“I won't be back”

Ranked #29 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Atlanta, GA
“I won't be back”
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

The room is clean and I won't be mugged. Other than that, there is really nothing to recommend about this place. Check-in was anything but smooth. The restaurant was sub par and way over priced. Service in the bar was deplorable. And tonight my room smells of sewage. There are far better options in DC.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
OWCH_GuestServices, General Manager at One Washington Circle Hotel, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear Alpharetta_guy,
We were very disappointed to read your review of your stay with us. It is certainly not the experience that we strive for and we sincerely wish that we would have been given the opportunity to address these issues while you were staying in the hotel so that we could have done everything in our power to correct your experience and restore it to the level it should have been.
Alpharetta_guy, we would greatly appreciate if you would give us another chance the next time you are in DC and allow us the opportunity to provide the guest experience that you deserve to have. If this would be of interest to you, please give us a call directly and book your next stay through our general manager.
Best regards,
The One Washington Circle Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as a family for three nights. The location is fantastic. A metro stop and whole foods market is only a couple of mins away. The monuments and museums about a 20 min walk. The hotel lobby is nice and the staff are friendly. We found our room let this hotel down. It was old and dated and the beds very uncomfortable. The mattresses dipped in the middle and the bed covers were a silky material so kept falling off the bed. Being so close to a hospital you also have street noise. This hotel had pros and cons for us, but it was the worst sleep we had from the 8 hotels we stayed in on our trip.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank natclay
OWCH_GuestServices, General Manager at One Washington Circle Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear natclay,
thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us, we're so glad to hear that you enjoyed it, for the most part! I am very pleased to tell you that we are in the process of replacing all mattresses and linen in our guest rooms to help our guests get a better nights sleep----hopefully on your next visit to DC, you'll get to enjoy these new beds! The siren noise is unfortunately something we cannot control, however, an insider tip is to request a room that is on a higher floor and faces away from Washington Circle, this can help to drown out some of those sirens!
Bermuda
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The thing I liked best about this hotel was the location. You could easily walk to the White House and all of the attractions on the Mall, as well as the Kennedy Centre and Georgetown. (even Arlington Cemetery at a push!) There were many restaurants round about, including a great and good value Thai restaurant and a fabulous sandwich place. The room was really big and had a kitchenette attached. The only problem is that it is right by the hospital and there are sirens going all night! I even got free wine when I arrived, which was very much appreciated.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear soundofmusicfan,
We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! You're right, our location is wonderfully central and convenient a variety of DC's attractions!

We hope to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to DC!
Bristol
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My family and I stayed at this lovely hotel for 2 nights for our Washington trip. I booked ahead and as it was my Husbands birthday on the day we arrived I asked if they could make it a bit special for him.

They certainly did! A bottle of bubbly a beautiful cheese board and a Chocolate cake were in our room when we arrived. Amazing - it really was appreciated and exceeded my expectations.

One Washington Circle is a dream hotel to stay at. The location is about 0.7 miles from the Whitehouse and National Mall so easy walking distance to all the main sites. The Metro entrance is about a 5 minutes walk away which links you to everything across town. Its a dingy Metro though and the lighting is shockingly bad but it was very efficient and cheap.

One thing to note is the Emergency Room/Entrance for the Main Washington Hospital is very very close to this Hotel. If you are a light sleeper ask for a room nearer the rear of the Hotel as sometimes you will hear ambulances arrive late at or during the night. Didn;t bother us at all but I know some people sleep lightly and this may disturb. The obvious benefits of being near a Hospital as a tourist outweigh this though I think!

We booked suites for our stay and they were huge and spacious. Supremely clean and fitted out very comfortably. The shower is one of the best we have ever had at a city hotel. Each of our rooms had a microwave, a fridge, a coffee grinder and perculator (nice touch) and so you could easily cater for yourself if funds are a bit tight. Supermarkets nearby sell everything you could possibly need. We did eat out though as there is sooo much lovely food on offer.

The staff at this Hotel are very helpful and friendly and couldn't have done more to make our stay special. Always ready to help and genuinely friendly. The bar here is cosy and reasonably priced but again there is so much on offer in Georgetown its best to get out and move around. The Reception area is amazingly comfy and has fresh fruit and fruit flavoured waters available free of charge. Try the ice cold Strawberry water. Very refreshing whilst you wait for the Family to muster!

Oo while I remember try "Johnny Rockers Diner" in Georgetown too. An amazing array of true American Diner meals on offer and so cheap!! Stunning! The Pancakes were a dream ($3.99 all you can eat!!) and the Philly Steak and Cheese Scramble will keep you going ALL day - believe me. Well worth a visit.

Anyway, this Hotel is definitely worth visiting and we will certainly be going back. Excellent and 5 big shiny stars to the hotel Staff. You are a credit to your organisation.

Room Tip: Suite at the front and side of the hotel are bright and sunny and have lovely views from the balconi...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BristolLouLouD
Dear BristolLouLouD,
Thank you for your very wonderful review! We're so honored that you chose to stay with us to celebrate your husband's birthday and are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the two days you spent in DC! Thank you so much for posting such wonderful recommendations for our fellow Trip Advisors travelers to utilize!
We certainly hope to welcome you back very soon!
Ct
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice. Once was for business, once for pleasure. Both times, the staff couldn't have been more accommodating! Absoultuely love the location-close to Metro and Whole Foods. My one bedroom suite was bigger than my current apartment! Never wanted to leave! The suites offer full kitchens, so we were able to prepare meals to keep costs down. My favorite part was the dish fairy-the lovely room staff that daily did my dishes if I didn't! Would love to have one of those at home! The Georgetown Circulator bus runs right in front of the hotel, so you can get anywhere in Georgetown efficiently. There's so much todo in Georgetown! I highly recommend this hotel, and I am a picky traveler!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank nvm2013
OWCH_GuestServices, General Manager at One Washington Circle Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear nvm2013,
Thank you for posting such a wonderful reviews of your last two visits with us! We're beyond thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed our team, our location and our spacious rooms----and believe us, the rooms are bigger than a lot of our apartments as well!! Our housekeeping department got quite the kick out of being referred to as "dish fairy"! Thank you for the feedback and for sharing it with our Trip Advisor community! We hope to welcome you back very soon!

The One Washington Circle Hotel Team
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I really enjoyed my stay and I will be back next year.. I wish I could have stayed longer! The front desk staff was great they greeted me every time I walked pased the desk!! My bed and room service was outstanding I wish they had a indoor pool I enjoyed the excercise room

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank GeorgeHud
OWCH_GuestServices, General Manager at One Washington Circle Hotel, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear GeorgeHud,
Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review! We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We certainly look forward to welcoming you back next year when you return to DC!
The One Washington Circle Hotel Team
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Family with 3 young children for 3 nights..
+ The location is excellent ;walking distance to the White House ,15 min. and other tourist attractions.
+ Foggy Bottom metro station 2 min walk.
+ Whole foods market 5 min walk.
+ service is very welcoming and helping most of the times.
+ lots of restaurants around .
+ the hotel is clean and maintained.

- We asked in advance for higher floor as we were afraid of the siren noise as the GW hospital is right across the street..we didn't get one and the hotel was not in high occupancy .
- breakfast is a waist of time-the circle bistro is not as it sounds..only continental breakfast offered and was too poor to mention
- parking for 40 dollars a day is a robbery ,not less!
- the sirens of the ambulances mentioned, average counted by self- 2 times during night hours..they will offer you ear plugs (!?)

Overall a 4 out of 5 because of the location and the helpful crew.
We payed 3 nights for a standard queen suite a 240 a night,breakfast includes ,will trade it for parking (-;

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Nimrod D
OWCH_GuestServices, General Manager at One Washington Circle Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Nimrod D,
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us, we're so pleased that your and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We're sorry that our breakfast was not as extensive as it could have been---please know that we have very recently changed our breakfast menu's to provide more offerings for our guests.
As far as parking costs, believe it or not, we are on the lower-end of parking prices in DC!
However, we hope that the next time your travels bring you back to DC that we can welcome you back.