“OK, But not for extended business travel!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Dupont Circle

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Dupont Circle
Ranked #35 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
cmat17
“OK, But not for extended business travel!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2009

Dupont Hotel is a decent hotel, but it is not my style at all. Very chic and trendy. Looks over functionality. Location is excellent, however. Metro, bus stops, and tons of restuarants are in the area.

The hotel restuarants and room service were extremely overpriced, so I refused to dine there. Housekeeping was excellent though. Conceirge desk was unfriendly. Business center has two computers which were always taken. Had to wait alot.

Elevators were broke for most of my 10 day stay. At one point, only one elevator worked!! Needless to say, I climbed the stairs to the 5th floor too many times. Also, hotel was still under construction, with workers everywhere. I didn't hear much noise though.

No laundry facilities in the hotel.

Room--bed is very comfortable. Radio/clock has an ipod docking station, which was the biggest plus for me. Storage is a problem. There's no furniture in the room with drawers and the closet is very small with only 8 hangers! The closet had shelves everywhere, so when I hung my pants and dress they hit the bottom of the shelf and got wrinkled on the bottom--very annoying. My room did not have an iron and ironing board so I had to request it when I needed it. By the way, it took them 45 minutes to bring it when I needed it. Free internet access was great however!

The windows have plantation shutters instead of curtains. No blackout drapes either. This was bad in the morning because they did nothing to block the early light. Plan on getting up early everyday.

Bathrooms--No privacy. Extremely small! Entrance has a swinging, frosted glass door. Those outside the bathroom can hear your every move, if you get what I'm saying. The shower is separated from toilet and sink by a small frosted glass partition. I basically flooded the bathroom floor every morning. There is nowhere in the bathroom to put your toiletries as the sink is a pedestal with a two inch lip all the way around. Nowhere inside the shower, to put your toiletries either except the window sill. Yup, that's right there're windows in the shower! A little weird for me being a woman traveler. The heated floors were nice, but they took forever to get warm. I just left them on all the time.

The toilet was crammed next to the wall, so everytime I used it, I had to sit on it sideways. Just a little uncomfortable. Toilet paper hung under the sink due to a lack of wall space.

Anyhow, this hotel is good if you're only staying 1 or 2 nights by yourself or with your spouse. Bathroom offers no privacy if you have children.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (635)
  • Hebrew first
whiteville, nc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2009

This hotel has been recently redone and it is glorious. Rooms are modern and comfortable with heated bathroom floors, HD TVs, comfortable beds. The location is superb and the staff is great. My daughters and I were there for two nights and we loved every second. Metro stop is close by and the restaurant in the hotel is fantastic. The bar downstairs was rolling all night but the rooms were quiet. Loved it!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Land O Lakes, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2009

We just returned from a 3 night stay. Check in was rough we had a Level 9 room however they were not available.They will be opening in October. They gave us a room and off we went. the room was in the corner where the construction was. We were not going to stay there and even looked for another hotel .Tara the Reservation Manager called us and was able to move us to a better room. After this the room was fine.The Hotel Manager sent us a bottle of Champagne for the inconvienence. The Hotel is Modern and as described by other guests. We had breakfast at the hotel as it was included. It was good. The prices high if you were paying for it. The hotel is in a wonderful location with many resturants and the Metro directly across the street. All in all it was a good stay. The bar was busy and prices were around 11.00 for a Bloody Mary.

1 Thank Vern R
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2009

The Hotel was just finished when we went. So some things where missing. Nevertheless, the quality of the service, foods, rooms are perfect.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
Bellingham, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2009

My husband and I stayed here in late June and loved it. It was clean, convenient, and comfortable. No complaints. For $119 in a big city, we thought it was a steal!

Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2009

We were fortunate enough to book our stay at a deep discount from cheaprooms.com. When we arrived the valet was prompt, the front desk staff courteous, and the room clean and stylish. My husband and I agree we would return to the Dupont for future visits. The local restaurants, convenient walk to the metro and wonderful famers market just a block away on Sunday mornings made for a great stay. We enjoyed breakfast and tea every morning at the Firehook cafe just a block away. The short walk was a small price to pay compared to the $17 the hotel charged for two teas through room service. We steered clear of the hotel restaurant after a bad experience in the hotel lounge on our first night when we ordered 2 rounds of drinks and a terrible pizza (tasted like it could have been made in an easy bake oven!) that cost $70-. The room itself more than made up for the poor service & food in the lounge. Recent renovations made this hotel seem lush, well maintained and glamorous. I would choose to stay at the Dupont Hotel for future visits, the room and the location make this hotel a great bargain without the feel of a bargin hotel.

Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2009

We checked in on July 3rd at 6:00pm. Hotel was exactly as presented on its website. Very chic with a simple checkin and a friendly staff. Our room on the 6th floor overlooked 19th street, where you can see the action on Dupont Circle. There is no better hotel perfectly situated to see all that Washington has to offer. We were able to walk to all of the museums and Georgetown is only a 6.00 cab ride OR an even easier walk. (we cabbed it to Georgetown and walked back). While in Georgetown I suggest lunch at Paolo's and ice cream at Thomas Sweet ~ but I digress. The hotel is right in the heart of
many fabulous restaurants, but you must visit Sette Osteria, 1666 Connecticut Avenue NW, while you are there. The BEST bread in the world, and I loved my pasta with lobster and lump crab.

Back to the hotel, super comfortable bed and pillows with a large flat screen tv. Large, fluffy towels, with tiny soap. But the hand mitts make it easy to deal with the soap. The ONLY problem, and its not really a big problem, is that water that will get all over the bathroom since there is only a small glass partition, rather than a shower door, which makes it impossible to take a shower and not get the water spraying everywhere. This is the only design flaw that I can see. As they have mostly thought of everything.

I challenge you to find a nicer, clean, hipper, more convenient hotel for 119.00 per night. It doesn't exist, I know because I have tried. So the next time I visit Washington, DC I will again be staying at The Dupont as it is the best bang for your buck! Also the hotel food is good, but for the best value in dining, walk next door to Kramerbooks Cafe, which has a great menu at an unbeatable price. (brunch offer's bloody mary refills for only 1.50!)