“Head and shoulders above others”

Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC
Ranked #2 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Alexandria, Virginia
“Head and shoulders above others”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

The Four Seasons staff generally go out of their way to know and greet guests. This personalization is just one of the many special touches that set the hotel apart. I did experience one or two instances of less than stellar service from new staff at my last stay, however. I was quite irked to be woken up very early one morning to confirm that my husband could pick up a room key - especially since I'd called down to let the desk know to expect him and that I'd likely be asleep by the time he arrived. It's a little thing, but when the hotel sets the bar so high and regularly meets or exceeds expectations, even small problems are glaring!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
FourSeasonsHotelDC, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Hillary L,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback after your recent stay. I’m pleased that our staff was attentive to your needs and went out of their way to provide you and all of our guests with the personalized service Four Seasons strives to uphold. However, please accept my sincere apologies for disturbing your sleep and failing to follow up on your request. I hope you were able to enjoy the rest of your time with your husband.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best wishes for 2014,
Hotel General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

First rate service from the time you pull up to the front door, until the time you leave. Everyone is very helpful and friendly. It is a first rate experience and I am a Four Seasons guest for life! I highly recommend this hotel.

Dear Darrell D,

It is always wonderful to welcome you back to the hotel. It is very gratifying for all of us to hear that our staff was very helpful and friendly and after your experience with us you have become a Four Seasons guest for life!
Thank you for your feedback and the five star review. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in 2014.

Griffith, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

At the Four Seasons in Georgetown, I started off in a top floor room that was having vibration issues from an air handler. But the rest of the week was great once they changed my room. I had a very, very busy week of work to accomplish and this room facilitated many meetings and at times, allowed me to relax and recharge. Kudos to the exceptional staff that supported us while our team was there. Spectacular job.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear R C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our hotel after your recent stay with us. I’m very pleased that we were able to resolve the air handler issue upon your arrival and that you were able to have a very productive and enjoyable stay. Most importantly, I’m glad that you felt our staff was exceptional and that your room was comfortable and relaxing allowing you to have multiple meetings.
We look forward to welcoming you and your team back to Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC in 2014.

Happy New Year,
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

Was a wonderful stay in Georgetown. Very nice rooms and great service. Definitely recommend a meal at bourbon steak if you're there for a few days -- the salmon burger was amazing as was the veggie burger.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Josh R,

Thank you for the great review of Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC. I’m glad that you had a wonderful stay with us and were able to enjoy the burgers at Bourbon Steak.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Georgetown on your next trip to the DC.

Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

Was there for a meeting in early Dec. Great staff, wonderful room and best meeting space I have ever seen. Really liked that our meeting space included its own large foyer where our food and drinks were served/you could take calls, etc. rather than being stuck in a hallway which is what you get at every other hotel/conference center. Food was terrific too. Being in Georgetown area nice as well. Great restaurants/shopping right outside your door.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
FourSeasonsHotelDC, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear Loftinspace,

Thank you for your five star review of Four Seasons Washington. I am glad that you received excellent service and gratified to hear our meeting space was the best you have experienced. I’m also delighted that you enjoyed the food and drinks as well as our location in historic Georgetown. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon to our nation’s capital for your next meeting or vacation.

All the best,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

Stayed at Thanks Giving time with perfection.The bathroom was enormous and had the best bathtub I have ever experienced with a separate shower stall.
We ate at their in house restaurant for breakfast everyday and appreciate his servise who gave quality service us every day.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Yoshi N,

Thank you for your five star review of Four Seasons Washington. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit this Thanksgiving and appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. I’m also pleased that you enjoyed Seasons and received great service. I hope you will join us again on your next visit to Washington.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

incredible service and attention to detail.
nothing was left undone and the staff were amazing.
our suite was perfect and the gifts for the children were wonderful.
each day we had a special gift delivered to our room that was personalized for our family.
everyone knew our names and greeted us each time we were in the lobby, restaurant, gym or spa.
thank you!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
FourSeasonsHotelDC, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Boxwach,

Thank you for a wonderful review of Four Seasons Washington. I am glad that you received excellent service and were greeted by name throughout the hotel, restaurant, gym and spa. I’m also pleased that your suite was perfect for your family and that your children enjoyed their gifts. I hope you and your family will join us again when you are next in the nation’s capital.