“Dupont Circle for DC”
Review of The Dupont Circle

The Dupont Circle
Ranked #22 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I'm so glad we chose this hotel, quiet yet clsoe to the metro stops. Also the bus to Georgetown also makes a stop at the Dupont Circle area so that was one of the advantages. At night there are so many restaurants in the area to choose from,which was one of the factors we use to pick a hotel; and the area is very safe. My kids (all grown up) loved Kramerbooks, right across the street , for the bookstore and the excellent cuisine! It stays open till midnight or past midnight on some days! We didn't feel it would be wise to stay near a museum or monument, because normally at night, these areas are quiet, so we did the educational part of touring, museums, etc. during the day. except for the fact that our room wasn't ready on time upon check-in, plus there was an additional delay due to some faulty electrical fixture, this was an excellent choice for DC!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Charivill
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

We are pleased you and your family chose to stay with us during your visit to D.C. We thank you for sharing your experience with us and we are happy that you had a nice time exploring some of the gems of our Dupont Circle neighborhood, in addition to some of the best D.C. sights. We hope you will consider another stay at our hotel next time your travels bring you to D.C.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed here for four nights in May. Everything was exceptional from the moment we checked in. Room was perfectly clean, beds comfortable and the hotel is situated in a location beside the metro offering easy access to all the sites. We availed of food and drink in both the bar and cafe - the best in the area. Great atmosphere too. All staff were friendly and approachable in particular Dave and Justin in the bar and Michael the concierge who looked after us so well. Great stay overall, will definitely return when I'm in DC.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NL2017A
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you, Audrey for your wonderful review. Thank you for sharing the highlights of your stay with us. We are pleased you enjoyed our accommodations and had a chance to dine with us as well. We appreciate the thoughtfulness of your review and do hope your travels bring you back to D.C. soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

This hotel offers a good location and nice sized rooms. But I had very poor service and was shocked at how shabby the room was. They are charging high end prices for a very mediocre hotel. A few examples: when I arrived at 11:30pm after a long flight, I checked in to my room only to find my bathroom quite dirty. I called the front desk and they seemed not to know how to react - not an apology, not an offer of a room change, not an offer of a snack at the bar while I waited for it to be cleaned. Instead they acted a bit confused and annoyed - and only asked "would you like someone to come up and clean it?" Well of course! A nice guy eventually showed up and said it looked like someone did fix-it work on the bathroom earlier in the day and didn't clean up after themselves. It took him 45 minutes to clean it. Which of course meant I didn't get to sleep until 1am. Not a single apology from the management or acknowledgment of what an unpleasant situation this was. The sheets on my bed were torn at the corners and the reading lamp had wires coming out where the on/off switch have been! Lastly, one morning I ordered room service and asked if they could bring up a paper with my breakfast (the hotel offers free papers in the lobby). The room service woman said glumly that she "would try." And of course no paper arrived with the breakfast. When you are paying these big prices, you should be getting more! If you want high quality for your dollar, look elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Kelley K

Dear CaraLee, we appreciate your feedback of our hotel and for taking the time to share your concerns. We are terribly disappointed to read about the experience you received at our hotel. It is not indicative of the level of guest care we typically provide for our guests and we are sorry that our first impression for you was not a favorable one. Please know we are taking your comments under advisement. We thank you for being a guest of our hotel and we hope that the rest of your stay went more smoothly.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We booked a deluxe king room for three nights. We got a double queen room instead (622), after asking to change and get the correct room, the young lady at the front desk promised us, for our last night, a higher floor deluxe king room with view. In reality they gave us a smaller room (542), a lower floor, no view and an older room.

Room Tip: The rooms with dark wood furniture are older than the rooms with white furniture.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pippo P
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Pippo, we are terribly sorry for any miscommunication or dissatisfaction you received with regards to your stay at our hotel. We appreciate you sharing this concern so that we can take it under advisement. We want to accommodate our guests, help them and make them feel welcome, so we are disappointed if we did not reach this goal with you. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Nice views and very clean room. Good location, Very nice and comfortable bed and pillows. The bar and the terrace are very nice (very slow and arrogant waiters at the terrace) and room service very efficient and attentive. Wifi slow, blinds does not close properly and a rooms a bit noisy as there is a lot of traffic.

One of the receptionists had a very arrogant attitude. When I checked in I called to reception just to ask if my room was a deluxe room, as I had an upgrade. He put me on hold for 10 minutes and when I went downstairs I realized he was not doing anything. He kept saying that it was a deluxe room. The room was clearly superior room as booking.com have advertised. I showed him some pictures of the bedroom on booking.com but he did not move a finger to give me an explanation. He was very rude and unhelpful. I called the manager and he still was telling me that I was wrong so I requested him to show me a deluxe room which did correspond with the room they advertised on booking.com and their website. After talking to him, showing the pictures and telling I was going to stay 5 nights, he finally gave me an apology and admitted that maybe booking.com advertise the rooms wrongly. In any case, my perception was not very good. Service needs to improve a lot. I've never being treated like that on reception.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Antonio G

Dear Antonio, we thank you for being a guest of our hotel and we are happy you enjoyed the accommodations and amenities our property has to offer. We are, however, disappointed to read that your experience at reception was less than desirable. One of the many focuses of our staff is to ensure a welcome and helpful environment for all of our guests. Your reception experience is not common practice and definitely do not outline our intentions for our guests, and we apologize. We do thank you for your feedback and we can assure a quality experience should you choose to visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here for four nights last week. It was our first time in Washington DC and we are so glad we chose this hotel. The staff were very efficient and friendly, the room was a good size and the bathroom was very spacious. As one other reviewer has mentioned the open plan nature of the bathroom doesn't lead to much privacy but it didn't concern us. One criticism I have (but I find this in most hotels) is the lack of light. if you open the shutters then you can find other guests looking straight in at you but left closed the lamps were just not adequate. The hotel has a very good restaurant and great, lively bar.
The hotel is in a great location for sight seeing ( about a mile to the White House) and the local area had sufficient restaurants nearby so we were able to walk in the evenings. Kramerbooks over the street is great too. We definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you, Kathy for your kind review. It sounds like you had a great time in the city and we are glad we could accommodate you for your visit. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us and do hope you have the chance to stay us again.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I really enjoyed my business stay in DC recently. I chose this hotel because my hotel was in walking or short cab ride distance from my meeting location. When I arrived in the hotel, there was a serene smell, sort of like a spa, and beautiful lobby. I was greeted with a smile (great customer service), and check-in was quick and easy!

The bar was vibrant and seemed to be the hangout for locals after work so I easily blended in to have a cocktail. I also had a chance to dine in Café Dupont, where the food was excellent - taste, presentation, and price. The homemade mango sorbet was delish! Kudos to the chef!
I also purchased the overnight package with the breakfast and there were lots of healthy and hearty options to choose from and great scenery!

The room was a bit small, however the cleanliness of the room and comfort of the bed made up for the small room. The room was equipped with high end electronics and great bathroom amenities. Overall, a great boutique hotel and I will definitely stay here again on my next trip!

Room Tip: Definitely do breakfast at the hotel, quite an experience!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

We greatly appreciate your thoughtful and helpful review. You really experienced most of our hotel has to offer and we are so pleased that you were satisfied throughout your stay. We hope you had a chance to explore the Dupont Circle area and have a chance to come back for another visit. Thank you again for your kind words. Your feedback means a lot to us.