“Never again!”
Review of The Dupont Circle

The Dupont Circle
Ranked #22 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 19 July 2009

The hotel front desk was so unorganized! Asked for the manager and they said we are all managers, what? Need to go for more training! Don't leave any change laying around because it will dissappear! Told the front desk about it and he never flinched , like it happens often. If you want to leave a tip for the housekeeping staff it is not until you check out. No bathroom privacy..whatever happened to doors on bathrooms? The only thing positive was the comfy bed and the door staff.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 15 July 2009

Spent three nights at The Dupont Hotel early July with my husband and two teenagers. Check-in proved a little problamatic but it eventually sorted. We all liked the hotel- it is very well located lots of nice restaurants around, a nice park opposite the hotel. The staff particularly the door and restaurant staff were super. Some of the reception staff were off-hand at times.particularly at check-in.
The room was tight for four but we were staying only three nights so we managed. The rooms are very modern with the bathrooms being almost in the room as other reviews have mentioned. Again this did not bother us. We liked the decor.
We ate in the restaurant a few times. Didn't find it over expensive except for the breakfast. We had breakfast the morning we were leaving but didn't realise the cost! Lovely breakfast but way overpriced.
If you are flying from Dulles ask the taxi what they will charge as we got several different prices. Soloman operates from the taxi rank at the Dupont we opted to go with him-he was the most reasonable and extremely nice, helpful and chatty.
Overall we enjoyed our stay at The Dupont Hotel, My teenagers thought it was a great hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2009

Please note that this establishment was formerly known as Jury’s hotel.

Take it from someone who travels to DC several times per year for work, this is the BEST place to stay in the Dupont Circle neighborhood. First of all, the location is unbeatable. There are tons of restaurants, shops and bars within walking distance. If you need access to the Metro, the hotel is only a stone’s throw away from the Dupont Circle stop. This is such a great neighborhood – lotsa things to do, very hip, very pedestrian-friendly.

Second, the hotel has beautiful amenities. The hotel was nice enough when it was Jury’s. It’s only gotten better with its recent renovation into the Dupont Hotel. Spacious lobby, modern rooms, frees Wi-Fi, free business center, free gym, plasma TV’s in the rooms, etc. My most favorite part of the rooms though is the heated bathroom floor. What an amazing luxury! I was also very pleasantly surprised to see that they stock their bathrooms with Kiehl’s products. Impressive! Do note though that your Wi-Fi signal will be stronger or weaker, depending on where your room is situated in the building. Also, the rooms are modest in size. What they lack in square footage, they make up for with their beautiful decor and ammenities.

Third, the hotel is clean. I’ve stayed here several times and have never had any cleanliness issues.

Fourth, the staff is very nice. I had stayed here most recently as part of the Stay Lazy promo (approximately $140 per night, includes 2 pm check out and breakfast). I initially had some questions about the breakfast included in this promo so I called the hotel. While I was disappointed that it took a couple of transfers and a call back to get the answer I needed, everyone was nice and helpful throughout. When I did check in, I was supposed to have received a breakfast voucher. The voucher wasn’t ready right away and was supposed to be delivered to my room. When it didn’t arrive by 11 pm, I called the Front Desk and the night manager, said that no problem – I could just eat breakfast in the hotel restaurant the next morning and my bill would be removed from my bill at check out. That’s exactly what happened. So despite the confusion on the details of this promo, the package was overall a great deal and I am happy to say that my issues were satisfactorily resolved by the staff.

I believe that the Dupont Hotel tends to cater to business travelers as I've found their rates to be higher during the week. However, they do have great deals online (such as the Stay Lazy promo) so I encourage folks to search their web site for their money-saving deals. Even if you do end up paying full price for this hotel, it is worth it!

I’ve stayed at many Dupont Circle hotels in the past but have always come back to Jury’s / Dupont Hotel. This really is the best place to stay in DC. Love it!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Lynnja
Reviewed 14 July 2009

Dupont Hotel is a decent hotel, but it is not my style at all. Very chic and trendy. Looks over functionality. Location is excellent, however. Metro, bus stops, and tons of restuarants are in the area.

The hotel restuarants and room service were extremely overpriced, so I refused to dine there. Housekeeping was excellent though. Conceirge desk was unfriendly. Business center has two computers which were always taken. Had to wait alot.

Elevators were broke for most of my 10 day stay. At one point, only one elevator worked!! Needless to say, I climbed the stairs to the 5th floor too many times. Also, hotel was still under construction, with workers everywhere. I didn't hear much noise though.

No laundry facilities in the hotel.

Room--bed is very comfortable. Radio/clock has an ipod docking station, which was the biggest plus for me. Storage is a problem. There's no furniture in the room with drawers and the closet is very small with only 8 hangers! The closet had shelves everywhere, so when I hung my pants and dress they hit the bottom of the shelf and got wrinkled on the bottom--very annoying. My room did not have an iron and ironing board so I had to request it when I needed it. By the way, it took them 45 minutes to bring it when I needed it. Free internet access was great however!

The windows have plantation shutters instead of curtains. No blackout drapes either. This was bad in the morning because they did nothing to block the early light. Plan on getting up early everyday.

Bathrooms--No privacy. Extremely small! Entrance has a swinging, frosted glass door. Those outside the bathroom can hear your every move, if you get what I'm saying. The shower is separated from toilet and sink by a small frosted glass partition. I basically flooded the bathroom floor every morning. There is nowhere in the bathroom to put your toiletries as the sink is a pedestal with a two inch lip all the way around. Nowhere inside the shower, to put your toiletries either except the window sill. Yup, that's right there're windows in the shower! A little weird for me being a woman traveler. The heated floors were nice, but they took forever to get warm. I just left them on all the time.

The toilet was crammed next to the wall, so everytime I used it, I had to sit on it sideways. Just a little uncomfortable. Toilet paper hung under the sink due to a lack of wall space.

Anyhow, this hotel is good if you're only staying 1 or 2 nights by yourself or with your spouse. Bathroom offers no privacy if you have children.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 July 2009

This hotel has been recently redone and it is glorious. Rooms are modern and comfortable with heated bathroom floors, HD TVs, comfortable beds. The location is superb and the staff is great. My daughters and I were there for two nights and we loved every second. Metro stop is close by and the restaurant in the hotel is fantastic. The bar downstairs was rolling all night but the rooms were quiet. Loved it!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2009

We just returned from a 3 night stay. Check in was rough we had a Level 9 room however they were not available.They will be opening in October. They gave us a room and off we went. the room was in the corner where the construction was. We were not going to stay there and even looked for another hotel .Tara the Reservation Manager called us and was able to move us to a better room. After this the room was fine.The Hotel Manager sent us a bottle of Champagne for the inconvienence. The Hotel is Modern and as described by other guests. We had breakfast at the hotel as it was included. It was good. The prices high if you were paying for it. The hotel is in a wonderful location with many resturants and the Metro directly across the street. All in all it was a good stay. The bar was busy and prices were around 11.00 for a Bloody Mary.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vern R
Reviewed 12 July 2009

The Hotel was just finished when we went. So some things where missing. Nevertheless, the quality of the service, foods, rooms are perfect.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends