“Very nice hotel in a good area”
Review of The Dupont Circle

The Dupont Circle
Ranked #25 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 1 July 2013

The DuPont Circle Hotel is a very nice hotel in a good area of D.C. In addition to the hotel's restaurant and bar, you'll find good restaurants and pubs very nearby. During our stay it was hot and steamy and some major rainfall, but the hotel staff was quick to hand out complimentary cold water and had umbrellas for our temporary use. There is also complimentary coffee and tea in the lobby. The only funky thing is the somewhat lack of complete bathroom privacy.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank cruiserCarl
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Thanks for being our guest and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our centrality was able to lend itself to your visit. We take great pride in our guests, and it's our mission to go above and beyond, in all capacities, to ensure your stay is a memorable one. We hope to hear from you again the next time you visit the area; we'd love to share even more of our region and hospitality with you!

Reviewed 30 June 2013

My best friend and I came in for a surprise visit to a friend living in DC. The hotel staff was wonderful in arranging a flawless surprise, and they were super friendly as well. They even let us check in way early and check out late! The room was very sleek and nice and room service was very accommodating to our off-the-menu requests. The location was great - lots of fun bars and restaurants nearby. The hotel bar was quite fun as well. Definitely recommend for people looking for a fun, stylish and centrally located hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Thanks for being our guest and for taking the opportunity to share such glowing words with us, Lauren. It's an extreme pleasure when we're able to lend our services and expertise to such occasions, and we're so glad to hear that your event was flawlessly coordinated. I'll certainly pass your praises along to the team, and we look forward to the chance of hosting you again!

Reviewed 29 June 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for three nights June 22-25 to see The Rolling Stones at Verizon Center.

1. The hotel is beautiful. The most recent remodel really makes this place stand out. My daughter and I were delayed in arriving due to weather in Detroit were we were to make our connection. We got to the Hotel at DuPont Circle after midnight. We were hungry and did not want to venture out at this point. Since it was Saturday night the lounge was still pretty full. We got a table and our waiter got our food order in asap and we enjoyed the " end of a long travel day meal".

2. Our room was very comfortable, especially the bed and the linens. I give the bedding a 10 of 10. The room was a bit small but since the original structural likely was built in the 20's that's to be expected. The room was laid out very well. It had a large tiled stand-up shower (no tub) which I like. I believe every hotel should ditch the tub and upsize the shower. The only negative on the room was the orientation of the flat screen. It is attached directly to the wall and does not swivel. But not a big deal as we weren't in the room all that much.

3. The main reason I chose this property over others in the area was proximity to The Metro. The two DuPont circle stations are a few minutes walk. Making rental car and cab unnecessary.

4. The clientele seem very international owing to the fact that Embassy Row is just out the door. We heard many different languages spoken. If you go here please spend some time at the beautiful bar and take in some people watching.

5. I will definitely return to DuPont Circle Hotel next time! Oh, and the Stones were awesome!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from The Circle for less city noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2013

Thanks so much for choosing The Dupont and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed our facilities and amenities, and I'll certainly pass your praises along to our team. It's a true pleasure to have been a part of your Rolling Stones experience, and we look forward to your return and to fostering future memories together!

Reviewed 24 June 2013

A nice hotel but quiet expensive, the rooms are quite small but comfortable and well equipped. Breakfast can be eaten out on the terrace or in the restaurant, nice at this time of the year. Very central location, near all of the sites.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank culruaIreland
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Thanks so much for being a guest of The Dupont and for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're hugely proud of our world-class hotel, and we're so glad to hear that its centrality and amenities were able to lend themselves to an exceptional stay. We'd love to host you again, and we hope that you'll reach out the next time you return to the area!

Reviewed 24 June 2013

I stayed overnight at the Dupont Circle Hotel and overall impression was very good. Everything in this hotel is extremely cosy and comfortable. The rooms are very clean and well-equipped. Location is excellent. They have a very nice bar and terrace, where you can spend your evening.
The lady on the reception was a bit not friendly and it really surprised me, considering the quality of the hotel.
Otherwise, I liked the hotel a lot and will definitely stay there again when I'm back to DC.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Thanks so much for visiting and for taking the opportunity to share your experience with us. While I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and its centrality to the region, I'm disheartened to hear of your lukewarm reception at the front desk. I will certainly pass this along to the appropriate team members, as customer service is our utmost priority at The Dupont. Many thanks again for your time and stay, and we look forward to seeing more of you soon!

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Nice hotel rooms are very comfortable, quiet, with a good bed, staff helpful only cristism is that there restaurant is very popular for brunch Saturday's and Sunday's and it appears first in. We were told it was at least 1/2 wait for a table we didn't wait and went somewhere else, I would have thought guests of he hotel would jump to the head of the queue over walk ins from the street. Maybe the hotel might wish to honk about that.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the inside court yard very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank peterwellington
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Thanks for being our guest and for taking the opportunity to share your experience with us. Our café is an extremely popular venue during the weekends, with locals and visitors alike, and I appreciate you drawing attention to current procedures. We will certainly take your feedback into consideration, and we will reexamine operations to see how we might be able to better serve our valued guests. Many thanks again, and we hope to see more of you soon!

Reviewed 23 June 2013

I stayed here with my husband for a long weekend in June. We were given a clean and comfortable room on the 7th floor. The room was well-equipped with big towels, nice toiletries and a hairdryer. There was no bath but a nice spacious shower. The minibar was well-stocked too. The hotel is very business-like and doesn't have a unique feel to it (not necessarily a criticism).

The hotel is situated just around the corner from a 'yellow stop' on the bus tour, which is very handy.

We used the bar and it seemed popular with residents and locals and had a good atmosphere. Breakfast was a la carte and wasn't included but was good.

My only criticism is that we ordered room service one night and I asked for a club sandwich but to have the chorizo replaced with bacon. I had to repeat this request several times over the phone and read out the exact description of the dish on the menu to make myself understood. When the sandwich arrived, it came with both the chorizo AND bacon. Not the end of the world but a bit irritating and gave the impression that the staff weren't fully aware of the menu.

All in all, I would stay here again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jenny B

Thanks for visiting and for taking the opportunity to share your stay with us, Jenny. While I'm thrilled to hear that your room and overall experience exceeded the mark, I'm hugely apologetic that your in-room service fell short of the expectation. We pride ourselves on attentive accuracy, and it's disheartening to hear that your experience was less than our general norm. I will surely relay your concerns along to the appropriate team members, and I hope that you'll consider this an exception to our general and unparalleled attentiveness. Thanks again for your stay and feedback, and we hope that you'll reach out to us again, and that you'll continue to enjoy the infinite offerings that The Dupont has to offer.