“Pretty good location for this hotel, and easy to get around”

Days Inn Washington DC/Connecticut Avenue
Ranked #116 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Toronto
“Pretty good location for this hotel, and easy to get around”
Reviewed 19 September 2008

My friend and I went to Washington DC to attend a couple of Nationals games, and were looking for a reasonable hotel in a good location. We found this Days Inn online, and booked it. It was pretty easy to find, about 3 blocks from the Van Ness subway station on the red line. We were able to commute to the ball park and to the attractions very easily, and there are a few food places around to pick up breakfast or lunch. There is also a large CVS right across from the subway for any other needs. The rooms were a good size, very clean. The TV did not have a remote, and the controls on the TV itself didn't work very well though. We had a view of the parking lot at the back, which wasn't very exciting. But, it was a fairly good stay - the staff stored our bags until after the baseball game, since our room was not available, so we were able to check in late and not have to come back up. Everyone was friendly and gave us any information we needed. The free internet was a bonus as well.

I would stay here again if I came back to Washington DC.

• Liked — The location in regards to the subway.
  • Disliked — The TV controls, no remote, and the parking lot view
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jaysgrrrrl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
New York
Reviewed 16 September 2008

My husband, adult son and I arrived on Sunday and stayed through to Saturday. We found that all of the personnel from the front desk to the maid service to be pleasant, sincere, helpful and efficient. The computer in the lobby came in handy. We liked the fact that you have to use your room key to operate the elevator to your floor. There are two elevators. They both worked well every time we used them. (They looked new.) The rooms are what I consider average. The beds looked lumpy, but they really weren't. They were very comfortable. The bathroom is small, and the tub is old looking and had some mildew around some of the tiles, but the tub itself was spotlessly clean, and the shower worked better than in lots of other hotels. The coffee in the room was great. The coffeepot is actually stainless steel, not glass. The coffee in the lobby was not so great.
This Days Inn is not luxurious, but if you are looking for cozy and comfortable, I think that you would like it here. I know that we would not hesitate to stay here again, and I would definitely recommend it to our friends.

• Liked — comfort
  • Stayed September 2008
1 Thank tlmas
Israel
Reviewed 30 August 2008

The hotel location is good, 10 minutes walk from the Metro.
Close and cosy supermarket "Giant" with tables for breakfast ( No breakfast at the hotel ) . Reasonable price.
The problems are : Small rooms with poor view , the hot water in the bath were cold and got warm only after 20 minutes waiting each time, The internet in the room didn't work even after I complained at the reception desk , and the staff at the reception are not helpful and not friendly.

• Liked — Location and Price
  • Disliked — Room and hotel staff

Travellers are raving about these Washington DC hotels

Newburyport, MA
Reviewed 26 August 2008

I have stayed at the Days in before so I figured this one would be like the others - nothing fancy just a clean place to stay. Well, I admit I was wrong. I was there for two night with my husband and 2 kids. The smell when we got off the elevator should have indicated what the room would be like. The bathrooms were dated and very worn. There was a pizza-slice sized piece of the bathroom vanity that had been glued back into place. Finally a hotel that I feel I NEED the in-room safe and of course it was broken. The beds were lumpy. Everything in the room just gave me the feeling of YUCK! The one positive of the hotel is the wireless internet in all rooms. Fortunately for me and my family - we had virtually no time in the room except for minimal sleep. I would recommend avoiding this hotel. Spend the extra money and get a place you can feel comfortable in.

• Liked — wireless internet
  • Disliked — The working girl in the lobby.
Oklahoma
Reviewed 19 August 2008

My husband and I stayed here during a 2005 trip to DC. It is extremely close to the Van Ness metro stop and short walk to the U of DC. It is in a safe location and close to many restaurants and a CVS. The room was adequate and had the same amenities for those in its class.

Stayed December 2005
2 Thank MrsWright2008
Reviewed 13 August 2008

Is an average hotel comfortable room with good service, only had one internet computer to the guesses and always is in use, no breakfast is included. The good thing is its Localization 1 Block from Metro – Van Ness UDC and the zoo, there are many different kind of dinner close to the hotel with Italian Chinese Indian and buffet dinners.

Traveler108
Reviewed 1 June 2008

very neat and clean rooms.....
Van Ness (Red Line) metro stop is less than 0.2 miles away