“Wonderful experience”

Ranked #2 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Washington DC
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

My husband and I spent our 1st anniversary at the Four Seasons in Georgetown and could not have been happier. The room was gorgeous and the spa was magnificent. We only stayed for one night but we can't wait to come back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
FourSeasonsHotelDC, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear Ndosedel,

Congratulations on your first wedding anniversary. Thank you for a great review and for celebrating such a special milestone with us. I am happy that we were able to provide the perfect setting for you and your husband to celebrate and that you were able to enjoy our spa services. We can’t wait to welcome you back for another getaway.

Best wishes,

Dirk Burghartz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Malvern, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

Overall the Four Seasons in Georgetown is a very nice hotel. There are a few items that keep it from being an excellent hotel.

At check-in there appeared to be some confusion behind the desk causing myself and my traveling party to have to wait awkwardly for 2 to 3 minutes until the staff addressed us and started the check-in process. A hotel of this caliber should not have these types of issues in view of guests. The first touch of a hotel greeting is very important to the new arrivals. However, once the process began it was very quick and efficient.

The rooms are well appointed and very clean. But again, the furniture is a bit dated and needs to be refreshed, especially the desk furniture and the casual chair in the room I was assigned. I would also say it is time to re-carpet the room and hallway. The bathroom was fantastic. A large separate tub, two sinks with granite counter tops, and the shower was one of the best showers I have ever experienced at a hotel. The shower itself rates an Excellent rating. One of the most annoying issues with the room is the lack of electrical outlets near the night stands and bed. If you use your cell phone as your alarm clock you have to plug it in across the room and in the AM when it alarms you have to get out of bed and silence it. Very annoying! They have a radio next to the bed with an old iPod port, but the iPhone 5 will not fit it and even with an adapter will not charge.

The bed was moderately comfortable, but they use the sheet and duvet configuration, which I think is too hot. I prefer just a sheet and blanket. The duvet would be nice if you were sleeping in the winter, not in the middle of August in Washington DC.

Other than the front desk confusion upon check-in, the service elsewhere was excellent.

It is pricey to stay here, but the location is very convenient to Georgetown, so I will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DWL
Dear DWL,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us after your recent stay. I am sorry for the internal confusion prior to checking you in. We strive to provide the utmost in service and sincerely apologize that the issue was not taken behind the scenes. I am happy to learn that aside from this you did receive excellent service and enjoyed our Georgetown location. I also appreciate your feedback on the décor and electrical outlets in the guest rooms, I am happy to inform you that we will be renovating the guest corridors and hotel rooms next year. I would also like to note in your guest profile that you prefer blankets in the summer so that we can make your bed to your liking. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Washington soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

Everything about this place is exquisite! We were here on business and it made business more enjoyable. I can not say enough good things about this hotel except that it leads the industry! It is everything you want in a hotel stay.

• Stayed August 2013
FourSeasonsHotelDC, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear Kandicehanes,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Four Seasons Washington. I am pleased that we were able to provide you with excellent service and comfortable accommodations while you were here on business. I look forward to seeing you on your next trip, personal or professional.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

This was yet another good experience with the Four Seasons brand. Excellent reception, great rooms, wonderful food. So understated yet luxurious. Front desk staff was so professional and helpful. The room was bright and airy. Could have moved in. The location was perfect for walking around Georgetown so you actually don't even need a car in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
FourSeasonsHotelDC, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Dear Atmcc,

I am happy to know that you had another great experience at Four Seasons. I am glad that you enjoyed so many elements of the hotel from our design and food to our service and location. I look forward to welcoming you back to our Georgetown location and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

All the best,

Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

Living in Bethesda, MD the Four Seasons only 20 minutes drive away. Most memorable and very special place to celebrate momumental events in your life. Go there, you will love every moment of it, cant beat location, in the heart of DC/Georgetown.

Room Tip: west wing where we stayed
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Zsuzsiz63
Dear Zsuzsiz63,

Thank you for choosing Four Seasons Washington as the place to celebrate monumental events. We are always happy to be a part of a guest’s most memorable occasions and try to help create lasting memories. We look forward to seeing you during your next special event or anytime you are in Georgetown.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

We love the Four Seasons, of course! But this was an even more memorable stay because the staff was excellent!! They knew our names and customized our stay with many special extras! They helped us with excellent tickets for the Justin Beiber concert for our son!! And so much more! It is amazing how far a warm smile and a personalized hello can still be! They delivered handmade treats to both our son (10) and our little yorkie!! There was a dog bed already in room when we arrived as well as amenities for our son...both were made to feel extra specially welcomed and that meant the world to us! A knock on our dog brought bowls, homemade dog bisquits, bottled water! a toy and bowls for our dog.....another knock surprised our son with a hand written note and cookie!!...We loved our stay and wish we could always enjoy such effortless service!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Bunny R.,

Thank you for your loyalty to Four Seasons and for taking the time to share your excellent experience with us. I am happy to learn that you had such a wonderful trip and that we were able to create a memorable stay for all of your family. I am pleased to know that both your son and yorkie enjoyed the cookies and treats, and that our concierge was able to secure concert tickets. I’m also delighted to know that you found the service effortless and that our staff was able to greet you by name and with a friendly smile. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back on your next trip to DC as your home away from home.

Best wishes,

Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

We spent four nights in the Four Seasons in Georgetown in a two bedroom suite - three children two adults - what can I say - you cannot beat the Four Seasons even if you try. The rooms are gorgous, the decor fabulous, the location in quaint Georgetown is perfect, you can wander around on foot eating, shopping etc and feel very close to your hotel. The hotel itself is not 'grand' the rooms have no balconies, at least not that i could see, the rooms are not HUGE but there is a feeling you get in any Four Seasons like no other. All the staff make you feel so comfortable and taken care of. The spa and Gym are exquisite, if a little hard to reach, twisty corridors etc, but very zen and peaceful. At check out I was asked to fill out a questionairre and at the same time the clerk was checking the price for the gown in the room which my little son wanted me to buy for him - I had written that we had a few plumbing issues - took a long time for hot water to arrive and other issues, nothing major just a bit of tlc needed, and kindly they gave me the gown as a little gift to make up for any inconveniece and then i got a letter to make sure this did not ruin our time. I would go back in a minute - quiet, calm and polite are the words i would use.

Room Tip: try to take advantage of the third night free if you can to make it a little less costly. Ask for...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Lovesgreathotels2,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience at Four Seasons Washington. I am glad you had such wonderful stay and that you were able to enjoy not only our relaxing spa and gym but also the surrounding neighborhood and sights. I am happy to hear that our staff contributed to your positive experience and that we were able to make up for any inconvenience. I look forward to welcoming you again and thank you for your five star review of our hotel.