“Great location, helpful staff, fabulous hotel!”
Review of The Dupont Circle

The Dupont Circle
Ranked #25 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 22 April 2009

My husband and I were in Washington on a family vacation with two boys ages 9 and 12. We found the hotel to be very clean, the staff was very helpful and we all thought the rooms were really "cool." Personally I loved the Kiehl's shampoos. It felt like i was at the spa. The boys loved being across the street from Dupont Circle Park. They were able to have a catch there and just run around. If they are relaxed having fun, we all have fun. We had breakfast at the hotel, it was very good but not cheap. We did find Starbuck's across the street. The subway was also very close which made getting to sights very easy. Wtih the help of the bellhops we had no problem getting a cab as needed. The staff was very helpful and accomidating. We also loved free wifi. We had a great time and would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 April 2009

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2009

The good: location is great, lots of great restaurants and cafes within walking distance. Nice bar off the lobby, if a bit rowdy. Now the bad: the walls are paper thin--I was awoken several times by the sound of slamming doors in the hallways, loud people talking and people next door getting busy who sounded like they were in our room. The fact that I live in Manhattan and am complaining about the noise should give you some idea of what I'm talking about. And it's not just me, a father with his family was complaining about the same thing to the front desk person. I've stayed in plenty of Washington hotels and if you want to stay out late and find a place to crash for a few hours, then this will fit the bill. Otherwise, I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2009

I stayed for 2 nghts in 4/09 for business, chose it because of the location and the free internet. The room has an open bathroom - if you roll off your bed, you are almost in front of the sink. There is a glass door separating the sink and the shower/toilet area. This hotel looks modern, and trendy, but ... it lacks some of the basics I am used to at a 4-starred. Dirty: hair in the drainage in the shower was not cleaned during my stay - the towels looked old, and one of them even looked like it had some old stain on it! Found a burned match stick on the bathroom floor, and the opeartor had the guts to say that it might've been left from lighting a candle. huh?! One of the pillow has brown stains along the edge, and I had the same pillow for both nights! Another pillow had fragrance smell on it that the others didn't have (guess it was not the softner then). Poor amenities: no q-tips, shower caps, etc., no water kettle for coffee/tea in the room, no refrigerator (it's up on request?) Bad design: there is no tub, just shower but with no door/curtain to block the water. When I was done showering, the shower towel on the floor was soaked, and I had to walk through a puddle of water in front of the toilet bowl. It was just a mess.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
GMDupont, General Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2009

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire team at The Dupont Hotel, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to post your concerns and feedback of our new property. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences and inconsistencies you experienced on your recent visit to The Dupont Hotel.

There is never an excuse for inconsistencies in housekeeping or service levels. I assure you that this is not indicative of the service philosophy we champion at The Dupont Hotel and certainly not representative of the style we have become known for.

It is extremely disconcerting to our team when we learn one of our new customers has had an unpleasant experience. As we complete our first month of operation in the new hotel we are working diligently to build a service culture responsive to the needs of our guests. I would like to apologize for the lack of detail in your guestroom by our housekeeping department and the lack of acknowledgment to your challenges by our service center.

I hope that you will afford us the opportunity to redeem ourselves by offering you the levels of service every guest of The Dupont Hotel deserves and expects. I also request that you contact us directly to arrange a return visit so we may show you that we are indeed committed to providing a guest room and service experience that is unparalleled.

Warm Regards,