“Great hotel and services”

Kimpton Topaz Hotel
Ranked #87 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I just spent four nights in Washington with 2 friends and we stayed at the KI Topaz. Our room was a great size for 3 women travelling together. Customer service was outstanding both at the front desk and in the bar. Rick is a great bartender and very attentive during happy hour!!! The hotel is within walking distance of many restaurants, the metro and the pick up point for the hop on hop off bus. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!!

1  Thank fore42
rcimei, General Manager at Kimpton Topaz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear fore42,

Thank you for your amazing review of your recent stay at the Topaz. I am really happy to hear how well Rick took care of you and how much you and your traveling partners enjoyed your time with us.

We look forward to having you with us again soon!

Ryan Cimei

Write a ReviewReviews (1,328)

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Our stay at Topaz was excellent. Three of us shared a BIG double queen room .The complimentary wine hour from 5-6 was enjoyed after out days of sightseeing. The staff were friendly and made us feel so very comfortable. Rick, the bartender gave us excellent service as did Sha and Marcus on the front desk. The location is good , a quiet residential street but very close to Connecticut Ave. We would highly recomend this hotel.
Sandy

Dear Sandra P,

Thank you so much for sharing what a great time you had with us here at the Topaz. I am super happy to hear how well Rick and the front desk team took care of you.

We can't wait to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I agree with previous reviews regarding the staff here at the Topaz. The folks here are as courteous and accommodating as any in a six star hotel. During my three day stay, I was greeted each time I entered and exited the lobby by Paula, Mark and Shaw as though I were a VIP. There was another young man who worked as a valet who was equally as charming and helpful.
The rooms have recently been renovated, with charming wall papers, soft carpets and clever designs. Our double queen room had a delightful alcove with a custom designed leather couch filling the space...very comfortable. The linens are high end, and so soothing at the end of a busy day. The toiletries provided are eco friendly and smell divine...
Don't miss the hotel bar, as I almost did. The bartender, Giovanni, is quick to take care of his guests, always smiling, pleasant and the drinks were perfect. The food served here is quite tasty ( I had the Ahi Tuna kabobs and a salad. Reasonably priced, and delicious !)
I am so thankful for the reviews here on Tripadvisor that led me to Topaz. I am so looking forward to my next trip to DC, and I know where I'll be staying.

2  Thank mcc-inc

Dear mcc-inc,

Thank you for your outstanding review of your stay at the Topaz. I am so happy to hear that the team took such great care of you and I will personally thank each of the folks you mentioned.

I am really happy you enjoyed the hotel and the bar so much and thank you for taking the time to pass on how much fun you had.

We all can't wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I've stayed here a couple of times while in DC for business. It is close to the business and tourist areas. Great little hotel with large clean rooms. The customer service is outstanding. Lots of places nearby to walk to for dinner. The room service menu is good quality but limited selection.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Dear JAhlbeg,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your stay at the Topaz. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed everything so much and thank you for sharing!

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Topaz for my birthday weekend. It is a great location near DuPont Circle and the staff are very accommodating. Great in and out privileges for their parking garage. We love Kimpton's hotels and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank jkd722
rcimei, General Manager at Kimpton Topaz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear jkd722,

Thank you for your oustanding review of the Topaz! I am happy to hear that you had such a great time and the Dupont Circle location worked out so well for you.

We look forward to having you back with us.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

The hotel has been recently refurbished and, accordingly to Kimpton style, has a distinctive decor. This has a sort of Middle-Eastern flavour, which can be perceived in the hall and in the bar. They also serve (as usual) wine at five and have the same array of amenities of every Kimpton hotel. I suppose, however, that this is a bit more basic than other properties in Washington, but we enjoyed of a special offer. Besides, our room was quite spacious and clean. Among the staff, I wish to mention Mr. Rick, who served at the bar, and another Caucasian man, whose name I don't remember, who welcomed us with a cup of wine after a tiring day. But, in general, everyone was kind and contributed to an unforgettable staying.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TongBo

Dear TongBo,

Thank you for such an outstanding review of your stay at the Topaz. I am really happy to hear that you enjoyed everything so much. I will certainly pass on my thanks to Rick and Sam for taking such good care of you. I am really happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the wine hour as well.

We look forward to having you come see us again soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

The front desk staff was very friendly and courteous....always! My sister and I had a large room with 2 queen beds, a desk area and a very nice vanity space outside the bathroom. After a long day of walking and blisters(front desk actually had bandaids!) how refreshing to have watermelon sangria for cocktail hour! Love the animal print robes...we laughed our selves silly in them! Location was so pleasant...on a pretty quiet street, not far from Dupont Circle. I would definitely recommend this charming oasis in the city....and the service from the smiling, very helpful staff makes the guests feel "right at home." Can't wait to come back next year!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank joycejac

Dear joycejac,

Thank you so much for such an amazing review! I really couldn't be happier that you had such a great experience. You hit a lot of the fun stuff too, the robes and sangria, that is awesome!

We can't wait to have you come back and see us again.