“Incredible hotel”
Review of The Dupont Circle

The Dupont Circle
Ranked #22 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 13 July 2009

This hotel has been recently redone and it is glorious. Rooms are modern and comfortable with heated bathroom floors, HD TVs, comfortable beds. The location is superb and the staff is great. My daughters and I were there for two nights and we loved every second. Metro stop is close by and the restaurant in the hotel is fantastic. The bar downstairs was rolling all night but the rooms were quiet. Loved it!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,393)

Reviewed 12 July 2009

We just returned from a 3 night stay. Check in was rough we had a Level 9 room however they were not available.They will be opening in October. They gave us a room and off we went. the room was in the corner where the construction was. We were not going to stay there and even looked for another hotel .Tara the Reservation Manager called us and was able to move us to a better room. After this the room was fine.The Hotel Manager sent us a bottle of Champagne for the inconvienence. The Hotel is Modern and as described by other guests. We had breakfast at the hotel as it was included. It was good. The prices high if you were paying for it. The hotel is in a wonderful location with many resturants and the Metro directly across the street. All in all it was a good stay. The bar was busy and prices were around 11.00 for a Bloody Mary.

1  Thank Vern R
Reviewed 12 July 2009

The Hotel was just finished when we went. So some things where missing. Nevertheless, the quality of the service, foods, rooms are perfect.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2009

My husband and I stayed here in late June and loved it. It was clean, convenient, and comfortable. No complaints. For $119 in a big city, we thought it was a steal!

Reviewed 9 July 2009

We were fortunate enough to book our stay at a deep discount from cheaprooms.com. When we arrived the valet was prompt, the front desk staff courteous, and the room clean and stylish. My husband and I agree we would return to the Dupont for future visits. The local restaurants, convenient walk to the metro and wonderful famers market just a block away on Sunday mornings made for a great stay. We enjoyed breakfast and tea every morning at the Firehook cafe just a block away. The short walk was a small price to pay compared to the $17 the hotel charged for two teas through room service. We steered clear of the hotel restaurant after a bad experience in the hotel lounge on our first night when we ordered 2 rounds of drinks and a terrible pizza (tasted like it could have been made in an easy bake oven!) that cost $70-. The room itself more than made up for the poor service & food in the lounge. Recent renovations made this hotel seem lush, well maintained and glamorous. I would choose to stay at the Dupont Hotel for future visits, the room and the location make this hotel a great bargain without the feel of a bargin hotel.

Reviewed 8 July 2009

We checked in on July 3rd at 6:00pm. Hotel was exactly as presented on its website. Very chic with a simple checkin and a friendly staff. Our room on the 6th floor overlooked 19th street, where you can see the action on Dupont Circle. There is no better hotel perfectly situated to see all that Washington has to offer. We were able to walk to all of the museums and Georgetown is only a 6.00 cab ride OR an even easier walk. (we cabbed it to Georgetown and walked back). While in Georgetown I suggest lunch at Paolo's and ice cream at Thomas Sweet ~ but I digress. The hotel is right in the heart of
many fabulous restaurants, but you must visit Sette Osteria, 1666 Connecticut Avenue NW, while you are there. The BEST bread in the world, and I loved my pasta with lobster and lump crab.

Back to the hotel, super comfortable bed and pillows with a large flat screen tv. Large, fluffy towels, with tiny soap. But the hand mitts make it easy to deal with the soap. The ONLY problem, and its not really a big problem, is that water that will get all over the bathroom since there is only a small glass partition, rather than a shower door, which makes it impossible to take a shower and not get the water spraying everywhere. This is the only design flaw that I can see. As they have mostly thought of everything.

I challenge you to find a nicer, clean, hipper, more convenient hotel for 119.00 per night. It doesn't exist, I know because I have tried. So the next time I visit Washington, DC I will again be staying at The Dupont as it is the best bang for your buck! Also the hotel food is good, but for the best value in dining, walk next door to Kramerbooks Cafe, which has a great menu at an unbeatable price. (brunch offer's bloody mary refills for only 1.50!)

Reviewed 30 June 2009

We stayed here for three nights in May. We stayed in a studio suite which was modern and gorgeous. Panoramic views of the park and some of the city. I read some of the reviews that stated the hotel is still not ready for guests. I completely disagree. The hotel is sleek and stylish and very,very friendly. Maybe the service is not slick, but I really appreciate and prefer warmth over perfection.
The hotel is immaculate, and the location perfect for shopping, dining, and riding the Metro. Also the hop on and off bus stops within one block of the Hotel.
I would avoid the restaurant except for an amazing breakfast. The best eggs benedict I have ever had.
The bar is amazing, modern,sexy yet cozy all at the same time.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple