when my husband suggested we stay (with our kids, 10 and 6) at the four seasons in DC my first response was it is too far from the museums and attractions we want to see. although most of the attractions were a long trek or metro ride away, it was a great location for us. the hotel is at the foot of georgetown and a couple of blocks from the washington harbor. we went to dinner every night in the harbor and georgetown and it was all very active and fun. the concierge julie, was quite helpful in suggestions for age appropriate activities. of course, in four seasons style, the kids got personalized cookies of the monuments to decorate and eat. they also had mini robes and slippers in our room upon arrival, and a toy to chose at check in. other personal touches include a life size cardboard cut out of president obama to take pictures with, and a private car to take us to a museum one morning. we got room service for the kids for dinner one night and it was enough for 4 of us. we also had room service for breakfast one morning and it was absolutely delicious. we also had a drink one night at the bar at bourbon steak with a lot of well off very good looking people! coming from new york, the prices all seemed reasonable to us.
the beds, linens, towels and robes were all fabulously comfortable. we used the indoor pool twice, and because of the holiday, it was loaded with kids, so that was fun. too bad for the older gentlemen who wanted to swim laps! ha!
all in all, it was a great time for all of us kids and adults with something for everyone, i wish they had some rooms with better views than pennsylvania avenue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the hip and historic Georgetown neighborhood, Four Seasons Hotel Washington offers unparalleled access to D.C.'S inspiring monuments and historic sites as well as the eclectic charm of upscale shops, restaurants, and galleries. Vibrant Georgetown is home to a rich variety of cultural attractions, stores and eateries. Listen to evocative jazz in Blues Alley, shop in the design district known as Cady's Alley and explore the C&O Canal, Georgetown Waterfront Park and Washington Harbour. Other popular attractions include the Old Stone House on M Street, Georgetown University, Georgetown Cupcakes (site of the hit show "DC Cupcakes") and of course, the famous stairs from "The Exorcist." It's an ideal base from which to explore the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Washington d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
- 4 Seasons Washington d.c.
- Four Seasons Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Four Seasons