“Wonderful Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Piscataway, New Jersey
“Wonderful Hotel”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Brought our granddaughter to visit Washington, DC in early November. Location was excellent. Walking distance to many of the attractions. Neighborhood was beautiful. The staff was efficient and very helpful with many suggestions of places to eat and see. The room was a little dated but we weren't there to stay in the room all day. Otherwise, the kitchenette was great. Breakfast was delicious and plenty of choices. Since we didn't see everything, we will be back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Donte J, General Manager at Capitol Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Hello Pat H,

Thank you for taking a moment to post this fantastic review of your stay with us. It's great to hear that you and your granddaughter had an enjoyable visit. In reviewing your posting I noticed that you felt that the rooms need to be updated. In a couple of weeks we will begin the process of doing just that. I hope you'll have an opportunity to visit Washington again next year to check out our new look. Thanks again for the review!

Donte Johnson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Hebrew first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Great place to stay when visiting DC. Just a few blocks from The Capital in a great location! The front desk staff was nice & super accommodating! The room was nice and spacious with a fancy decor. I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Donte J, General Manager at Capitol Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Hello Jasmine H,

Thank you for staying with us and posting this great review! It's really fantastic to read that you had an enjoyable visit to The Hill. I'll be sure to share your feedback with the team here at the hotel. Thanks again for the feedback. Come back soon!

Thanks,

Wyncote, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This well-located, super convenient hotel was very affordable by DC standards, and has one of the friendliest, most accommodating professional staffs I've ever encountered (and I'm a seasoned business traveler.) The room was comfortable and the small touches like free WiFi, free, expanded continental breakfast and more made our overnight stay there last week very pleasant.
I would recommend highly you consider it on your next trip, especially if you need proximity to the Hill. An excellent value!

Hello Denise R,

Thank you for posting this fantastic review of our hotel here on Tripadvisor. I appreciate the awesome comments about your stay. It's especially gratifying for our team to hear such great feedback from a well-traveled reviewer. I look forward to sharing your review with everyone at the hotel and we look forward to your return.

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I would like to tell you I really liked this place but I want to be honest. Since the hotel is located in Washington DC about three blocks from the Capital it is not cheap but they give my company a great rate. It is just a few blocks from my office so it is very convenient.

The Capital South Metro station is one block from the hotel and it is easy to find a taxi. There are a number of decent restaurants, dry cleaners and a few small grocery stores within walking distance. There are a couple of ATMs within a block.

The front lobby is small but the staff was friendly and efficient. I arrived early so I could not get into my room. They quickly checked my luggage and found me a taxi. They even offered to call my cell phone when the room was ready.

The room was disappointing. It was very dated. Light plates were cracked and broken. The tub had a number of chips and dents. The power plugs were old and worn out. The walls were scared up and the door was warped. It would not close by itself. I would have to push it shut. The room had plenty of closets.

The walls are thin. The guy next door was making a bunch of noise that was getting on my last nerve.

Would I stay here again … not until they update the property or if there is NOTHING else available!

1 Thank Patrick O
Donte J, General Manager at Capitol Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Hello Patrick O,

Thank you for taking the time to review us here on Tripadvisor. I appreciate your honest and candid feedback and I'm glad to read that you were treated well during your stay with us. I'm sorry that room fell short of your expectations. I am, however, happy to share with you that we're beginning a room renovation on December 26 of this year. The great thing about having two buildings is that we're able to renovate in sections so as to not create a disruptive environment for our guests. I hope you'll give our new rooms a try on your next trip to Washington.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This hotel stands out from others in many ways. It is affordable. It has an amazing location. It is very nice with special touches like chilled water and coffee/tea 24/7 for guests. Wifi is free and standard. The most important defining characteristic is that it has these amazing attributes AND the hotel staff are amazing. They always remember me from my previous visits and make me feel as if I am part of their family. I will return again and again!

Green Features: I saw recognition of their environmental consciousness from third parties posted in their common areas.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Donte J, General Manager at Capitol Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Hello Kaks827,

Thank you for posting another fantastic review of our hotel. It's great to read that your visits to our hotel and to Washington are always enjoyable and that you'll be back. We love being your home away from home when you're visiting our nation's capital. Thanks again for the great feedback. We truly appreciate it.

The Entrance, Australia
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We stayed here in Oct 2013 just after the goverment was re opened thank god. Good location not far from the metro station so you can get train from and to airport easily. The rooms are quite comfortable the beds are large and very comfortable. They have contiental breakfast included each morning. The breakfast room is a little small so if it is busy you might have to wait a little for toast but overall the choices are fine nothing fancy but OK. Overall I think Washington hotels are expensive but I found this place to be good value for money. The hotel is only a five minute walk up to the bars and resturants on Pennsylvania Avenue and 5 minutes to the Capitol building.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello ccoaster,

Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us! We appreciate the great feedback about our location, rooms, and the overall comfort and value of your experience. We'd love for you to return on your next trip to Washington. It'd be great to have you with us.

Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This is the first time we have stayed in DC and we picked the right Hotel in a great locataion. The Capitol building is very close and Free to walk round. The Train station is also very close. If you like walking this is the place to do it.
The Hotel has two buildings and we were in the one next door to the main block. Very nice large room and very clean. Micro wave and kitchen with fridge freezer, kettle ect. Very nice. The buffet breakfast was included and there was plenty of it. Only down side was paper plates and plastic forks. But hey not an issle really!
Restaurants very close by and plenty of bars.
I will certainly use this hotel again. Must mention the staff, very helpful.

Room Tip: If you like tea take a few tea bags with you. Only free coffee sachets were in the room.