“Everything great.............except "superior" room”
Review of The Dupont Circle

The Dupont Circle
Ranked #22 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Customer service, bar staff and prices, scenery, location, and food are all great.................But the room is so small, no refrigerator, shower has no door and water gets all over the floor. microwave is $25 for the stay, pay to park at hotel is way overpriced in my opinion. Just wow not what I expect from an upscale hotel in the heart of DC. If you plan on staying for a long period of time or with a family I wouldn't recommend staying here. In my opinion this is a business meeting or short stay couple style hotel. If you do visit this hotel, I would recommend using the metro to get around its very cheap, easy to understand and saves you tons of $$$.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Rob, we appreciate you being a guest of our hotel and thank you for leaving your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you had an overall guest experience with us and enjoyed the area, especially our close proximity to the metro. We value your comments and appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We hope to see you on another trip to DC.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,393)

Reviewed 12 February 2014

the hotel is charming and the staff was attentive; the location was excellent for the meetings I had. I knew this hotel in the past,and it has been rebuilt after a fire far exceeding what it had previously been.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Thank you, Annie for your kind review. We are pleased to have had you join us again in DC and we are glad you had a wonderful stay with us. We look forward to your next visit. Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I have been staying here for about a year now on business trips from Chicago. Hotel is very "W" -ish but with authenticity that is appreciated. Rooms feature higher than class finishes and bed is very comfortable. Bar is very welcoming afterhours with a mix of locals and hotel guest. Food is excellent.

• Stayed: February 2014
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your kind review. We are pleased that you choose to stay with us when you are in the city for business. We are glad you enjoy our amenities and that we can provide such pleasant stays for you. Whether it is for business or pleasure, we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

This hotel has a very modern and swanky vibe to it. I would recommend it based off of that alone... Bet the service here was above and beyond what I could have ever asked for.

Ohm at Bar DuPont in particular was who made my trip the best. I arrived to the bar a bit late and to be honest, was rude being on my phone... But she was super attentive and kind...even at the end if what was probably a long, boring shift on a Monday. You know how sometimes the little things make a difference? She paid attention to the nuts I was eating on the side of my meal and because she was upset that I didn't have much time there, she gave me a to-go cup of them...

That was not only surprising, it was awesome. Service like that will keep me coming back to a hotel and a bar again and again. I don't know if there is a rewards system or not for the servers, but if there is Ogy deserves something for her above and beyond service that will turn me into a repeat customer,

Great hotel.... Awesome service.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a decent view of the area.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review. We truly value your kind feedback and will definitely make sure to share it with everyone on our team. It is our pleasure to provide a guest experience that makes everyone feel welcome and wanting to come back. We are happy you felt that way about your most recent visit. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

We stayed a couple of nights at the dupont circle hotel last year end of november. got a fantastic room on level nine, where very happy with the cool amenities and the friendly staff. we stayed at several DC Hotels before and this was by far the best experience. Efficient, very quick check in at the front desk, nice room with wicked pickled vegetables in a can as amenities, bathtop with view, cocktails even i haven't heard of at the bar, and spot on food from the kitchen.
On our next visit to DC, we'll definitely choose the Dupond again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for your kind review. We are happy you were able to experience our Level Nine luxuries on your most recent visit and we appreciate you being a return guest of ours. We hope you enjoyed your time in the city and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

I was really impressed by the staff - many of whom seemed to be Irish - and who were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The hotel is wonderfully positioned. On one day I walked from the hotel to the White House, Lincoln Memorial, and Capitol - and on another day walked down to Georgetown. The rooms are really comfortable and quiet - though I would have preferred a bath-tub to just a shower. Free wi-fi works well. Bar good and friendly (with plenty of nuts too!)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Hello David - thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We are happy you were able to take advantage of our great location to explore the city. We appreciate you taking a moment to share your experience and we hope you return as a guest of ours again.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I cannot report on this hotel because I failed to get a booking but not for want of trying. I called to book several rooms at this hotel, received a price quote but was told to call back the following day. I did so and could but complete the arrangements because the travel manager was not available. I continued to call without success. Six days after my initial contact, I received a pleasant call from the reservations office. Alas, the price had increased 33 percent. The reservations office declined to honor the price quote. My offer to split the difference was also politely rejected. I guess there is no honor in such matters these days.

3  Thank oyezman