“Excellent customer service”

Ranked #35 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Kingston, Jamaica
“Excellent customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

Now this is customer service! On Sun the maid who cleaned my hotel accidentally threw away my make up. I realized it was an honest mistake b/c it looks like their bath gel but smaller. I was annoyed but didn't elevate it. The next day their concierge officer Dayonna asked how my stay was going. I told her great except the make up thing. She was very apologetic! She asked about the brand, colour, type, etc but I knew it would be impossible to get because its rarely in stores. The next day she sends me a beautiful card with handwritten sorry note & a complimentary breakfast certificate - I felt better. The following day she sends me complimentary mini chocolates. By this time I'm so touched I've completely gotten over the make up mishap. On my last night I got to room & was greeted by a gift bag - with not one but TWO new make up tubes. I'm now completely floored. I went to the lobby, gave her a big hug & thanked her for being so wonderful. I still can't believe how they went above & beyond! Dayonna you are just amazing :-)

The best part is that its not just the service - the hotel itself is fantastic! Its centrally located and well appointed. The rooms are modern & chic - with heated bathroom floors which is a huge plus in the winter. The hotel staff are super warm, helpful, polite. The restaurant & cafe are so good you'll want to eat in everyday you're there. If you're ever in DC & want a great hotel I unreservedly recommend the Dupont Circle Hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on floors 5-8 have a great view!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Jam876
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We thank you for sharing your experience with us and leaving such kind words. We do like to go out of our way for our guests every chance we get. We hope the rest of your DC stay was just as fantastic and we hope to see you again on future travels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (647)
  • Hebrew first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

We arrived from Union Station and were warmly greeted as we stepped out of the cab. From this moment on we were made to feel at home. Everyone from the door staff, front desk, cleaners etc always greeted us on passing and where applicable some even stopped for a chat.

We stayed on Level 9 - wow - we were made to feel at home. Our room was very spacious, with a four poster bed, lounge area with chair, sofa and all mods cons. The bathroom had a separate shower and a deep spa tub, even with TV, and for added ambience a candle and matches were supplied.

A special shout must be made to Cole for her superlative customer service along with tips on what to do, where to eat and what to see. It is so nice to stay at a hotel where the staff are sincerely trying to please their guests.

The hotel is well located at Dupont Circle, only moments from the subway station and easy walking to numerous restaurants. We even walked down to the White House, 25 mins - most of which was spent waiting to cross roads!

We loved Washington DC and on our next visit will stay at the Dupont.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SilverGinger
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
We thank you kindly for your review. We are happy you were able to experience our Level Nine accommodations and the hospitality our staff provides. We definitely do our best to go above and beyond for our guests to make every visit a fantastic one. We hope to have you as a guest again should your travels bring you back to DC.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

pI'm a frequent traveler to DC and have stayed at this property a number of times over the years. This stay provided a remarkable example of exceptional customer service. As I approached the front desk to check in, Dayonna recognized me and greeted me heartily and BY NAME. I hadn't stayed at the hotel for just over ten months, and I remembered that Dayonna had somehow remembered my name that time as well. Getting back to my room late the second night of my stay, I was surprised to find a handwritten note and a "welcome back" note. Fantastic! The hotel is situated directly on the Circle and is steps from the Metro. The rooms are comfortable and modern, and the restaurant is great. Can't go wrong with this great property!

Room Tip: Internally facing rooms are very quiet; external rooms have nice views of busy Dupont Circle.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LonghornFan78733
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Thank you for being a loyal guest of our hotel. We do like to make extra efforts to make sure each of our guests are warmly welcomed and made to feel comfortable and well taken care of. We truly appreciate your recognition of it, but more importantly, we are happy that it provides such a great experience for you. We look forward to the next time we get to welcome you back.
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

I have previously lived near Washington DC and Dupont Circle was one of my favourite areas of the city. When we went to visit some friends in Virginia, my husband and I decided to hit our old haunts in the District and decided to stay at the Dupont Circle Hotel for the location. The room was very stylishly appointed, with an iPod player on the night-table and a half-open bathroom that had a heated floor (the toilet and shower were separated from the rest of the room by frosted glass walls). The king bed was very comfortable, not too soft as in many hotels. The front desk was very friendly and helpful, and the valet service was very expedient in parking and retrieving our car. The hotel showed their professionalism and outstanding level of service by sending back my cell phone which I had stupidly left in the room! I called them when I got home, and they arranged to send the phone back by next day FedEx. Very impressive! This hotel is in a great location and I will definitely stay here again during my next trip to DC.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Relaxed59
We are happy you had a chance return to one of your favorite DC areas and stay with us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our modern and comfortable accommodations. Our staff is always happy to make our guests feel well taken care of (sometimes that's even after they have checked out, as was your case!) Thank you for your kind review; we look forward to your next visit.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

Great place to stay - not too expensive even after paying valet parking fee. Will stay again next time visiting DC. I found it odd the shower had no door, but the guest isn't exactly responsible for clean up. My girlfriend told me it was a fashion statement of sorts; I'm not exactly in the loop when it comes to the latest trends. Staff was extremely helpful and accommodating!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Wes, we are pleased to hear you had a nice stay while with us and that our staff could accommodate you accordingly. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your review, and we look forward to your next stay with us when you return to DC.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

I always stay here when I travel for work. The rooms are nice and trendy. Its centrally located and the room service is always great. The showers dont have doors which I always wonder why since the water goes all over the bathroom but that is not a big deal! The staff is always super nice and accomodating! There is a cool bar downstairs too.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
We thank you for being a loyal guest of our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your kind review. We are happy to accommodate you whenever you are in town and look forward to your next stay.
Center Ossipee, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Three night escape over Veteran's Day. We were checked in my Siobhan (sorry if I spelled her name wrong) from Ireland. When she looked for our reservation she could not immediately locate it. A few minutes later we were checked in with an upgrade. The service from all was friendly and efficient during our stay.
The room was small but with a very comfortable bed. WiFi was very slow. I agree with others who didn't appreciate the lack of privacy in the bathroom. All hotels now seem to put in the large flat sinks with about 2" from bottom to rim. Why? I find them sloppy! Somehow though I really loved the room and the location of it. We could sit and view the planes flying in and out of the city and watched the moon rise one evening.
This room would not be great for a family. Perfect for one or two.
The rate was very fair and the location can't be beat. We will be back sometime.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Lo, we are happy you enjoyed your three-day stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your review. Guest feedback is always helpful for us to create the best possible experience. We hope you enjoyed your time in DC and we look forward to having you as a guest again in the future.