“Horrible hotel”

Courtyard Washington, DC/Dupont Circle
Ranked #85 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I've rented plenty of rooms in DC. This one was one my friend rented for her 25th. I thought it was ok... But not the best I've been too. That was until I got handcuffed for the first time in my whole life. I'm not an instigator and I get a long with everyone. The person next to us had a "do not disturb sign" and we were a little loud when we got back from the bar. We got a call from the front desk and I decided to apologize in person to our neighbors. Low and behold next thing know I'm in handcuffs by the police for noise complaints. I apologized for the complaints and the Said they would let me go. Obviously BC they knew they had nothing on me. I paid for two rooms and got kicked out. It was absurd. I've never been treated so badly in my life. I will never return to the Marriott and I hope you won't either. Heed my warning. The staff was not friendly and you won't enjoy your stay. Please avoid at ALL COSTS. you've been warned.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Samantha K

Reviewed 26 November 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights when I attended a conference at the Marriott Wardman Park hotel up the road. Overall a very good experience; rooms were comfy and clean, and the wifi was good. Location was great, near to Dupont Circle, and the open top tour buses stopped outside. The ice machine in the corridor was a bit loud, so bring ear plugs, but overall a pleasant stay and good value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the ice machine for a quieter night
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Claire B
Reviewed 24 November 2013

this was my second stay here and if is always pleasant. The location is very convenient to the Metro and lots of restaurants. The staff is always welcoming and the older woman who works in the hotel restaurant is very friendly and helpful. The room was large, clean and comfortable. For the price it is a very nice place to stay in DC.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nmfMaine
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights during a business visit. I was attracted by the location near Dupont Circle and the fitness center in the hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful - top marks for customer service. However, the rooms were very dated and desperately need renovating. The furniture, television and bed were fine, but the bathroom and other room amenities were poor. The towels were tissue thin and scratchy. In addition, I could hear my neighbors in the room next to me quite clearly. The sound proofing is extremely poor. The doors were loud and not fitted well in the door frame, so ample light was able to shine through the gaps at night.

Although the service was top notch, I would not stay here again until the rooms are renovated.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the end of the hall or isolated so that the lack of soundproofing is not as evi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank getupandgofar
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I stayed there during October of 2013 and enjoyed my stay immensely. The room is large enough, clean and has all the possible amenities that one could need. The hotel staff were kind and helpful when asked for recommendations regarding restaurants and attractions. The one negative thing was that I guess the walls are a bit too thin seeing as we could hear when people were passing in the corridor and feel it when an adjacent room's door closed or opened. This happened rarely though so it wasn't a big deal.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Styed here three nights for a conference that was held at a sold-out hotel across the street. Located within an easy walk to some great restaurants. The staff were all very friendly; I was always greeted when I walked in and out of the hotel. They also did a lot of little things that were nice: one day had a rainy forecast and they offered me an umbrella so I wouldn't get caught in the rain. The concierge who held my bags for me remembered me when I returned to get my bags (didn't need to get my ticket) and the valet promptly retrieved my car. Very competent service throughout my stay.

The room was smaller compared to other Courtyards I have stayed in, but was the expected size for a large city Courtyard. The only con for me was the price. The room rate varied, but one night it was over $300, which felt high for a Courtyard, even one in DC.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Rooms are half the size of Marriott Courtyard rooms. only one small entry which requires driving up a narrow ramp and around the hotel,s narrow drive to get to the very small entry area and smaller lobby.

Must walk to another floor for ice machine. Marginal furnishings and premium prices.

Not nearly up to Marriott standards

I would not stay here again

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple