“mixed feelings”

One Washington Circle Hotel
Ranked #31 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel this past weekend. It was 4 of us, including 2 children age 6 and 1. The room was nice, the pull out sofa bed was just enough for the kids. I really like that it had a kitchenette area as food can be quite expensive. I didn't get to use the gym or pool so I can't speak on that. I did go downstairs to the restaurant for dinner and they did not have anything for children to eat. No kids menu or anything. We tried again that next morning with breakfast and the buffet was just ok, nothing special. Parking was my main gripe. We tried to find parking around the hotel, no way! So we finally were forced to valet, and overnight valet was $40. I find that just crazy! The staff was very friendly. we had issues with our tv and they came promptly to fix it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank brittany b
GWUInnGM, Manager at One Washington Circle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Brittany B,
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Following your comments regarding your dining experiences, we have spoken with our chef and are looking to enhance our breakfast and children's menu options. We hope that the next time your travels bring you to DC that you will give our hotel another chance!
In regards to the parking charges, unfortunately, $40/night is in line with the DC standard charges---and is actually lower than certain areas of DC.
Again, Brittany, we hope to get another opportunity to truly exceed your expectations and hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

My family and I stayed at One Washington Circle Hotel over the Columbus Day weekend and absolutely loved it. However, I was not spurred to write a review until last week.

Last week, we traveled to Cleveland, Ohio to visit my wife's ailing grandmother. We stayed at a hotel in the same price point as One Washington Circle, but the room, amenities, and service were not nearly as wonderful.

Our room at One Washington Circle had all the amenities we desired and its staff was especially helpful and polite. In particular, Elliot Reaven's graciousness and pleasant demeanor sealed a tremendous experience.

Gerard

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Gerard B,
"We'll be back" are words we LOVE to hear in our industry! Thank you for making our team, especially Elliot's, day with your kind words! We're so glad that we were able to make the Columbus Day weekend a memorable one for you and your family!
We will be looking forward to welcoming you back very soon!
The One Washington Circle Hotel team

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Just next to the metro, but also just a short walk away from the White House and many other sights! The hotel itself is exceptionally clean, staff friendly, food delish etc. On top of this, our room was unexpectedly large and included a kitchen! Having stayed in many U.S hotels - this was the best!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chris m

Dear Chris M,
Thank you for posting such a wonderful review of your recent stay with us! We're so pleased that you stay with us was a memorable one, especially for someone like you who travels extensively!
We certainly hope to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to DC!

Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay to tour D.C. Staff very accommodating. Hotel is a little dated but don't let that stop you. Very close to the Metro (Foggy Bottom Station) and several good restaurants.
The Lincoln Memorial, WWII, and Vietnam memorial is about a 20 minute walk from Hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tommy D

Dear Tommy D,
We're so glad that you had a great stay with us! While our hotel is eagerly anticipating renovations over the next few months, we are pleased to know that our rooms, our location and our team made your trip to DC a great one!
We hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 26 October 2013

The service I received on a recent stay was outstanding. The room was large and perfect for working and relaxing. It had a kitchen and dinning table. Nice balcony as well. I really enjoyed the food at the Circle Bistro and the staff was welcoming. The location was close to the Metro and made it easy to get around DC. I will be back. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
GWUInnGM, Manager at One Washington Circle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Gary,
Thank you for posting such a wonderful review of your recent stay with us! We're so glad that our spacious rooms and central location in addition to our wonderful team made your stay so great! Thank you for sharing your experience and we certainly hope to welcome you back very soon!
One Washington Circle Hotel's team

Reviewed 24 October 2013

This hotel was a surprise, in a nice way. The location is great and many of the staff are really nice. It's not fancy, but it works. I had reserved a suite with a full kitchen, but checked in early and it wasn't available yet. So they gave me a suite with a fridge, microwave and coffee maker and said I'd be moved the following day. But those appliances were sufficient for my needs and I decided to stay put (besides, it was too much of a hassle to move).

The location is convenient for both business travelers and tourists. Restaurants and pubs are within walking distance, as are Whole Foods Market and Trader Joe's ( yay!) and the metro (Foggy Bottom).

What really sets this place apart is the staff. I must single out a couple of them. The first is a lady who was on duty the morning of Friday, Oct. 11th. She was so warm and lovely, very concerned about whether I had everything I needed, and walked me out of the lobby to wait for a cab. (It was raining and I was concerned about getting to my destination on time, so unfortunately, I didn't ask her name. She's a slightly older lady.) The other is Amaneul, a concierge. A very helpful and patient guy. I hope the management recognizes that these two people are a real credit to the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank NimsM

NimsM,
Thank you for such a great review! We're so pleased that our wonderful team and our hotel's location!
We certainly hope the next time your travels bring you to DC that we will get to welcome you back to our hotel!
Best,
The One Washington Circle Hotel Team!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is our 4th trip to the GWU and Foggy bottom area and this hotel did not disappoint! Staff was quite friendly. The room was very nice and very clean! We especially loved the fresh pitchers of various fruit iced water that they had every day! We had a balcony and a nice view as well. We will stay here again!! Added bonus - the price was right and the location was perfect for our needs!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kattogo4

dear mkdapinto,
Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay with us! We're so pleased that you enjoyed your hotel room and balcony as well as our team and our amenities!
We certainly hope that your 5th visit to the Foggy Bottom area brings you back to stay with us!