This hotel is a nice hotel without curb appeal in a fantastic location. The hotel itself is disappointing in several respects. The lobby is small and unwelcoming. The art, extremely disappointing. The restaurant decor looks more like a young, hip, wanna be nightclub than a restaurant in a 5 star hotel. The food was on par with the decor, forgettable. The only positive thing about the food at this hotel was the prompt delivery from room service and the coffee.
The rooms are mediocre. The bathroom was extremely disappointing with a very small shower flush with the floor thus insuring water all over the floor. The tub was quite nice.
I arrived at 3:15 and my room was not ready. I waited on an uncomfortable couch without back support for approximately a half hour.
When I finally got a chance for a much needed massage, the disappointment continued. The Spa was being renovated. Of course I had not been advised of this in advance or I would not have stayed at the Four Seasons this trip. I felt rushed and after I changed into my robe, was asked to wait in a small, boring, waiting area where two male employees were talking. Not comfortable.
I then had to use the back, concrete stairs to go to the second floor where a makeshift room was used. Everything felt rushed. Decent massage but did not address the areas bothering me after I was asked to fill out a questionnaire for this very purpose.
All in all, certainly not what you expect from the Four Seasons at their considerable rate. The employees were very respectful and quite nice but the experience was a major disappointment and a complete rip off financially.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the hip and historic Georgetown neighborhood, Four Seasons Hotel Washington offers unparalleled access to D.C.'S inspiring monuments and historic sites as well as the eclectic charm of upscale shops, restaurants, and galleries. Vibrant Georgetown is home to a rich variety of cultural attractions, stores and eateries. Listen to evocative jazz in Blues Alley, shop in the design district known as Cady's Alley and explore the C&O Canal, Georgetown Waterfront Park and Washington Harbour. Other popular attractions include the Old Stone House on M Street, Georgetown University, Georgetown Cupcakes (site of the hit show "DC Cupcakes") and of course, the famous stairs from "The Exorcist." It's an ideal base from which to explore the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Ebookers, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Washington d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
- 4 Seasons Washington d.c.
- Four Seasons Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Four Seasons