I very nearly cancelled my stay at the Windsor Inn after reading so many negative comments. However, as bmaguire13 says its a great place if you come with the right expectations. I found every person on the front desk friendly and extremely helpful with Phylis being the absolute standout. Her manner and ability to problem solve are to be highly commended.
After spending a frightful week in New York my whole trip has been reinvigorated by my stay at the Windsor Inn. Sure it is in need of some serious renovations but then it would be double the price. If you want glitz stay at the Hyatt. If you want warmth and hospitality in a great location at a value for money price then stay at the Windsor Inn. I certainly will be if I come back to Washington DC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Windsor Inn is a charming forty-eight room European-style hotel conveniently located on 16th Street several blocks from either the DuPont Circle Metro station or the Memorial/Cardoza Metro station. Business travelers as well as tourists seek out the Windsor Inn for its rooms that offer comfort, location, and value. The Windsor Inn's art deco lobby has original moldings and floor tiles from the 1920s renewal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Windsor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windsor Hotel Washington Dc
- Windsor Inn Washington Dc