“Great Hotel...Great Service!”

One Washington Circle Hotel
Ranked #29 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We stayed at the One Washington Hotel during Independence Day weekend and had a great experience. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were very large which allowed us to spread out and feel more like we were at home. The full kitchen was a huge plus for us since it's more cost-effective to feed four kids instead of eating out all the time.

The hotel was a short one block walk to the Metro station which made it very easy to get around DC to see all the attractions and museums. There was also a Trader Joe's a couple of blocks away so it was very convenient for us to do our grocery shopping as well.

We will definitely stay here again when we make our next trip to DC!

Room Tip: After booking a room online, select the upgrade option.
There are newer reviews for One Washington Circle Hotel

Reviewed 25 July 2011

The apartment was very comfortable with good views over Washington. Full kitchen, with fresh coffee beans and grinder, was very welcome. Supermarket (Trader Joes) and Subway about 200 metres away. Noise was what you'd expect in a city and didnt disturb sleep

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2011

We stayed at this hotel twice (once in Feb 2011 and once during the summer of 2010 - can't remember the date exactly).
The staff was helpful and polite, the room was clean (we had the studio room with kitchen) and the bed was comfortable.
Hotel is located about 20 minutes walking from White House and has a lot of good promotions if you book in advance.
The first time we stayed here we used the "Be Parked" promotion and that included the parking, 2 one-day metro passes and the room. It was great deal. Couldn't find it the second time around. We recommended this hotel to friends and I wouldn't think of picking another one if I was to visit DC again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We just stayed at One Washington Circle last week for a family trip and were very happy with everything there. My husband needed to use a mobility scooter to get around due to an upcoming knee surgery and they were more than helpful with this and everything else we needed. The room was clean and bright. The kitchen was was nice to have. We were so rushed with our time that we didn't get to use it much. The bed was comfortable. My 13 yr old appreciated the pool even though she only got to use it once, again with our rushed time. I just wish it was open later than 8pm. One reason we chose the hotel was so after a long, hot day we could come back and the kids could swim. Usually though, it was too late. As far as the ambulances, there were a lot of them when we were there but they didn't bother me any more than the dogs barking in our neighborhood do.

1  Thank traceeCuyahogaFalls
Reviewed 15 July 2011

The hotel is placed right along the ambulance rout, and about 3 or 4 times a night I was woken up by one that went right underneath our window (even though we were far up towards the top of the hotel). Very nice bed and service though. Everyone helped us quite a bit, and were very respectful. DC is lovely and it was nice how the hotel was placed right in the heart of it. They have icy cold lemon water in the lobby, and that was a nice treat after a long day of sightseeing. Also, we had our own kitchen when we stayed there, and it was very big and quite stocked with equipment. Nice hotel!

Room Tip: Try to get the highest room possible, and you might be able to avoid the abmulance siren.
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2011

I requested a room with 2 beds and initially the room had one bed; but they moved me. I was on the second floor near the front, very noisy, lots of sirens. You were awakened in the AM with the banging below from the restaurant renovation which I did not know about until I got there. Overall the front desk was helpful. The metro stop and buses were close by. My last day I ask their valet if after I picked up my rent car could I park out front for maybe an hour as I get my belongings and check out. He said no problem I will take care of you. Then the hotel charged me overnight parking for $30!! I'm still trying to get the charged removed. That was a kick in the face after I tipped the valet and then they charge me. I did not appreciate that. The bar downstairs was overpriced and not very friendly.
The pool area was small but clean. SLOW internet.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as high up and away from the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
FOMattheCircleHotel, Front Office Manager at One Washington Circle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2011

Dear gourmet_galDallas_tx,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey on our property for Trip Advisor. As you are aware, this is a great source of feedback to us regarding your experience.

I want to take the opportunity to let you know, as well as other future guests, about our plans for future upgrades to the property. We are currently in a design phase to enhance our hotel. Within the scope of this project is new bedding, some furniture improvements as well as enhancements to the restaurant. We are also in the final stage of completing a full modernization to our elevators.

Thank you for pointing out the concern with the parking charge. Please contact me personally so that I can address this issue. I do want to apologize for the billing issue in advanced.

I am hopeful you will give us another try as the property will only get better over the course of the coming months.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed 8 July 2011

I booked 2 double beds with kitchen and balcony back in April to make sure we got what we wanted. Ten days prior to our vacation, I called the hotel to ask a question about the room. I inadvertently found out that we did not have 2 double bed room and they did not have any. Upon back and forth and insisting, they found us a room with 2 double beds and all that we had booked. I called a few days later and asked reservations what we had and they said 2 double beds, kitchen and balcony. We arrived at the hotel after a ten hour trip, tired and exhausted. They gave us our key card and room number ~ we entered our room and found that we did have a balcony, but NOT 2 double beds and NO kitchen. I was infuriated and called front desk, they said they did not have 2 double beds available or a room with a kitchen. After arguing with them for some time, we finally were given a room with a kitchen BUT no doubles beds and no balcony. I searched online but was unable to find another hotel room in our price range with an availability or we would have left the hotel.

I think that were only telling me what I wanted to hear when I was calling them from home because they knew once we got there that there was no way would could find another hotel. I was very disappointed and will NEVER stay there again. The bed was extremely uncomfortable as were the pillows. The couch bed was more comfortable than the master bed. The A/C in the room did not function very well. We kept it on 60 all week but it was never cool in the room and they said there was nothing they could do it was fine.

The restaurant was under renovations so there was no room service or breakfast. I wish they would have told us that when we booked. Who renovates during peak season. I was very unhappy with this hotel and disgusted that our vacation was not a good as it should have been. There was one gentleman of the staff that was amazing, he was so nice and went above and beyond to help us with anything we needed about DC. The rest of the staff smiled and was polite and was very nice. The night before we left, we asked for a late checkout and they said it was fine. The day of, my 22 yr old son went down to ask them about a taxi at 12:10pm and they said since we did not check out in time we were getting charged another day. He informed them that he had asked the manager the night before and she had said it was ok to check out at 2pm. They said she didn't make a note about that and it was fine but be out no later than 2pm or we would get charged and there would be no refunds. The room and hotel was very clean and then maid was wonderful and even did our dishes when we were out but other than that, it was a very terrible experience and we will never stay there again.

Dear Lee1087:

Please accept my most sincere apology for the inconvenience that we have caused you during your stay. I want to ensure you that this unfortunate experience is not a normal practice of One Washington Circle Hotel. I understand that we failed to deliver the service that you expect from our property.

I have addressed all of the issues with each department head and as a result we are instituting new standards to ensure our guest experience is a positive one. Please except my apology, I’m hoping that I can restore your faith in our hotel.

Again, I would like to apologize for this unfortunate incident. Please contact me personally so that I can speak with you about your experience. We want to make this right for you. If I can be of any assistance to you in the future please do not hesitate to contact me. I look forward to hearing from you and meeting you in the near future.

Sincerely