provide good customer service to those staying there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business