I spent two nights at the Windsor Inn in April 2014, together with my teen age son.
From the outside, it looks like a quaint local brownstone, however, for the price, it is a truly bad deal.
No elevator, 3 stories, steep, narrow rickety stairs, a nightmare if carrying suitcases.
A room worthy of a prison, cheap mattress and bed frame, worn carpet and dust everywhere, a sink with no room for any toiletries, microscopic bathroom/shower, slow, spotty Wi-Fi. Breakfast included in the morning of such poor quality (from the coffee to the O.J. to the stale pastries) that even my son refused to touch it.
The final indignity, unforgivable: bed bugs! I was spared, my son was not, the unmistakable punctures all over his back and arms (I am a physician, I know what bed bugs bites look like..).
It certainly spoiled the fun of being in Dupont Circle: I will never go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Windsor Inn is a charming forty-eight room European-style hotel conveniently located on 16th Street several blocks from either the DuPont Circle Metro station or the Memorial/Cardoza Metro station. Business travelers as well as tourists seek out the Windsor Inn for its rooms that offer comfort, location, and value. The Windsor Inn's art deco lobby has original moldings and floor tiles from the 1920s renewal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, HostelWorld, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Windsor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windsor Hotel Washington Dc
- Windsor Inn Washington Dc