End of the quarter budget time and could not get to where I wanted to go with Priceline but instead found this hotel a few stops out of downtown on the Red line metro and I had a very good stay.
i usually do not stay out past the Woodley Park stop and this is at Van Ness which is a couple of stops past Woodley on the Red line but it was worth the extra 5 minutes. The price was very reasonable and was close to anything ($$) I could have gotten on Priceline ( w/o knowning which hotel I would get). It's a very safe neighborhood and the hotel is literally 2 blocks from the metro.
I had dinner(s) from the Giant Food store across from the metro and ate healthy all week. I did try the italian restaurant directly across the street and it was good/not great. I also ate lunch from the Potbelly Restaurant which is on the way to the metro and that was also basic but good.
Front desk was friendly and helpful when I checked in, free coffee and tea but no breakfast, Room was a bit on the small side but very nice and updated. I was on the backside and it was quiet all week. Shower was hot in the morning and heat worked great during the very cold week outside. Pillows were plentiful but way too small and I ended up waking every night w/ either a stack of them or laying my head directly on the mattress as they had slipped out. Lobby is very small w/ very limited seats but I did slip into one of the chairs one afternoon and drank tea while watching the news and it was comfortable. I did hear a couple of complaints about having to pay for parking but I am a public transportation guy. I also overheard the manager solve a parking problem for a road crew that had stopped overnight w/ a very large truck and she was very good laying out the solution to the problem and the crew walked away happy.
i did not pay much at all for a DC visit and for the $$, this hotel is a GREAT value and I will book it again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you are in town on business or pleasure, our Washington, DC hotel offers quality accommodations, generous amenities, an first class service just three miles form the heart of downtown DC, and just one block away from METRO accessibility. The Days Inn Washington DC-Connecticut Avenue is the perfect hotel to experience the Nation's Capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Days Inn Washington DC/Connecticut Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Connecticut Ave. Hotel Washington Dc
- Connecticut Avenue Days Inn
- Days Inn Washington Dc
- Days Inn Connecticut Ave Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Days Inn