“Perfect staycation”

Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC
Ranked #1 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My husband and I had a planned a long weekend in New York over President's day weekend but couldn't make it because of the snow storm. The grandparents were still able to babysit so we decided to get away for a couple of days.

The staff was friendly, the restaurants were excellent and its a great location so you can walk around Georgetown. Also, I was pleasantly surprised at how good the room service food was and the portions were huge.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NYCtoAustin
FourSeasonsHotelDC, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear NYCto Austin,

Thank you for your Five Star review. I am delighted that you and your husband could get away in spite of the snow and share a weekend at the Four Seasons Washington. It is very gratifying to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we exceeded your expectations overall. I know how rewarding it will be for the staff to hear your comments, particularly our Room Service team. Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

glorious.... lovely staff and stunning hotel... breakfast area awesome for watching the power players have their house of cards moment... quiet... georgetown delightful... beautiful place. nothing too much trouble for staff.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear londonhollytravels,

Thank you for your Five Star Review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and that we exceeded your expectations overall. It is very gratifying to hear such great feedback from the service and hospitality to the ambiance of the hotel. We hope to welcome you back again soon and thank you so much for taking the time to share your impressions.

Warm regards,
Hotel General Manager

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I've traveled a great deal in my life, and have never been as disappointed as I was with the Georgetown version of the chain. The room, rack rate $705 US, was small, the amenities in the room sparse, no general directory of services, room service menu scanty at best, and the toilet didn't shut off. At first I thought the plumbing was another room, no at 3 am I found it was my toilet gurgling like crazy. Second, I've never heard the word "unfortunately" so many times in my traveling career. I am a woman of a certain age, the staff all younger, were a tad condescending. Would I go back? Probably not. The Hay Adams or the Mayflower know what they are doing. Oh, and the handle on the loo door in the ballroom area came off and I got stuck in a stall.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
FourSeasonsHotelDC, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear NancyinChicago_13,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback following your recent stay at the Four Seasons Washington. I am disheartened to hear that we failed to deliver the level of service and hospitality you expected and one which the Four Seasons Washington has built its reputation on. I hope you will accept my sincere apologies for a disappointing stay. I appreciate your candid and constructive criticism as it is the best means we have of improving our service. I will be sharing your comments with our staff and use your feedback as a valuable learning tool. While we cannot change your past experience, I hope that you will give us another opportunity to restore your confidence. We would welcome the chance to make amends.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Had another great stay ath the Four Seasons in Georgetown. Very nice rooms and service that can't be beat. The gym is amazing - two levels with cardio upstairs and weight traning downstairs. Free fresh fruit, lime infused water. Great morning coffee bar. But at the end of the day, a great hotel is definted by the quality of its staff, their friendliness and focus on your needs. This Four Seasons, like most, check all the boxes.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John-Paul V
FourSeasonsHotelDC, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear John-Paul V,

Thank you for your Five Star review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that we exceeded your expectations overall. It is always great to hear from our guests and I look forward to sharing your wonderful comments with the staff. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

This brand knows how to treat their guest. Everything is always top notch Karen at check is one of the best in business. The rooms are spacious clean and cozy the amenities are also some of the best. The entire staff from the minute you enter the hotel is absolutely amazing. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
FourSeasonsHotelDC, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Michael S,

Thank you for your Five Star review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we exceeded your expectations overall. I look forward to sharing your comments with the staff who take great pride in striving to provide the best in service and hospitality to our guests. Thank you for your acknowledgement! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I've been all over the world for numerous events and Four Seasons is a hotel that I will always remember for the courtesy that they showed my family, their amenities, and all around hospitality. Excellent location, tremendous service, one happy customer!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dave N

Dear Dave N,

Thank you for your Five Star review. It is very gratifying to hear such great feedback . I am happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay and that we exceeded your expectations overall. Thank you again for taking the time to give us your wonderful comments about the service, amenities and hospitality. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Best breakfast egg white omelette I ever ate in a tranquil dining room looking outside - comforting: even in January.

Meeting was smoothly handled & did not think about any extraneous details. All was done. Like magic.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Travelartgolf,

Thank you for your Five Star review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast in Seasons and your meeting was handled smoothly. It is very rewarding for our Culinary and Event staff to have such great feedback and I will be sure to share it with them. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know of your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.