Kimpton Topaz Hotel
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
US$550
  • Restaurant
Phoenix Park Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$416
US$371
US$382
US$332
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Hotel Lombardy(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$356
US$286
  • Restaurant
Sofitel Washington DC(Washington DC)
US$402
US$378
  • Room Service
US$455
US$378
  • Bar/Lounge
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$349
US$289
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
US$498
US$413
  • Pool
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
US$469
US$183
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$449
US$361
  • Pool
1,364 results
All reviewsdupont circlequiet streetiron gatewine hourdressing roomyoga matcomplimentary winemini barfront desk staffwhite housecontinental breakfastconnecticut averoom was largesmall hotellocation is greatfew blockssitting area
Reviewed 14 December 2013

The Topaz is a little boutique hotel a short distance from Dupont Circle which is a safe and very conveinent location. The hotel is a 5 minute walk to the metro. There are many great places to eat within walking distance.
Pros: comfortable bed, great service, free use of the YMCA located just around the corner, relatively clean.
Cons: needs some repairs. In my room the wall paper was coming off the wall in the bathroom, the chalking around the bathtub was coming off, the bathroom had a bad odor, and the carpet had some stains. (I would have asked to change rooms but I had a busy schedule and it was too much of a hassle.) There is valet parking only.

Overall, the hotel was good. If the repairs are made I'd reccomend it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank tgdow
rcimei, General Manager at Kimpton Topaz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear tgdow,

Thank you for your review of your stay at the Topaz. I am glad that the location and and the service worked out so well for you. I very much appreciate you taking the time to let us know about the issues in your guest room, we of course took care of them right away.

We hope you will come see us again on your next trip to DC.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Great place to stay. Very clean and quiet. Service was impeccable. Everyone always had a smile to greet you. The only thing was that the gym is located around the block; however, location is awesome for walking or jogging in safe area. I found it to be centrally located since everything was at a reasonable walking distance to get in some shopping for just about anything, dining including delivery to the hotel as well visiting important attractions such as the Washington Monument. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Dear MGM305,

Thank you so much for your outstanding review of your stay with us at the Topaz. You were so wonderfully kind in your words and I really cannot thank you enough.

I am delighted to hear how much of a great experience you had with us and how well you enjoyed the location and the property and team.

We really look forward to having you come see us again so we can do it all over for you.

Happy New Year,

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Accompanied husband on biz trip and this Kimpton Hotel is less than a block from his meeting, so this is why we stayed here.
Here's why I thought this hotel came up short: HDTV but no HD service, hot water pot & tea but no coffee (Starbucks nearby), requested papers not deliver as
Romped, except last day of 5, mattress sounded like it was wrapped in plastic, so noisy when sleeping, tiny bathroom and not grab bar in shower/tub, soap dispensers in shower didn't really dispense well, and you must negotiate 2 steps to access the elevators.
Otherwise, was fine. Over $200 per night.

Room Tip: Can't think of anything to help.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank MegamomSeattle
rcimei, General Manager at Kimpton Topaz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear MegamomSeattle,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am disappointed you did not have a better experience and we fell short of your expectations. I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback as it does appear we had some service gaps that we can work on.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday. Thank you again.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

I planned to stay several nights at this hotel, to unwind after my European trip. I was unpleasantly surprised by how old the whole building is. All they did to try to make this place sellable is glue new wall paper and give a fresh coat of paint. Everything looks very shabby and dingy. The lobby area is extremely small and the bar area is very dark and shabby with questionable breakfast. Very dissappointed and would not recommend for a stay. I moved out after one night to a different hotel as the place was just too depressing and unpleasant to stay in for several nights. Not sure why it has good reviews on tripadvisor. Usually tripadvisor is reliable for reviews but not in this case.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank AnnaK1275
rcimei, General Manager at Kimpton Topaz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear AnnaK1275,

I am really sorry to hear about the poor experience that you had with us. I am sorry that the facilities and the breakfast were not to your liking and you felt the hotel was subpar. I assure you more than a coat of paint was put on the hotel to make it sellable. We pride ourselves in being a top hotel destination here in DC the delivers excellent service and accommodations in a prime location which is why our other travelers rate us so high. I am really sorry that you did not feel that way and enjoy your visit.

I hope that your next hotel was more to your liking and you got to enjoy DC during your visit and unwind while you were here after your European travels.

Wishing you a Happy Holiday.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

It is in the heart of DuPont Circle with many great dining places nearby.
The location is everything, as you can walk to the nearby attractions of Washington Monument and the White House.
Great staff, very clean spacious rooms. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Fiona F,

Thank you so much for your amazing review of your stay at the Topaz. I am so glad that the location worked out so well for you and you enjoyed your guest room and our team.

We hope to see you with us again soon. Thanks again and Happy Holidays!