i really cant see how so many people had such a bad experience.. me and a friend went down dec. 3rd 2011 for an event going down at U street music hall which is a 5-10 minute walk away.. the location is perfect.. right next to all the bars and nightlife on u street..
booked it through hotwire.. $93 after tax.. not bad.. called the hotel to make sure they reserve a double double room so i dont have to sleep in the same bed as my friend..
when i first got there they gave me a key to a single room by accident (or maybe not, who knows) but as i was walking back down the stairs the front desk agent had the right room key in his hand to give to me..
the room was much nicer then expected.. the only thing was the shower handle was broken but it wasnt hard to figure out how to use it.. i did a speed test on the wifi, 5.6mbps.. which is much faster then other hotels.
1 thing that sort of ticked me off was when we were heading out of the hotel around 5-6pm we walked past the front desk and the guy screams "so you guys are the ones staying in room 401?" i dont see why he had to ask us that as if he wanted to keep his eye on us because we are young or something. i mean it doesnt really matter that much to me..
overall.. i would deffinetly stay in this hotel again, but only under the circumstance that they give me the same exact room that i stayed in and it is the same price that i payed because i feel like i got exactly what i payed for.. planning another trip to DC december 15-18 so ill deffinetly give them a call and see if they still have that room available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Windsor Inn is a charming forty-eight room European-style hotel conveniently located on 16th Street several blocks from either the DuPont Circle Metro station or the Memorial/Cardoza Metro station. Business travelers as well as tourists seek out the Windsor Inn for its rooms that offer comfort, location, and value. The Windsor Inn's art deco lobby has original moldings and floor tiles from the 1920s renewal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, HostelWorld, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Windsor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windsor Hotel Washington Dc
- Windsor Inn Washington Dc