“Daughters surprise wedding”

Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC
Ranked #1 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 7 January 2014

How do you invite 120 guests to an engagement party that is really a surprise wedding! You have it at the Four Seasons. I do not know where to start..... from the wedding coordinator Katie Shannon to BK the bellman, Luciano the event Captain, the front desk, security etc. etc. the staff was incredible. From the moment we started planning back in July I knew we found the perfect venue. The attention to detail was mind blowing, the fact that the staff kept the secret and seemed as happy as we where was so special. I cannot say enough about this property. The General Manager Dirk Burghartz should be so very proud of the remarkable team he has. I am sure that this not the first or last time that he will hear from a very happy guest. Again thanks Four Seasons for making Andrew and Rebecca's day so memorable.

Room Tip: All rooms we saw and stayed in where great!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
FourSeasonsHotelDC, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear cinglgar55,

Congratulations on your daughter’s wedding! We were thrilled to be part of the special surprise for your guests and create an unforgettable day for Andrew and Rebecca. I am particularly pleased that our staff provided you with exceptional service throughout the planning and execution of your daughter’s wedding. I've shared your review with Katie, BK, Luciano, and the rest of the team.
Thank you for sharing this wonderful review with us. We look forward to continuing to create memorable experiences for you and your family.

Best wishes for 2014,

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed at the FS Washington DC for 2 nights after spending a night at the FS Philadelphia, and the difference between both hotels was very apparent.

ROOMS: Top notch! Well-appointed and very clean

SERVICE: The front office staff were good, but the ones at Seasons and Bourbon Steak were really exceptional. They made us feel very much at home (especially the hostess for breakfast at Seasons). They were able to give a homey feeling in such classy surroundings.

LOCATION: Perfect! If you want to take the Big Bus tour, the bus stop is right outside the hotel. The shops and restaurants of Georgetown were right around the corner.

Our room was overlooking the courtyard (which wan under repair at that time), but I guess the view would have been beautiful in spring and summer.

One of the best hotels we've stayed in!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear David E,

Thank you for the five star review of our hotel. I’m very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, found our rooms to be top notch and our service in both Seasons and Bourbon Steak exceptional.
It’s very gratifying to hear such gracious comments about our staff and service.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the nation’s capital.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Excellent hotel. Service in every department was excellent from door, front of house, and back of house. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite and it was very spacious and well appointed. We enjoyed fabulous room service andvthey had wonderful amenities for the children as well as adults since we stayed over the new year.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear pkmiles,

Thank you for choosing to celebrate the new year with us. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed the amenities and received excellent service from all the departments throughout your stay.
We’ll have the two bedroom suite ready for you whenever your travels bring you back to Washington, DC.

Wishing you and your family the best for 2014,

Reviewed 5 January 2014

The best thing about the DC Four Seasons is its location and the staff. The building & rooms are very lovely, but not spectacular. The staff is delightful - they made an effort to remember my kids' names (is this a guideline of world class hotels? it gets my vote every time) and brought them cake with their name written in chocolate to our hotel room just after we arrived. They concierge was great and was in no rush to find us the perfect restaurant. The manager (I wish I could remember his name, a young guy) was so nice and said "Hi Mrs X how are you?" every time I walked by him.

The location is perfectly straddled between the capital attractions i.e. white house, memorials and Georgetown.

We stopped by for three nights on our way to our Xmas destination and stopped in DC one night on our way back and stayed at the Mandarin Oriental, which is nice but does not even remotely compare to the 4S.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear MSMLondon,

Thank you for the great review of Four Seasons Washington, DC. I’m pleased that you and your family enjoyed your three days with us and that our concierge’s could assist you with your restaurant recommendations. I’m most pleased that our staff consistently addressed you by name, and that the kids enjoyed their welcome amenity. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Georgetown soon.

Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

This is my second visit to Four Seasons DC. Nothing change, it's charming, amazing staff, excellent customer services and best location in DC.

The breakfast hall is the best place to meet people for work, you would see ambassadors, Chairmans and CEOs making deals every morning.

The location of the hotel is perfect, you will find tiny boutiques and shops on the same street and enjoy dc in morning jog path recommended by concierge.

Highly recommended.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear HJ1974,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our hotel after your recent stay with us. We are always happy to welcome you back to our hotel. I am glad that you had a wonderful stay with us and were able to enjoy some of the recommendations from our concierge.
When your travels bring you back to DC, we look forward to welcoming you to your home away from home in the nation’s capital.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

great location and nice hotel but the staff is not quite on par. You expect more from a luxury hotel at $700 a night, than just standard service. The hotel is really more adapted to business travelers.

Room Tip: very standard business rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear k v,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback after your recent stay. I’m pleased that you enjoyed our Georgetown location. However, I am disappointed that you did not receive the level of service we pride ourselves on. Please accept my sincere apologies. I would welcome an opportunity to speak with you further about your stay so that we can ensure our service and the experience we provide upholds to the high level Four Seasons is known for. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to regain your trust in us.

Most apologetically,

Reviewed 25 December 2013

I've stayed at this location around 40 nights in the last 2 years, and from day one, the service has been great. From Endale's smile at the door every time I got out of my car to Maria's attentiveness in making up the room (down to noticing that I had shaved my beard during one stay and leaving some aftershave next to my shaving kit the next day), everyone there goes out of their way to make you feel welcome. Add in the convenient location and the great food options (both at Bourbon Steak in the hotel, and within a block of the hotel in Georgetown) and it's a top-notch place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
FourSeasonsHotelDC, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear SVSVC,

Thank you for your loyalty these past two years and for taking the time to share your comments with us, especially about Endale and Maria’s attentive service. I’m very pleased that our entire staff went out of their way to make you feel welcome and that you enjoy our Georgetown location and Bourbon Steak when you stay with us.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in 2014 and hopefully meeting you in person.

Happy New Year,