* Great location.
* Wonderful staff; very friendly and accommodating.
• My wife and I stayed here a year ago when it was Jury's and had a wonderful time; large room, very comfortable. This year's stay was very different since it is now under Doyle management. Room was about a third of the size of last years (at a greater price) and very badly designed.
• No curtains to block out the light.
• No coffeemaker inside the room.
• No iron.
• Translucent doors afford little privacy.
• BAD INTERNET CONNECTION. Both wireless and ethernet were very slow and didn't work most of the time. I complained three times and was told that no one else had complained. I finally gave up. This was a major defect for me. I had the feeling that too many people were trying to use a wireless that could not handle it all.
• The TV card listed digital channels but we could never get them to work. It wasn't obvious how they worked or if they did.
• Doors did not automatically close and lock. You had to pull them shut.
• Too many flat and metallic-like surfaces in the design of the room so the noise from the outside (and there was a lot of it -- this is DuPont Circle after all) reverberated.
Many of our complaints centered on the design of the room. I suppose somebody that it was all pretty cool. Unfortunately, the design decreased the comfort level of the room dramatically.
Bottom line: We are probably going to find another hotel to stay in when we go back to Washington. I am disappointed because we once liked the place so much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in one of the city's most vibrant neighborhoods, The Dupont Circle brings modern style to the nation's capital for an unforgettable experience. Urban chic comes to life in The Dupont Circle's sleek design, eclectic artwork and coveted location. Then there is LEVEL NINE, an elevated tier of luxury for the ultimate experience. These spacious rooms boast spectacular views across the city from private terraces and balconies with added amenities and benefits. Who needs to cab when you are staying in the heart of the cities restaurant, bar and entertainment scene. Dine in style at Cafe Dupont, a multi-sensory experience, offering a handcrafted modern American style menu with French influences for breakfast, dinner or brunch. Or mix and mingle in one of DC's treasured spots at Bar Dupont, busy with the cosmopolitan after-work crowd. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Doyle Collection, Hotels.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your The Dupont Circle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dupont Hotel Washington Dc
- Jurys Washington Hotel