“business trip” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #35 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
California
“business trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

What a great hotel. it is perfectly situated to walk to work, take the M all round and find good places to eat and drink wine and or coffee. The room is just what a business traveler wants; well appointed, modern with all conveniences (except no wine in the mini-bar). Really comfortable bed, nice furnishings and a LG flat screen TV to watch while unwinding.

The staff is very accommodating and friendly. They seem motivated to help and the atmosphere told me this is a well managed establishment.
I hope to come back on my next trip here.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (634)
  • Hebrew first
Cinnaminson, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Stayed at the Level 9 suite with my wife for a getaway.
Great room and great service.
Great locations with tons of things to do in area.
Metro stop right there so leave the car at home.
Staff very helpful and amenities were nice.

Room Tip: Regular rooms are available on Priceline for last miniute
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Dupont Circle Hotel during the recent Labor Day weekend.

We were greeted by a warm and friendly staff that did everything in their power to make our stay enjoyable.

Our room was super clean and modern. It was comfortable and had a great shower. I was also very impressed with the fact that the room was very quiet despite the fact that we had a family in the next room.

The hotel is conveniently located at Dupont Circle and has a Metro Station at the circle. Plus, there is a wonderful farmer's market that is just a few blocks away and is held on Sunday mornings. We only wish we could have had a means to store some of the great produce and meats that we found at the Farmer's Market.

About the only negative comment that we would have about our stay at the hotel is that they did not have a coffee maker in the room.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jaeger1711
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2011

Like this other couple--we also in DC for our 1st anniversary over Labor Day wknd. They also checked us in 2 hrs early with no problem. The Concierge--Lynn was very helpful!!
The Lobby was very clean and stylish--Loved it. The Restaurant/bar looked very cool but we had too many other recommendations to go that friends gave. I guess was a hot spot since it was always busy.

We were put on the 4th floor facing Dupont Circle--nothing spectacular but was nice view. The room is exactly what you see on other reviews--we had a Superior room. Small but very nicely set up and was very clean. We knew the bathroom was an odd set up---but the sink area was very modern with heated floors (awesome), the shower connects right to toilet area, it was very clean and not bothersome----it was a very intertesting and neat set up. The Bed was very comfortable and crisp white linens.

The blinds are part of what attracted me to this hotel---there are none of the tacky curtains in this hotel--it is slightly bright in the morning though but that was fine--i will take that over cheesy curtains.

Hotel is right on Dupont circle---1block from metro station, Starbucks across the street along with other bakeries instead of paying for hotel breakfast. Many french restaurants. Perfect place to stay and would definitely stay in this area next visit to DC

Restaurants that friends had recommended----Pizzeria Paradiso...upscale pizza place was excellent choice
Estadio in Logan Circle---spanish cuisine....amazing romantic dining or with friends
Circa at Dupont----do not go....the food was aweful for such an attractive looking spot
La Pain Quentidine Cafe--french bakery was a great breakfast, next to pizzeria paradiso
The Black Fox--jazz place....was a nice relaxed bar to listen to live jazz for free or go to Blues Ally in Foggy bottom with a $25 cover.....the black fox was just 3 blocks form hotel
Bier Baron AKA Brickskeller---old beer pub....with huge selection of beer...very popular in DC
Birch and Barley, Cork, and Mesa 14 also fanstatic restaurants...

Overall the Dupont Circle was amazing and a great choice---glad it was recommended!!!!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Miami, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

My husband and I just came back from an EXCELLENT trip in DC. We are 29 and 34 and wanted a super great location and this hotel definitely offers that. Amazing food in every street corner and steps from the Metro (which is one of the best systems I have seen in my travels). The hotel staff is beyond friendly and helpful!

I do have two complaints:
#1 the bathroom design as you will see in some of the pictures posted on this forum is super strange. There is no door, no lock and the door does not reach all the way down to the floor or the ceiling. Sooooo....not to be too graphic but all sounds in the bathroom can be heard in the room.
#2 the room we stayed in (not sure if all rooms) have these beautiful wooden blinds.....that dont block the sun AT ALL!! Considering we were on a leisure vacation we had no plans of getting up early but the amount of sunlight in our room at 7am told us otherwise. A curtain would be a nice addition to the room to allow us to get some Zzzzz's!

But let me reiterate. GREAT LOCATION and DC is an amazing city that I cant wait to go back to

Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JessLo
Blue Ridge Mountains
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary in D.C. and stayed 2 nights at the Dupont Circle Hotel. Check-in was easy and they actually allowed us to check-in early without prior notice. This was a definite plus. The lady who checked us in was "Cole" I believe, and she was fantastic. We found that all the staff (waiters included) were wonderful as well and really seemed to care about our stay.

Our room was fairly small, but cozy, and the bathroom was huge (and spotless)! We loved the heated floors in the bathroom - what a treat! I had originially asked for a room on a higher floor, but only ended up on the 3rd floor and had no view to speak of, but hey - they let us check-in early. Internet service is free and we had no problem with it other than being a bit slow. I must say that our room had the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in at a hotel! The linens and the duvet were clean and crisp, and the pillows weren't flat and gross like most hotels give you.

The location of this hotel can't be beat. The Dupont Circle Metro is just around the corner, so you can get just about anywhere with little effort. Parking at the hotel is $32 a night, so we just parked our car at Union Station for the weekend and left it for $20 a night.

One of the huge pluses of this hotel is the fabulous restaurant/bar. Cafe Dupont was amazing and we actually ate our anniversary dinner there. The mussels were perfectly cooked and presented, and the truffled french fries were to die for! Cole had a special dessert delivered to our table which was a nice suprise and very thoughtful. I must say, the chef at this restaurant is Spot On!

The fitness center was very cool and dimly lit, so it felt "spa-like". Everything was clean and in working order which is rare to find in a hotel.

The one problem we had at the hotel had nothing to do with the hotel itself or the staff. Let's just say that next door to us was a very "loud" couple who appeared to enjoy sharing their "business" several times a day. I guess if the hotel walls had been thicker, we wouldn't have been bothered by them, but I must say - they were LOUD!!! I know we weren't the only ones to hear them either, and I guess someone should have complained, but it makes for a good story.

Dupont Circle overall is a fun, fast-paced place to visit, and having the Dupont Circle Hotel located in the heart of it all was just what we needed! We will return!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Leo35
port au prince, Haiti
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

This was my second stay at the Dupont Circle Hotel, the first was in august 2009. I was happy to go back because I was so pleased the first time around.
The Hotel is modern. It is true there are no real doors to the bathroom area. This was not an issue for my husband and I, however if you are shy it may be. In both rooms I have stayed in, the "throne" area was NOT visible from the bed. SO if you're using the commode, and your partner is sitting on the bed they will not see you... They will however hear you, but I've found that to be an issue with regular bathroom doors as well, not just glass ones. From a design point of view, the room is gorgeous, and the glass fits in with the retro mod look of the place. The shower has great pressure and is spacious enough for larger/taller people like my husband and I (6', 200lbs). The bed was also big and comfortable. I found the pillows too soft though. Also the only downer was that the Wifi was sporadic. It was super fast when it worked, otherwise half the time we could not get online. I did not complain about this, because we were out most of the time and this was no big deal to us... The staff was courteous and welcoming.
I have not been to many hotels i DC, but having found the Dupont circle hotel, I am not really interested in experimenting... I will just stay there when I visit. The restaurant downstairs is pricey (we had 2 courses each two cocktails each, and a glass of wine each, and the tab was $160), but we really had a fantastic meal (crab cake was amazing). The lounge area serves strong cocktails... again a bit pricey at 10-12 bucks a drink, but it's the scene, and a great atmosphere. Two convenient metro stops red line nearby, starbucks and bakery right outside if you don't want to splurge on their breakfast (we didn't even though we probably will next time...)
It is a fantastic place and we will be back.
4 stars is for the iffy wifi connection, and the way too soft pillow... AND because they didn't have Khiels bath products any more :-( (they had them two years ago when I first visited... now they switched to stuff that doesn't smell very good in my opnion, waayyy to herbal, but they are quality aromatherapy prodeucts so it's a matter of taste...)
Thank you Dupont Circle Hotel for a wonderful stay ina gorgeous city.

1 Thank haititoothfairy