“Clean, spacious, central location”

One Washington Circle Hotel
Ranked #29 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed here twice for weekend trips to DC. Very central location, huge suite-style rooms with oodles of space, kitchenette, and big bedroom and sometimes also separate living/tv area. Found it to be very reasonably priced all things considered - paid around $100-$120 depending on when I went. Would stay again if I got a good deal. My only complaint was that on my second trip I had requested a wake-up call at 7am which I called again at midnight to cancel. They confirmed it was cancelled then woke me up at 6.30am with a wake up call. Then again at 7.30am with a wake-up call. Then again at 9am for house-keeping. Complete mess on the part of the front desk and management and didn't offer to do anything to make-up for it or even offer an apology even though I mentioned it when I was checking out and was really quite annoyed with the incompetent front desk people the 3rd time they woke me up at the crack of dawn on a sunday morning!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank honeyafrose
OWCH_GuestServices, General Manager at One Washington Circle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear honeyafrose,
thank you so much for sharing your experiences of your past 2 stays with us. We're very pleased that, for the most part, you've been able to truly enjoy your experiences with us. However, we sincerely apologize for not only the mix up with your wake-up call and for then getting woken up by housekeeping, but also for not properly addressing this lapse in service when you brought it to our attention. Please know that we have not only addressed our communication regarding wake-up calls amongst our front desk, but also have revisited our housekeeping policies in regards to knocking on guest doors of guests who have not yet checked out.
We certainly hope that the next time your travels bring you to DC that you will give us another opportunity to provided you with a great experience and that you'll get to enjoy our new mattresses and linens as you sleep in on a Sunday!
The One Washington Circle Hotel team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,917)

Reviewed 19 March 2014

We stayed in a one bedroom suite and it was perfect for our needs. The price was excellent for the area as well. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Have recommended this hotel to others. It fits it's four star rating well. It is very comfortable and homey.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Nileshore4
OWCH_GuestServices, General Manager at One Washington Circle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Nileshore4,
Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay with us! we're so glad that our one-bedroom suite and our team helped to make your stay exactly what you needed!
We certainly hope the next time your travels bring you to DC that we can welcome you back!

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed for four nights in this great hotel. The only problem we had was that when we arrived at 5:00 p.m. our room was not ready, so we waited in the lobby for over an hour. This normally would have annoyed the heck out of me as we had dinner reservations at 7:00 at Marcel's and it was 6:15 when we finally got to our room and still needed to change into formal attire, but we were served champagne and the doorman named Michael was so delightful and helpful that it just didn't seem so bad. We also got an upgraded room and drink tickets for the bar. So, well done in the customer service dept.
Our room was clean and spacious. We were very comfortable the whole time. It has been mentioned in previous reviews that the hotel is located in close proximity to a hospital and, so, yes, there is a lot of sirens and commotion at all hours of the day. We were on the fourth floor facing the circle, but we did not find it to be a problem to sleep through the night. If you are not a sound sleeper it could be an issue though.
The location can't be beat. We walked about two minutes to the metro and were able to be almost anywhere within 20 minutes. Also there's an abundance of great restaurants within a 0.5 mile radius of the hotel and places to buy groceries- Whole Foods, Trader Joe's. We ordered room service a couple times and had dinner and breakfast in Circle Bistro and the food was very good.
We had a great time in Washington D.C. and the wonderful staff at the hotel is responsible for a large part of it. Good job to everyone!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank raferjack
OWCH_GuestServices, General Manager at One Washington Circle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear raferjack!
Thank you so much for posting a review of your recent stay with us! It was such a pleasure to have you both stay with us; of course, we do apologize that your room wasn't ready, however very pleased to hear that we were able to make it up to you! We're so glad you had a lovely time while visiting our wonderful city and certainly hope to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to DC!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Nothing but praise for this hotel!

I have brought student groups to One Washington Circle for several years now and have nothing but the most complimentary things to say about it. The location is excellent (very safe, and an easy walk to Georgetown or GW, or to the metro), the rooms are spacious and clean, the food is good, and every single member of the staff I have dealt with over the years has been kind, competent, courteous and totally professional.

Is this the "lap of luxury, limousines waiting out front, L'Occitane and Bulgari toiletries" Four Seasons, several blocks away? Of course not. But that is hardly a criticism. There are, of course, different kinds of hotels. That one is for travelers for whom cost is a total non-issue, and that simply is not most travelers. At THIS price point, in THIS category one simply cannot beat the wonderful, first-rate, all-around experience you get here.

Next time I bring a group to Washington, one detail I know I won't have to worry about is where we are staying. We'll be at One Washington Circle!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ajw65
OWCH_GuestServices, General Manager at One Washington Circle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear ajw65,
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback and experiences with the Trip Advisor Community! It is always such a pleasure to host your student groups and yourself when you are in town!
As a team, we very much strive to become the best in class hotels; so it was a pleasure to read that you've identified our efforts and that we've consistently delivered wonderful experiences for you!
As always, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Travelled to Washington in January, and stayed here for 5 nights. The reception staff were very polite, friendly & helpful. The location is excellent, being a short walk from the Foggy bottom Metro station. Rooms were large with the standard you would expect. Overall, I would recommend One Washington Circle.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Glosguy

Dear Glosguy,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience while visiting DC and staying with us! We're so pleased that you enjoyed our larger-than-average hotel rooms, location and wonderful team.
Should your travels bring you back across 'The Pond'; we hope to welcome you back!

Reviewed 5 March 2014

First time at this hotel on recommendation of a friend who not only lives within walking distance but also spent this weekend visiting with. Pros: hotel is one block from Foggy Bottom station which is convenient since I came in Friday via Amtrak, though Sunday took a cab to Union Station early for the trains weren't running often on the weekend due to construction work. Having a WholeFoods store within walking distance was good for breakfast and whatever munchies I could bring back to my room. Room was spacious, clean plenty of towels and utensils in the kitchen though I didn't use any of them, the utensils that is. Internet worked well. Cons: Homeless people in the park across the street made me a little gunshy to walk thru it. hard to sleep with all the sirens going off during the night, due to the fact GWU hospital and a firehouse were nearby. I've stayed in many a hotel over the years, but this is the first one that charged my credit card the day of my arrival, normally I usually see a charge upon my departure, and this hotel charged me a higher price than what I expected when I made my reservation online(I booked for $206 and saw on my account they charged me $306, but they since corrected the error). Also, forget about customer service, I not only called, but emailed them Tuesday, but failed to receive any response back, very unprofessional. Should I visit D.C. again, I'll explore other options.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank textiletyke

Dear Textiletyke,
Thank you for taking the time to share some important feedback regarding your recent stay with us. While we are pleased you enjoyed aspects of your stay, we very much apologize that your billing inquiries were not answered in a timely manner. You're very right, it was not professional and please rest assured that our leadership team investigated this and have taken steps to ensure no other guest is kept waiting for a response.
Should you return to DC; we would great appreciate the opportunity to remedy your previous stay by providing you the level of service and experience that we pride ourselves in.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I have been a world traveler and road warrior for nearly 20 years. I discovered this hotel at least 15 years ago while traveling to DC. I have NEVER stayed anywhere else while traveling to the DC area, even if my meetings, which often occurred, were at another hotel. That includes the Willard and the Ritz Carlton.

This hotel has truly become my "home away from home." I feel very safe here and every member of the staff truly cares about their guests .

The hotel is not glitzy, but housekeeping is impeccable and the suites are well equipped and such a respite and refreshing experience from the typical hotel room. Many of the suites have full kitchens and some have a dining room for 6 and 1.5 bathrooms and a living room and separate bedroom. They even provide coffee beans and a grinder with filters in the kitchen and dish washing soap for the dishwasher and paper towels and everything one needs for a fully equipped kitchen. Flat panel TV's in the living room and bedroom are standard as is a balcony on virtually every room. It was a beautiful day in DC and how wonderful to sit in the sunshine on the balcony.

I have had the privilege of staying at many 5 star hotels over many years. While many of them are more elegant than One Washington Circle, none measure up to how I feel when walking through the front doors of this hotel for at least over 100 times now. I feel at home and safe and comfortable! The restaurant is excellent and there is a Whole Foods and Trader Joe's within walking distance to stock that wonderful kitchen. The restaurant also delivers breakfast and dinner with great food and very reasonable prices for DC.

Sometimes I think about this hotel as the perfect place to live if I ever take a position in DC. I have been remiss for many years in not sharing my review of my favorite hotel in the entire world....at least of the ones that I have experienced. And, that has been many, many hotels!

I love OWC hotel and I hope that you will make it your go to hotel whenever you are in DC!

Room Tip: High floor.....Circle Suite is the top accommodation