“Noisy, noisy, noisy...”

Ranked #28 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Sterling Heights, Michigan
“Noisy, noisy, noisy...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

The restaurant in this hotel had a fire this past Spring, and the restaurant is under construction, which began July 1...not sure why no one else on this site mentioned the noise, because the noise from the jackhammer is incredible. We contacted Travelocity, the site we booked thru, to let them know, and they were not sure if something could be posted to their site...so this posting is going up in case Travelosity doesn't place anything on their site.

The construction crew works from 9:00am-6:00pm...so maybe the guests that posted weren't in the room during these hours. According to information provided by the front desk of the hotel, construction on the hotel restaurant will continue until mid-September...so if you're looking to sleep in past 9:00am...this is definitely not the hotel for you.

Room Tip: I'm sure every room in the hotel is noisy.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
  • Greek first
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

We stayed at the One Washington Hotel during Independence Day weekend and had a great experience. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were very large which allowed us to spread out and feel more like we were at home. The full kitchen was a huge plus for us since it's more cost-effective to feed four kids instead of eating out all the time.

The hotel was a short one block walk to the Metro station which made it very easy to get around DC to see all the attractions and museums. There was also a Trader Joe's a couple of blocks away so it was very convenient for us to do our grocery shopping as well.

We will definitely stay here again when we make our next trip to DC!

Room Tip: After booking a room online, select the upgrade option.
Alice Springs, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

The apartment was very comfortable with good views over Washington. Full kitchen, with fresh coffee beans and grinder, was very welcome. Supermarket (Trader Joes) and Subway about 200 metres away. Noise was what you'd expect in a city and didnt disturb sleep

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

We stayed at this hotel twice (once in Feb 2011 and once during the summer of 2010 - can't remember the date exactly).
The staff was helpful and polite, the room was clean (we had the studio room with kitchen) and the bed was comfortable.
Hotel is located about 20 minutes walking from White House and has a lot of good promotions if you book in advance.
The first time we stayed here we used the "Be Parked" promotion and that included the parking, 2 one-day metro passes and the room. It was great deal. Couldn't find it the second time around. We recommended this hotel to friends and I wouldn't think of picking another one if I was to visit DC again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

We just stayed at One Washington Circle last week for a family trip and were very happy with everything there. My husband needed to use a mobility scooter to get around due to an upcoming knee surgery and they were more than helpful with this and everything else we needed. The room was clean and bright. The kitchen was was nice to have. We were so rushed with our time that we didn't get to use it much. The bed was comfortable. My 13 yr old appreciated the pool even though she only got to use it once, again with our rushed time. I just wish it was open later than 8pm. One reason we chose the hotel was so after a long, hot day we could come back and the kids could swim. Usually though, it was too late. As far as the ambulances, there were a lot of them when we were there but they didn't bother me any more than the dogs barking in our neighborhood do.

1 Thank traceeCuyahogaFalls
Provo, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2011

The hotel is placed right along the ambulance rout, and about 3 or 4 times a night I was woken up by one that went right underneath our window (even though we were far up towards the top of the hotel). Very nice bed and service though. Everyone helped us quite a bit, and were very respectful. DC is lovely and it was nice how the hotel was placed right in the heart of it. They have icy cold lemon water in the lobby, and that was a nice treat after a long day of sightseeing. Also, we had our own kitchen when we stayed there, and it was very big and quite stocked with equipment. Nice hotel!

Room Tip: Try to get the highest room possible, and you might be able to avoid the abmulance siren.
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2011

I requested a room with 2 beds and initially the room had one bed; but they moved me. I was on the second floor near the front, very noisy, lots of sirens. You were awakened in the AM with the banging below from the restaurant renovation which I did not know about until I got there. Overall the front desk was helpful. The metro stop and buses were close by. My last day I ask their valet if after I picked up my rent car could I park out front for maybe an hour as I get my belongings and check out. He said no problem I will take care of you. Then the hotel charged me overnight parking for $30!! I'm still trying to get the charged removed. That was a kick in the face after I tipped the valet and then they charge me. I did not appreciate that. The bar downstairs was overpriced and not very friendly.
The pool area was small but clean. SLOW internet.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as high up and away from the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
FOMattheCircleHotel, Front Office Manager at One Washington Circle Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2011
Dear gourmet_galDallas_tx,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey on our property for Trip Advisor. As you are aware, this is a great source of feedback to us regarding your experience.

I want to take the opportunity to let you know, as well as other future guests, about our plans for future upgrades to the property. We are currently in a design phase to enhance our hotel. Within the scope of this project is new bedding, some furniture improvements as well as enhancements to the restaurant. We are also in the final stage of completing a full modernization to our elevators.

Thank you for pointing out the concern with the parking charge. Please contact me personally so that I can address this issue. I do want to apologize for the billing issue in advanced.

I am hopeful you will give us another try as the property will only get better over the course of the coming months.

Front Office Manager