“Nice staff and location”
Review of The Dupont Circle

The Dupont Circle
Ranked #29 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
San Salvador, San Salvador, El Salvador
“Nice staff and location”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Got to the hotel late in the evening and we couldn´t get our normal upgrade (Expedia Elite) which was kind of a drag. The staff was nice and courteous and we got our room pretty quick. The rooms are kind of small and cramped but with very good taste in decor. I specially liked the heated slate flooring in the bathroom...great touch. Since we arrived past 10:30 pm we thought we could order room service but to our disappointment room service only runs until 10:30 pm.
Cleanliness was ok and food was fine too but nothing to write home about.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize if we were unable to live up to your expectations. We would love the opportunity to hear more about your experience, so we can improve next time. Please contact the Hotel Manager so we can discuss possible solutions! We hope that you'll join us again soon, and we look forward to your return!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (665)
  • Hebrew first
Guangzhou, China
Reviewed 20 March 2013

The room is in a decent size, very well appointed. The bathroom is chic, spic and span. Furniture items are all designed with intent to honor the spirit of minimalism, to a brilliant effect.

Featuring a colonial style, window frames in white timber are just a treat for the eyes.

Staff are pleasantly warm-hearted and smiley. Concierge specialists are informative and eager to recommend where to go in this might-be-one-of-the-America’s-only-few-pretty-cities-in-reality city of Washington D.C.

The gym is small but very nice, sufficiently equipped for purposes of cardio and weights.

The location is just good enough. A lot of dining and sightseeing options are around.

In short, this hotel is a classical example of American chic-ness.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate the time you took to provide your comments and feedback. We hope that you'll join us again soon, so we have the opportunity to earn a full 5-stars next time. We look forward to your return!
Hamilton, VA
Reviewed 18 March 2013

On January 14th we booked this hotel for a stay on January 22nd for one night. A day later I cancelled the reservation because we found a much better deal. I had and still have confirmation numbers for both the reservation and cancellation.
A few weeks ago I was checking our credit card bill and saw we had been billed for one nights stay. I called the hotel and asked what was going on. The person answering the phone couldn't help me and more importantly did not seem very concerned. He even asked me if I had booked the hotel through TravelZoo (I had) and if so why I had cancelled my reservation. He transferred me to someone else where I ended up on voice mail. I left a message. My call was never returned.
After waiting a week, I called the hotel back and explained what was going on. This person helped me, but again they seemed apathetic. They finally reversed the charges and explained that due to a computer error their system had booked two rooms for me (though I only ever got confirmation for one room) and only one was cancelled.
By this time I was upset about I had been treated. I don't always check my credit card bills carefully and could have missed this charge completely. I then had two spend well over an hour of my time straightening out their error. No one at the hotel seemed to care and I never received an apology.
I e-mailed management about this situation. I am still waiting to hear back.
I realize that since I never actually stayed at the hotel that this review is incomplete.
HOWEVER, I think my experience with this hotel is indicative of their attitude towards their customers. I will never have dealing with this hotel chain in the future, and I feel that if I was a potential customer and someone else had experience what I did, I would want to know about it.

Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rewrite
VA
Reviewed 18 March 2013

After a screw up at another well known hotel down Conn. Ave., I was rebooked at The Dupont Circle Hotel. The rooms have some very nice features for those who appreciate higher end touches. Nice lobby, excellent 'come and go' valet, exceptional customer service from the folks at the front desk, free tea in the lobby. Plusses for me. Lights on the headboard good for reading and not keeping your roommie awake; heated floor tiles in the bathroom great on cold days. Do not disturb is a button by the door, no having to open the door and place a worn and dirty tag on the handle. The only downside to my room was the beverage fridge was not cold and the door did not have ample stripping/sealing on it, so we could hear everything in the hall. I did advise the front desk who assured me they would repair (I didn't want the interruption for the 2 days we were there). The bar, Bar Dupont was great for people watching and dessert. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you plan ahead, request a city view.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Thank you for a terrific review! We are happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We do apologize for any inconveniences you encountered regarding you mini fridge. We hope that you'll join us again soon upon your next visit to Dupont Circle. We look forward to your return!
Johannesburg South Adrica
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I booked the Du Ponte Circle Hotel from the reviews from TripAdvisor as I liked the location and the boutique hotel. We arrived in Washington at 8:00 am after a 19 hour flight so I had emailed the hotel before we left to request an early check in which they said they would see if they could arrange. We arrived at the hotel really not expecting the room to be ready and were advised your room is ready! I was so grateful to be able to check in early take a shower and make the most of the day. I can not fault the hotel at all and I am a fussy person. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Corner room at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Thank you for an amazing review! We are elated to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We love to hear that we could make you so comfortable during your stay. We hope that you'll join us again soon, and we look forward to your return to the Dupont Circle Hotel!
rehoboth beach.de
Reviewed 18 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed for the week end at this beautiful hotel.the minute you walk in the door you get the feeling of elegance.
It is a modern decor and the rooms are great.we had one over looking DuPont Circle.
Room was adequate size and loved glass in the bathroom.
Convenient location and Starbucks across the street and Metro a block.
Breakfast was in very good and reasonable.
Many near by restaurants great staff.
Will stay again on next visit.

• Stayed March 2013
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Thank you for an outstanding review! We are elated to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We sincerely appreciate your comments and feedback. We hope that you'll join us again soon, and we look forward to you return!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I have an 18 year old daughter who has autism and booked five days for the two of us and her longtime aide to visit. D.C. last week. At the last minute, I had to stay back so I called the hotel to let them know about the change and they immediately "stepped up " and took care of them from the moment they walked through the door. The person I spoke to on the phone had the manager call me when they arrived and made sure they had gorgeous adjoining rooms. There were several concierges and all were incredibly helpful and patient with recommendations for sightseeing and transportation. I was very nervous to send them without me but want to thank the management and staff for an excellent stay and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TamSuzeSF
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Thank you for a fantastic review! We are happy to hear that we could be of service to your daughter and her aide during their stay. We sincerely appreciate the time you took to provide your comments and feedback. We hope that you'll join us again soon, and we look forward to your return!