“great options” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
White Plains, New York, United States
“great options”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

when my husband suggested we stay (with our kids, 10 and 6) at the four seasons in DC my first response was it is too far from the museums and attractions we want to see. although most of the attractions were a long trek or metro ride away, it was a great location for us. the hotel is at the foot of georgetown and a couple of blocks from the washington harbor. we went to dinner every night in the harbor and georgetown and it was all very active and fun. the concierge julie, was quite helpful in suggestions for age appropriate activities. of course, in four seasons style, the kids got personalized cookies of the monuments to decorate and eat. they also had mini robes and slippers in our room upon arrival, and a toy to chose at check in. other personal touches include a life size cardboard cut out of president obama to take pictures with, and a private car to take us to a museum one morning. we got room service for the kids for dinner one night and it was enough for 4 of us. we also had room service for breakfast one morning and it was absolutely delicious. we also had a drink one night at the bar at bourbon steak with a lot of well off very good looking people! coming from new york, the prices all seemed reasonable to us.

the beds, linens, towels and robes were all fabulously comfortable. we used the indoor pool twice, and because of the holiday, it was loaded with kids, so that was fun. too bad for the older gentlemen who wanted to swim laps! ha!

all in all, it was a great time for all of us kids and adults with something for everyone, i wish they had some rooms with better views than pennsylvania avenue.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lesley F
FourSeasonsHotelDC, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear Lesley F.,

Thank you for your five star review of Four Seasons Washington. I am happy to find that you and your family enjoyed so many aspects of the hotel and our Georgetown location. I am especially pleased to learn that Julie was able to make suggestions that would suit both you and your children and arrange a private car to visit the museums. I am also glad to know that you enjoyed your meals from room service and drinks at Bourbon Steak, and that your children enjoyed the cookies and toys as well as our indoor pool. I hope to welcome you and your family back on your next vacation to DC.

All the best,

Dirk Burghartz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

I love the Four Seasons and have stayed at the DC property numerous times but really have grown tired of not being able to have a decent meal or drink there.

I think the restaurant, "Bourbon Steak" is overpriced for what it is. In addition, I think the service is very poor. I recently entertained a business guest and I was very explicit in the way I wanted my order prepared and asked the waitstaff if he could have it prepared in that manner. His response was "Yeah, sure". It arrived by the runner whom I had to call back to point out that neither my guest or I had cutlery and that there was no salt & pepper on the table. He looked befuddled but duly went off but it took an inordinate amount of time to come back with what we needed.

And then... well the order was completely wrong but as I was in the middle of a business lunch did not want to interrupt the flow and so just picked at my meal and left it. I didn't see the waitstaff again - I had to flag the runner to ask him to get the waitstaff - I eventually received the check but with no 'thank you' or 'have a good day'.

On this trip and on subsequent trips have made friends as well as business colleagues for a drink at the lounge off the lobby. It is, in a word, horrible. Noisy and has become a pick-up place for younger business professionals who work in the area... these are not guests in the hotel. It has been suggested to me that when their guests are looking for a quiet drink that the hotel directs them to places outside the hotel. Hard to believe but....

the waitstaff very perfunctorily takes the order, then punches it into the computer and I didn't see him again till I asked for the check (but had to do this several times)

Room Tip: Overlooking the courtyard
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Christine H
Dear Christine H.,

I greatly appreciate your feedback and I am sorry to learn that you had a less than satisfactory experience with us at Bourbon Steak. We strive to meet and exceed every guest request and I am disappointed that we did not deliver the exceptional service and attention to detail we continuously work hard to achieve. I have discussed your experience with our restaurant general manager as well as our training manager so that we can make sure this does not happen again to any of our guests. I’m also sorry that your experience at the lounge has not been enjoyable due to the noise. Hopefully ENO, our new wine bar, opening in October, can be an alternate option for you. I value your loyalty and hope that our accommodations were still satisfactory and that you will return to Four Seasons Washington in the future. I look forward to meeting you during your next trip to DC.

Most apologetically,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

One of the best hotels we have stayed in a Fantastic hotel in George town. It is convenient for George Town and not too far from the centre. Brilliant staff, marvelous service. Concierge found a track and running routes for us, gave us tips on where to visit. We were treated like royalty from the doormen to the driver that we used. The room (suite on the East side) was lovely and breakfast in the morning (after our family morning run into DC) was delicious. Will stay again when we are over - can't wait

Room Tip: If you can upgrade to one of their suites it is so worth it
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear YellowJellyBean,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at Four Seasons Washington. I’m glad that our concierge was so helpful in planning your family’s run and suggesting places to visit. I am also happy that you enjoyed your suite, breakfast, and our Georgetown location. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit the Nation’s Capital.

Warm regards,

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

We spent our 27th wedding anniversary at the Four Seasons in Georgetown. Location was perfect near Georgetown and DC. The staff were friendly and very helpful. Our suite was nice and clean. We did not use the spa since we were too busy. The food at the Bourbon Steak was amazing. Can't wait to visit Washington DC again and return at the Four Seasons Hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Johanne R.,

Congratulations on your 27th wedding anniversary and thank you for choosing to spend it at Four Seasons Washington. I am happy to know that the food at Bourbon Steak and our staff were memorable parts of your trip. I’m also glad that you had a busy schedule so hopefully you’ll have time to visit our spa on your next visit. Thank you for taking the time to share your five star review of our hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Best wishes,

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Stayed here Valentines Weekend. Worth every penny spent. Friendly and helpful Staff,
The rooms are Clean, an bathroom is well maintained. The hotel is in a great location- close to Georgetown and other great sites in DC.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Lefonte D.,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your Valentine’s Day weekend at Four Seasons Washington and that our staff and location made for a memorable stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel on your next trip to DC.

Warm regards,

South Hamilton, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

This hotel is a nice hotel without curb appeal in a fantastic location. The hotel itself is disappointing in several respects. The lobby is small and unwelcoming. The art, extremely disappointing. The restaurant decor looks more like a young, hip, wanna be nightclub than a restaurant in a 5 star hotel. The food was on par with the decor, forgettable. The only positive thing about the food at this hotel was the prompt delivery from room service and the coffee.
The rooms are mediocre. The bathroom was extremely disappointing with a very small shower flush with the floor thus insuring water all over the floor. The tub was quite nice.
I arrived at 3:15 and my room was not ready. I waited on an uncomfortable couch without back support for approximately a half hour.
When I finally got a chance for a much needed massage, the disappointment continued. The Spa was being renovated. Of course I had not been advised of this in advance or I would not have stayed at the Four Seasons this trip. I felt rushed and after I changed into my robe, was asked to wait in a small, boring, waiting area where two male employees were talking. Not comfortable.
I then had to use the back, concrete stairs to go to the second floor where a makeshift room was used. Everything felt rushed. Decent massage but did not address the areas bothering me after I was asked to fill out a questionnaire for this very purpose.
All in all, certainly not what you expect from the Four Seasons at their considerable rate. The employees were very respectful and quite nice but the experience was a major disappointment and a complete rip off financially.

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger. Ask for a full size shower and separate tub.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Linda G
FourSeasonsHotelDC, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Dear Linda G,
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience and for choosing to stay at Four Seasons Washington. I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel’s Georgetown location, room service’s prompt delivery and our coffee. However, I am very disappointed that your overall stay was not what you expected and what we would have liked for you to experience. I’m sorry that your room was not ready upon arrival and that the overall décor of the hotel, restaurant and artwork was not to your liking. I would also like to apologize that our spa treatment rooms were being renovated causing a poor spa experience and that we did not inform you when making the room reservation. This is truly not what we strive for during any of our services. Most importantly, I’m saddened that you felt that your time with us did not represent Four Seasons. We would like to have the opportunity to discuss your stay in more detail as we take your comments seriously and want to improve in all areas. Rolf Lippuner, Director of Rooms will be reaching out to you personally today. You can also contact me if you wish. I only hope that you will give us another opportunity to regain your trust in us.
Respectfully,
Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

My husband and I spent our 1st anniversary at the Four Seasons in Georgetown and could not have been happier. The room was gorgeous and the spa was magnificent. We only stayed for one night but we can't wait to come back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Ndosedel,

Congratulations on your first wedding anniversary. Thank you for a great review and for celebrating such a special milestone with us. I am happy that we were able to provide the perfect setting for you and your husband to celebrate and that you were able to enjoy our spa services. We can’t wait to welcome you back for another getaway.

Best wishes,