“Infinite Stars, amazing, beautiful, incredible customer service, ask for Siobhan”
Review of The Dupont Circle

The Dupont Circle
Ranked #34 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 22 March 2014

So, let me start this review out by saying that if I could give this hotel infinite stars I would. It was my son`s 18th birthday, so we booked the hotel, however, we booked online so only a standard room and a deluxe room were available at the time. We checked in around 8 pm after a birthday dinner. The hotel was impeccable, location was prime. We were the only guests waiting in line, while the Front Desk associate was helping another guest, someone else saw we were waiting and immediately came to assist us.A wonderful associate by the name of Siobhan helped us with check in. When we checked in, we asked to be upgraded to a suite, however, the hotel was booked and none was available. We were satisfied with our deluxe room, but then Siobhan checked again, and she was like O you are going to be very happy, that was an understatement, she upgraded us to a penthouse suite at no extra charge. My son was ecstatic and so were we!!!! Service from the doorman, to every hotel personnel was flawless. Siobhan went above and beyond and exceeded our expectations. The hotel was gorgeous, service was exemplary, and Siobhan, well, she took my breath away!!!! I am so incredibly grateful to her for her customer service excellence. This is such a milestone birthday and we will always remember what Siobhan did, my son was beyond happy!!!! Thank you so very much again to all at The Dupont Circle Hotel for making our stay so memorable. Here on out, this is the only hotel I`m booking in the DC area!!! Repeat, satisfied customers for LIFE!!!! Keep up the wonderful work!!!! Am considering booking the Penthouse Space for son`s upcoming graduation party!!!!With much gratitude, Ramola

Room Tip: The Penthouse level has their own lobby. Rooms are impeccably clean, stylish, large, beautiful and c...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank dominionanddune
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear Ramola, thank you kindly for your thoughtful review. We are so happy we could provide such a fun, memorable experience for you and your family. What a great way to celebrate your son's birthday! We appreciate your compliments to our staff as it is our goal to not just meet but exceed all of our guests' expectations. We care about your experience at our hotel and we truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us this review, so we know we did our job right. A graduation party sounds like a great plan. Please contact us directly with anything we can do to make that event extra special. We thank you for being a guest and look forward to your future visits to our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (655)
  • Hebrew first
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Whenever I visit Washington DC i look at a lot of different hotels and sometimes choose others, but the Dupont is a great hotel, in a great location with lots of interesting restaurants nearby.
Then add the nearby access to the Metro and reasonable cab prices to places to see.
The prices seem to be reasonable on weekends, but can be pricy during week days.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Thank you, Ron for being a return guest to our hotel. We appreciate you choosing us when you visit DC. We look forward to your next visit and invite you to dine with us as well, if you haven't had the opportunity to do so already.
Carlow, Ireland
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed here on a 3 day stop en route to new york. Check in was flawless and the reception provided us with a list of nearby eateries plus maps. Complimentary tea and coffee was served in the foyer from 7- 930. We stayed in room 205 and it was lovely. This room is at the front and has shutters over the windows. Some light still peeps through but they kindly provide sleep masks which really help if you are a light sleeper. The rooms were cleaned impeccably.Would recommend and would return.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thank you kindly for your recommendation of our hotel. We are happy to read that you enjoyed some of the many amenities have to offer and that your stay was a pleasant one. We thank you for being a guest of our hotel and hope your travels bring you back for a stay with us in the future.
Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 6 nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. The location is excellent; close to the metro and there are plenty of great restaurants nearby.

The staff are incredibly helpful and efficient and the restaurant has great food (if a tad expensive).

The room was kept spotless and was properly cleaned each day.

The only thing I didn't like about the hotel was that there are wooden shutters rather than blinds. Unfortunately, these shutters let in quite a bit if light, even when fully shut, which I found made it slightly difficult to get to sleep. Also, as other reviews have mentioned, there is quite a bit of noise at night and first thing in the morning. But for such a central location, the noise could be much worse ( and I was staying over the St Patrick's Day weekend.

I would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Hilary870
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Hilary, thank you for your fantastic review. We are pleased that you enjoyed the duration of your stay and we are thrilled that you would recommend our hotel to others. We are sorry to hear that shutters caused your sleep disruption. The comfort of our guests is a top priority of ours. Should we have the pleasure of having you as a guest in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out to our staff members, so that we may ensure all aspects of your stay are comfortable and find a solution to any concerns you may have.
Florida
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Clean, modern rooms with great beds and very quiet add to the hotel's great location in one of the most dynamic neighborhoods in Washington DC. The Dupont Circle Hotel is centrally located, within a block of the Metro, steps away from the park, bookstore, and restaurants of every type. The hotel bar and restaurant are happening places with great, reasonably priced food and drink. Can't say enough about the professionalism and service of the entire staff. Greeted at the front door by Greg who's smile was infectious. Siobhan helped with our every need and Cole's outstanding service made our stay over the top. Would highly recommend the Dupont Circle Hotel to anyone wanting a great DC experience!

Room Tip: Stayed in room 716 and loved it. Sunny with view of the park.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mammadog
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
We appreciate you being a guest of our hotel during your visit to DC. Thank you for your kind words about staff members. Our team definitely works hard to make sure that all of our guests have what they need for a memorable stay. We thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and with others. We hope to see you again on future travels back to DC.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I have never been treated so poorly by the staff of a hotel. My fiancee and I stayed at the Dupont Circle Hotel for 4 nights to celebrate our engagement. Due to winter weather our flight was cancelled and we were stuck in town for another day. When we called to inquire about staying an extra night the front desk said that they had plenty of availability and it would be no problem. About an hour later they called to inform me that the room rate would be almost double what I had paid for the first four nights. When I asked if they could work with me considering the circumstances they said they would talk with a manager and call me in the morning. The next morning I received no phone call so I went to the desk. I spoke with the same person I had the night before and she told me that not only would the hotel not budge on their rate, but it was now $20 more than the previously quoted price. This was clearly a situation where the hotel saw some travelers in a tight spot and decided to take full advantage of the circumstances. The staff people I spoke to had zero sympathy for our situation and couldn't even be bothered to offer an apology. As it turned out we got an equally good room for $80 for the night compared to the Dupont's $240, however, it was a huge inconvenience to pack our luggage and drag it through the icy conditions in order to avoid being ripped off. This experience put a damper on our whole trip and I would advise against staying at this hotel as I am sure there are others who are much more appreciative of your business.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank joe m
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Joe, our sincerest apologies regarding your stay. We truly are disappointed to read that we did not deliver the kind of experience you rightly would have expected and should have received from us. Thank you for your patience as we further look into this matter. It is our sincere hope that with you will reach a resolution and right any wrongs that may have occurred.
Brussels
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Just spent three days at the Dupont Circle Hotel. Location can't be beat. Hotel has been upgraded since I last stayed there and the room was very attractive and comfortable, and also clean and quiet. I was impressed by attention to small details, including switch for heating the tile floor in the bathroom and sleep masks by the bed. Service was excellent.

Breakfast was not an over-priced buffet but an a la carte menu with a wide range of selections, reasonably priced. I didn't try the restaurant for other meals, but, of course, there is a wide selection of restaurants in the neighborhood.

I found the best price on hoteltravel.com. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for your review! We are pleased you had such a fantastic stay with us and enjoyed the many amenities our hotel has to offer. We think the little things definitely matter to make our guests' stays extra special. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us and we hope to have the pleasure of having you as a guest again in the future.