I was visiting the DC area and wanted to be near George Washington University. The location is excellent and the front desk was warm helpful and friendly. Elliott was very pleasant and made a dinner reservation for me. Despite being very busy, he took his time helping me. However, that is where the positives of the Hotel stop.
The lobby of the Hotel was small and clean but a little dingy. The hallways were dimly lit and the carpets were worn and stained.
I stayed in a one bedroom suite. The hardware on the door was old and the lock actually had a screw missing. The door did not automatically close. This is the first time I have ever stayed in a hotel where the door did not automatically close, so I inadvertently left the door open several times. I am not sure if this was a defect or if the closing mechanism was never installed.
The room was a reasonable size with a full size kitchen. However, the room itself was very dingy, the carpets were worn and stained. The bathroom, although clean was also in need of renovation. The bedspread and linens were old and worn and the pillows were flat and of very poor quality. In general the room, although clean was very stale.
I had a difficult time sleeping as the windows were not sound proof and I heard a tremendous amount of street noise.
I woke up early Saturday morning and needed to have breakfast. I went to the restaurant on the lower level and was surprised that it did not open until 8am. Once inside it was dark and poorly staffed. They only offered a buffet. I took one look at the runny eggs and thin un-appetizing pancakes and walked out.
I am a frequent traveler and have stayed in many hotels. I must say that this Hotel would be ok if the room was $79, but for $200 there must be many better options in the area. I would suggest that management try to make the Hotel as nice as it's website.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One Washington Circle Hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Washington, DC's vibrant Foggy Bottom neighborhood, just one block from the Foggy Bottom Metro Station. Enjoy cool, vibrant atmosphere from the moment you step through the front doors of our stylish hotel. Our friendly staff members welcome each guest with a genuine smile to our super comfortable, modern accommodations in a prime downtown DC location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your One Washington Circle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1 Washington Circle Hotel
- One Washington Circle Dc
- Hotel One Washington Circle