“So-So for the price”

Ranked #114 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“So-So for the price”
Reviewed 8 December 2010

The room was clean, not too bad, but a little on the small side. My problem is not with the room, but the fact that I was not aware that there was a fee to park. My boyfriend and I drove seperately since we were coming from 2 different directions, so we ended up paying $20 plus tax PER parking pass! So that total ended up being $44.80...half the cost of the room just to park our cars! What makes this worse is that it was totaled into the cost of the stay, but now the hotel is holding that $44.80 on my charge card. Not a good system, and should have on their website before making a reservation that there is a fee to park!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
DaysInnConnAve, General Manager at Days Inn Washington DC/Connecticut Avenue, responded to this review, 14 January 2011
Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor. I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for any incovenience that our Parking policy my have caused. I am confident that our parking policy and fees are properly displayed on our websites however, I have instructed our marketing department to review other 3rd party sites that my have omited that information and to contact those site managers to update the policy if necessary. Our parking fees are compatible or below other's charges in the city. Please contact me directly as you plan any future visits to the Nation's capital and allow me to remedy any worng impression that you might have of us.
Best wishes,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 8 December 2010

Clean, comfortable, convenient location. If this was badged as a luxury hotel you could pick some minor holes but I paid 79 dollars plus tax for a king room and it represented excellent value compared to what else seems to be available in DC.

• Stayed December 2010
Lyme Regis, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2010

Having read a couple of recent mixed reviews I was a little concerned about what I would find. HOWEVER, I was immediately reassured on check in, despite having been travelling for nearly 24 hours from England and low blood sugar! The room was fine, tidy and clean and the location is very good indeed for exploring from and gettng around. This is not a 5 star hotel but what you get is excellent value for money and I will not hesitate to book again when I next visit Washington.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
DaysInnConnAve, General Manager at Days Inn Washington DC/Connecticut Avenue, responded to this review, 7 December 2010
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our Days Inn. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We will continue to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be.
sacramento
Reviewed 1 December 2010

I had a business trip to Dc for couple of days and at first I would say I chose this hotel because it was close to metro but during my 2nd night , at 2.40 am I got a call from the front desk and I was told that my payment was downstairs and when I said thank you, the male's voice said that "your male prostitute is downstairs also and pressured me to go downstairs". I felt very unsafe in a hotel, and when I told them at the front desk, they didn't want to do anything about that, saying that their employees are females only but I saw that they have security and they are males. They were lying through their teeth and refused to do something. Wouldn't recommend to anyone because you never know what might happen to you there.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
After reading your comments, I can understand your frustration with us. Prank calls originated from other rooms are hard to ID. However, it's obvious that the response from our staff was below expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. I know that if you choose to stay with us in the future you will experience the quality and service you expect from a Days Inn. I appreciate you business and your candid feedback

Travellers are raving about these Washington DC hotels

Middletown, nj
Reviewed 18 November 2010

I was surprised when I was asked to pay $20+tax for parking my car in the inn's parking lot.
I was also surprise, upon returning home next day, that my friend's skin and my skin were bitten by unknown insects.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed 18 November 2010

Pros:
- Clean.
- Quiet.
- Near a metro station. You can go to anywhere in a few minutes.
- Nice restaurants around. I personally recommend Italian Pizza Kitchen, just across the street, and its wonderful calzone.
- The beds are amazing.
- Everyone are very helpful.

Cons:
- No breakfast. But it isn't anything annoying because there are several options around.
- slow internet access.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mauro_Manzano
Thank you for your kind words. we always strive to be the best value and hotel in the Washington area. We look forward to you returning and being our guest again.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 November 2010

Stayed at the Days Inn during the Rally to Restore Sanity/Fear so the hotel was fully booked as well as the whole city. Booked this hotel directly for $135/night in September. Good deal compared to other hotels, days inn is a budget oriented and really you are only staying here to sleep. We bring our bikes and the staff was pretty laid back about it, we brought them to our rooms which we felt they preferred as they would have to lock it up in their storage on another floor. The elevators were small, but one bike fit at a time. We liked the covered garage and it is attached to the hotel - 20$ /night. We got there really late (1am on Sat - for a check in on Friday night) and they charged us for Friday (fullday ) and Saturday. The hotel is old, but the rooms were newly renovated. Considering it was fully booked, it was not loud in the hotel. We were located at the front, it was a bit noisy at night time. The lcoation of the hotel was away from the bustle of the city but very accessible. We rode our bikes to downtown via rock creek trail and then the national mall trail. The front desk worker assisted us with where to go, very friendly. Great city to bike in. The metro was only2 blocks away and did not get to use it since it was "special event" and our bikes were not allowed. On the way back, we rode on connecticut street, it was a quiet street once you get out of the core. We travel a lot and if we are not able to get a deal on hotwire or priceline, we always go to days inn. Would definetly stay here again. bonus: free and dependable wi-fi

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rissa0401
Thank you for staying at the Days Inn Connecticut Ave. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and sicerely appreciat e you sharing your comments.