“Modern and Convenient”
Review of The Dupont Circle

The Dupont Circle
Ranked #25 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Friends booked a room in this boutique hotel for a girls’ weekend in Washington, DC, and it turned out to be a great choice. We were in walking distance of tons of restaurants, both super casual (Shake Shack) and more refined (Bistro du Coin). We were also a quick cab ride from all the places on our weekend itinerary (MLK Memorial, U Street Corridor), and from our observation, the hotel bar and restaurant seemed to be a hotspot in its own right. The interior design is very modern, but pops of color warm up the lobby. The hotel room had nice touches, like wooden blinds, leather headboards, and a Sony docking station for my iPod. My only quibble was the bathroom. It had heated floors, but the frosted glass doors didn’t go all the way to the ceiling—kind of awkward with roommates. The door-less shower also meant the floor outside the shower always got wet. In this case, I think form got in the way of function.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Thank you for a great review! We are happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We apologize if the bathroom wasn't to your liking. They are very modern, so we understand that they may not suit everyone. We hope that you'll join us again soon at the Cafe Dupont! We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 15 March 2013

It was a true pleasure to stay in such a comfortable room without the over fussy and boring decor of so many hotels. I was in town for an evening family event and found the room so relaxing that I stayed in and had a delicious room service lunch - fresh mussels with a cream sauce. The walkin shower was a happy surprise for me as I have arthritic mobility issues. The heated bathroom floor was an extra plus. The staff were consistently courteous and helpful. The only reason for giving 4 stars was the noisy Saturday night bar exodus outside my window. When I mentioned the noise to the receptionist who checked me out, she told me how sorry she was and said I could have called & they would have changed my room for me. I would happily stay at the Dupont Circle Hotel any time I am in Washington, DC.

Room Tip: Sacrifice the view of Dupont Circle and request a room that is not over the bar.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for a great review! We are elated to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We sincerely appreciate the time you took to provide your comments and feedback. It sounds like you really got to enjoy some of our amenities. We hope that you'll join us again soon, and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Excellent hotel, very clean and extremely tidy rooms, staff more then happy to help you. You will enjoy all the time spent here, the hotel is placed very close to metro, has a great park ahead where you can spent time quietly, and it is few minutes of walikng from a lot of great reastaurants.

Room Tip: You will have nice time while being at this hotel
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

Thank you for a terrific review! We are happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you'll join us again soon, and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed 15 March 2013

I travel to DC frequently and typically stay around Dupont Circle as it is walking distance to everything and surrounded by great restaurants and cafes. On my previous visit my driver recommended the Dupont Circle hotel as being the hotel where he typically ends up dropping off many of his VIP guests so I thought it might be worth a look. Needless to say I was suitably impressed. The staff are incredibly helpful, the bar is great and the room service is some of the best quality food I have ever had in a hotel and the portion sizes are extremely generous. Location is perfect, rooms are comfortable and the rates are very good for what you get - I have paid a lot more for a lot less in other hotels. Would I stay here again - absolutely, wouldn't hesitate.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for an excellent review! We are beyond pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We sincerely appreciate the time you took to provide your comments and feedback. We hope that you'll join us again soon, and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed 14 March 2013

The hotel is fashionably contemporary, very clean, and has courteous staff. Would like to give it a higher rating, but while food in the restaurant is quite good, service takes way too long. I had to forfeit a waffle breakfast because it took more than 40 minutes to get it! Most of my conference attendees who stayed for the three days also complained about poor restaurant service. And, my lovely corner suite that fronted New Hampshire Avenue was extremely noisy - sirens, trash trucks at dawn, traffic all day. Given noise is typical for the city, sound-proofing of some sort beyond window shutters is greatly needed. Would I stay again? Yes, if I could get a room away from the streets. And I'd certainly eat at nearby restaurants, or have meals delivered as I did once when I was too exhausted to go out for dinner.

Room Tip: Ask for a quieter room, if possible -- one not facing the high-trafficked intersection at the front.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. We hope that you'll contact the Hotel Manager to further discuss these issues. It is our goal to provide quality guest service to each and every person who enters our doors. We will surely address these issues with our team. We hope that you'll join us again soon, and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed 14 March 2013

My fiance and I stayed here for Presidents Day weekend. It was our first trip to this hotel and also to DC. The hotel is in a really great location. Dupont Circle is lively, has plenty of hotels, bars, restaurants and shops. The hotel offers valet parking but is very close to the metro. Check in was a great experience, the staff really knows how to treat their guests and make them all feel like VIPs. We overheard a lot of interactions between staff and other guests and i think the reason we even noticed their conversations was because the level of courtesy and friendliness was just so out of the ordinary. The hotel is beautiful, sleek and modern with some very unique touches (the hallways are walpapered with this fuzzy, champagne colored velvet-esque wall paper which i must say, felt divine). It is one of those lobbys youd just want to hang out in. We booked a deluxe room, located on the seventh floor. The room was VERY spacious, extremely comfy beds and bedding, flat screen tv's, lots of windows and a huge bathroom. Some rooms have heated bathroom floors. Sadly, ours did not. This hotel has one restaurant, Cafe Dupont and also a great bar, Bar Dupont. This bar is not your typical hotel bar. It is a very cool, trendy, loungy bar that is even popular with the locals, not just tourists. The aesthetics are gorgeous, the lighting is perfect, if i had the time I wanted to come every night. Drinks are a bit pricy but not out of the ordinary from other DC nightspots, and they are very good. As for the restaurant, we loved it and if we werent so curious about trying others, we easily couldve had all our meals there. Breakfast was our favorite. The service is top notch, very attentive. All our meals were great, particularly their take on the classic eggs benedict. We had dinner once and it was also very good. The restaurant is very attractive, with tons of windows and in the mornings, so much light. Right near this hotel are all kinds of shops, cafes, book stores, bakeries, fast food, gourmet food, supermarket-you name it. theres a big starbucks across the street (however the hotel serves delicious complimentary coffee in the lobby til 10). When the weather is nice, you can pretty much walk from this hotel to anything major in DC, if you are the type that is ok with a lot of walking. If not, metro is right there. The hotel has a fitness center as well, which we did not use. One last tip: Nothing to do with the hotel, but definitely visit and explore the Georgetown neighborhood! Such an awesome town! Really happy with our trip, and we wouldnt hesitate to return to The Dupont Circle Hotel. Definitely would recommend to anybody visiting DC.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has the heated bathroom floors.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for a terrific review! We are happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. Our team is truly the hear and soul of our operation, and they will surely be recognized for leaving a lasting impression on you. We hope that you'll join us again soon, and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

Whoever designed this hotel must have never stayed in one himself. My room and bathroom were just awkward, there's no other word for it. A bed beside another bed, no room for anything else. The table between them was so small that my stuff fell off whenever I reached for something. The cupboard closet thing wasn't big enough for my two suitcases so I had to keep one on the bed. The bathroom, though large, had large glass sections, but an icky shower curtain instead of using glass to enclose it. Flooded both times I showered. My used facecloths sat in the shower for two days. When my room service tray was removed, they left the empty coffee pot. The room was really stuffy, even with the thermostat on freezing. I had two cheap plastic phones in this tiny room and couldn't hear out of either of them. Every day the front desk delivered the same message, of which whoever took it got wrong anyway. Everyone seemed vaguely confused in general. It took half an hour for the doorman to hail me a cab, even though I could see them at DuPont Circle. If I wasn't so weighed down I would have just walked over there and got one myself. I'm a huge fan of boutique hotels like Ace and Kimptons. This one had me missing the Marriott.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank annmariehood

Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. We would like to learn more about your story, and hope that you'll contact the Hotel Manager to further discuss it. We hope that you'll give us another chance, and we look forward to your return!