“Service”
Review of The Dupont Circle

The Dupont Circle
Ranked #25 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 15 June 2013

This hotel is in a great location. I love the sleek bathrooms. The shower makes me feel like I'm in an outdoor shower. The bar is loud but hip and fun. Good energy. But I'm really writing this review about the front desk receptionist, Telethia James who is outstanding!!! Upon check-in my room was satisfactory however I was looking for a room facing the street for more light. I simply mentioned this to Telethia on my way out. Upon my return hours later, Telethia recognized me, called me by name and upgraded me to a big, bright room. Luggage had already been moved. I was so impressed with her attention to detail and her efforts to satisfy the customer, I asked to speak with her boss, John Paul Wood. Needless to say Mr Wood was not surprised by my report. He knew he had a valuable employee. This experience will confirm my return. Thanks Telethia and Dupont Circle Hotel

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Thanks so much for visiting the Dupont and for taking the time to share such glowing words with us. We take great pride in our knowledgable and courteous team, and Telethia is a prime example of how our Hotel sets a high mark for the Washington area. I will surely pass your praises along, and we hope that you'll reach out to us again the next time you return to the area. Many thanks for your review, and we look forward to seeing more of you soon!

Reviewed 13 June 2013

What an amazing place! The staff went out of their way to make our experience the best. The location could not have been any better. Easy to walk, catch the Metro, buses. A beautiful, safe walk to many local restaurants, music & shopping. The Concierge was the incredible Michael High. Our family fell in love with him ! We wished he could have joined us in our daily travels. He was so knowledgeable about the city & was so helpful And friendly !Niamh & Telethia took care of our guest needs in the hotel. D'Andre was quick with a smile and an umbrella for us. Omar and Fredricho took great care of us in the bar. The restaurant staff was equally as friendly & it felt like we were at home. And the food? Delicious!! It was a very clean place. Beautifully decorated with orchids in the lobby area. The beds were comfortable, with great pillows.And the over-sized bath towels were pure luxury. If I could give higher ratings, I would! I have never had such an amazing stay, with such genuinely nice people. The staff obviously loves their jobs & customer service is number one! Thank you for the dents in my forehead from hitting me with the red carpet !! Anywhere else I ever go, will be compared to the Dupont Circle in Washington DC. Thank you!

Room Tip: I honestly don't know how you could go wrong at with any of the rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Heidi I
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Dear Heidi I,

Thank you for an excellent review! We are elated to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. Michael, Niamh, Telethia, D'Andre, Omar & Fredricho will all be recognized for their efforts in creating a lasting impression on you!

Our team is the heart and soul of the Dupont Circle Hotel, and we thank you for recognizing them. Our future guests will have something to look forward to!

We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again, and we hope that you'll join us again at the Dupont Circle Hotel!

Reviewed 12 June 2013

I attended a conference at a different hotel, and I stayed at this hotel for one night. I sincerely wish that it would have been convenient (conference-wise) to stay at the Dupont Circle hotel for the entire conference!

I booked a deluxe room, which was extremely comfortable and well-appointed. Based on prior reviews I requested a higher floor, and I never heard a peep from the bar area downstairs. My room had a very nice view over Dupont Circle, and I thought that the bathroom/sink area was wonderfully integrated into the room without taking extra space, but while maintaining privacy. And of course the heated floors in the bath area were fantastic.

The desk service from check-in to check-out was impeccable and smooth. The one area that was less smooth was the door/valet. I did find it a little odd that I opened the front door for myself (with rolling bag) both coming and going, but that certainly wasn't a big deal. On leaving I also was initially directed to wait for a cab because there was a family who had requested a cab before me, although the family was still in the lobby chatting and the cab was waiting with a queue of other cabs on the street. Fortunately this situation was resolved relatively quickly.

Overall a great stay, and I will stay again when I'm in DC.

Room Tip: Request an upper floor for quiet. I think I was on the 6th, and although there probably was street n...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RedSox45

Dear RedSox45,

Thank you for a great review! We are pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We sincerely appreciate your comments and feedback.

We apologize for any inconveniences you encountered in the lobby, and we will certainly address them with our team. We can assure you this is not the norm!

We hope that you'll give us another chance, and we look forward to your return to Dupont Circle!

Reviewed 12 June 2013

This June (2013) I stayed at the Dupont Circle Hotel for the third summer in a row. The location is ideal, close to Metro, Taxis and walking distance to restaurants, shopping and gay area (17th Street).

I always get the Grand Deluxe Room to have a full view of Dupont Circle. The rooms are modernly furnished, clean and well maintained. They have two restaurants (Bar Dupont & Café Dupont), which are both young, trendy and stylish. The Bar Dupont has great views of the circle and lighter fare (sandwiches, cheese platters etc). Café Dupont is more upscale dinner fare and is also delicious. Both restaurants have great cocktails.

The staff is wonderful and attentive. They all knew that I was a repeat customer and treated me very well and were always there to attend to whatever we needed. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in DC, and as I love the city, I expect to be there again soon!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kyle P

Dear Kyle P,

Thank you for a wonderful review! We are pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty as well!

We love to hear that you enjoy the Bar Dupont & Cafe Dupont so much. They are both a unique experience that you won't find in every hotel.

We look forward to your next visit to Dupont Circle, and the opportunity to serve you again. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 12 June 2013

I stayed at the Dupont during a one week company sponsored finance conference and everything was outstanding. The staff is exceptional in service and very pleasant to converse with. The conference service manager we worked with was tremendous, very patient, very responsive, and very accomodating even with eleventh hour attendee list revisions. The quality of service has extended beyond our stay as the responsivness continues to our post-stay follow up items and questions.

The hotel itself is very hip, chic, stylish, aesthetically appealing. It's fairly obvious the hotel is a popular place in DC. The bars were filled with an attractive and sophisticated crowd. The rooms we stayed in were very nice, clean, comfy, and cozy. Wake up calls always occurred as requested. Meals were delicious. And once again, the service was outstanding. I cannot say enough about the quality of the service we received, particulary from staff such as Ubaldo Rodriguez and the Conference Service Manager, Sara Mordente.

The ballroom and conference rooms were more than sufficient for our group which approached 100 people in total with many attendees being multinational, and I believe the hotel (and the city) provided them with a great impression upon their visit.

I'd highly recommend the Dupont Circle for a stay, whether it be personal or business related. The hotel, while sleek and stylish, is more than functional enough to host a conference as it has proven in our case. So don't let the good looks fool you! This hotel is built for show, but also built to go. Next time I'm in DC (which I've found to be a terrific city), I'll be at the Dupont Circle Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Sam M,

Thank you for a terrific review! We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We sincerely appreciate your comments and the time you took to provide them.

Sara will certainly be recognized for her efforts in assisting you along with Ubaldo and the rest of the team. We love to know that your event went off without a hitch!

We hope that you'll continue to choose us for future visits to DC, whether it be for business or pleasure. We look forward to your return, and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 12 June 2013

We picked The Dupont Circle Hotel mainly for it's location, which is excellent for exploring Washington DC. The Metro is close and there are loads of bars and places to eat within a short walk so you don't have to travel far for food after a long day exploring all that DC has to offer.
Our room was clean and comfortable and the bed was HUGE! We were on the 2nd floor, on the side of with the bar below. We thought that maybe the noise would keep us awake but, that wasn't a problem at all. Others have mentioned the light coming in the room in the morning due to the blinds in the room. The hotel provide eye masks if this is an issue for you, my partner used his but I didn't feel the need to use mine.
All of the staff were professional, friendly and very helpful without being 'in your face'.
Overall our the hotel added to our whole experience of Washington DC and I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suequeue

Dear Suequeue,

Thank you for a outstanding review! We are pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay.

It sounds like you truly took advantage of our location and all that DC has to offer. It is truly a wonderful city!

We look forward to your return, and sincerely appreciate any recommendations you may give to others. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 11 June 2013

I stood at the Dupont Circle hotel this past weekend and I have to say the staff and the accommodations far exceeded my expectations, which was surprising because I already had high expectations for the hotel based on all the reviews I had read. Even though I had reserved the most basic and inexpensive room the room was newly renovated, very modern, clean and very comfortable.

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful starting with the folks at the front desk to the door man always holding the door for me when I entered and exited the hotel. The bar is very nice and the drinks were really good, however a little pricey but I kinda expected that. If you do decide to stay here definitely have dinner in their restaurant. I had the rib eye and it was one of the best I've had. It was a nice cut and cooked perfectly. They even customized a Greek side salad with anchovies for me on request and it wasn't on the menu. The service was very good and price was even what I though a little under priced at $27 for a good steak.

The hotel staff made me feel very welcome and as though my business was truly appreciated. The only small critiques that I have are the room was kinda on the small side and there was no microwave, coffee maker or refrigerator in the room. This hotel is pretty upscale and I thought that for the money those things would be standard as I have stayed at much lower star hotels that had those amenities. After consulting with the front desk I was advised that those items are available through request basis. I just wish that they had made that more clear upon my booking a room but it wasn't really that big of a deal. Besides, for the price and location I would have rather stayed there then somewhere further away that had those amenities. I will definetly stay there again, but I think next time I will get one of their studio suits with a private patio.

In closing I will say if you are visiting dc give this hotel a shot you will not be disappointed ! Dupont Circle is one of the best neighborhoods in dc with geat bars and restaurants that are all within walking distance from the hotel. Coming from someone who used to live in the neighborhood this hotel is in the best location. it's right on the circle.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Vin R R

Dear Vin R R,

Thank you for a fantastic review! We are elated to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We sincerely appreciate the time you took to provide your comments and feedback.

Our team is certainly spectacular, and we are pleased to hear that they made you feel right at home. Bar Dupont is such a unique experience, and we are happy to hear how much you liked it.

We hope that you'll join us again upon your next visit to DC, and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again!