“Five Stars, but lacking atmosphere”

Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC
Ranked #2 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
New York City, New York
“Five Stars, but lacking atmosphere”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

As expected, this hotel offers exceptional service across the board. My husband was attending a conference in the hotel and myself and our daughter joined him for the two night stay. The check in was exceptional; the staff interacted with our daughter and wheeled out a cart of small toys for her to choose a couple.

It was the small details that really stood out - the crib was set up in our room, with beautiful bedding, spare diapers and wipes. The bath had a non slip kids mat, and baby shampoo, lotion etc. The hotel also provided a fridge for our daughters milk.

Unfortunately, our visit coincided with a snow storm, so we were trapped indoors for the most part. I found the hotel lacked atmosphere, there was not much happening in the common areas. However, I'm sure in better weather it is a busy place. I'd love to visit again in the Summer!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
FourSeasonsHotelDC, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Ak_Dublin,

Thank you for your recent 5 Star review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we exceeded your expectations with a seamless checkin and amenities for your daughter. I look forward to sharing your comments with the staff. We always appreciate it when our guests take the time to give us their feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

All the best to you and your family for the Holiday Weekend,

Dirk Burghartz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Try the white chocolate champagne cake! I've not had one that good since my 16th birthday in 1976! The fitness center is a wonderful experience -- clean machines, very nice saline pool, just warm enough whirlpool, and the women's locker room has literally everything you need! The staff and food was beyond excellent.

Definately returning!

Room Tip: The window do open ever so slightly, so if you want to open them while you sleep, ask for a room fac...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
FourSeasonsHotelDC, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear VLD_60,

Thank you for your 5 Star review. I am happy that you enjoyed your recent stay and plan on returning! That is something we always look forward to hearing. We have noted your guest room location preference and will be happy to confirm that on your next visit. We hope to welcome you back soon.

With best wishes,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I know .. it is a four seasons so one should expect to pay a bit more. But there are very nice hotels in DC (eg Park Hyatt, see my review on it) that are less pricey and as good (though not in Georgetown).
All is very nice, staff, decorum, room (not that modern but beautiful). The gym is very good, as the pool and jacuzzi.
The strength of the hotel is its location right at the start of Georgetown (eg at the back of the hotel, walk along the river and discover GT this way) and close to the business area (Washington Circle, Penn avenue ...). So good for both leisure and business.
The BIG drawback for me is breakfast: a la carte only (no buffet) and expensive. Does not get closer to the Park Hyatt one (buffet, reasonably priced and top quality products). Restaurant for the evening has great atmosphere and food (inc meat) but pricey.

All in, you will not be disappointed especially if you want to spend time in Georgetown, and if you do not mind paying a bit of a premium.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
dallas, texas
Reviewed 2 May 2014

From the moment I walked in, I knew it would be a fantastic stay. From the bell men to the front desk staff, everyone made me feel like a cherished guest and that they were so glad I was there. (It was a much different experience at the hotel where the conference I was attending was held -- everyone who worked there seemed like guests were annoying).

Unfortunately I didn't get to enjoy the hotel or my room as much as I would have liked, but I tried to make the most of the time I had. The room was lovely and the extra amenities provided via the Gal on the Go program were great -- loved the magazines, makeup remover cloths, a yummy treat, and the flat iron (all hotels should offer female travelers a flat iron!). I was really glad that I had a look at the hotel's website to learn about the new program.

At the well-equipped and spacious gym (at least by hotel standards), I was offered my choice of water (the usual bottled or a choice of speciality infused spa-waters in a eco-friendly cup) and enjoyed the fruit and coffee provided as a quick breakfast after my workout.

On my final day, I was able to enjoy Seasons for breakfast with my cousin and we had a wonderful meal -- food was delicious, service was attentive but unobtrusive, and they encouraged us to linger a little longer than we probably should have. As I was leaving the hotel that afternoon after picking up my bags, our waiter even said goodbye to me and hoped that I had a pleasant stay. All in all, another fabulous Four Seasons stay and this property was my favorite so far.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear jooles_p,

Thank you for your 5 Star review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and particularly the Spa and our new Gal on the Go amenities. We really appreciate hearing from our guests who take the time to give us their feedback and suggestions for our new programs like Girl on the Go. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

ctyankee20
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We great rooms-absolutely beautiful. Great gym pool and nice casual restaurant (Seasons). The formal restaurant is a little "night clubby" and loud to be family friendly but that was a small outlier in otherwise great weekend. We travelled with our children and the Hotel is very good at personal touches particularly those aimed at children.The location is a little low down in Georgetown but is still a manageable walk to the sites.

Room Tip: We had rooms 280 and 287 which we beautiful but near the garbage pick up which made for a lot of noi...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
FourSeasonsHotelDC, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear ctyankee20,

Thank you for your recent 5 Star review. I really appreciate your taking the time to give us your feedback and am delighted that you and your family not only enjoyed your stay but that we exceeded your expectations overall. I have noted your comments about your room location for future stays and again, appreciate your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Four Seasons Washington soon.

With best wishes,
Sana'a
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Very comfortable and elegant. Staff are very helpful and would go the extra mile to help. Was offered a stroller for my baby and umberallas were offered during the rainy days. Its not the value of the stroller or umberalla, but for being ready to acommodate the guest in all possible ways.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear WalidNajar,

Thank you for your recent 5 Star review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that we exceeded your expectations overall. I am sorry that the weather did not cooperate but glad to hear that we could assist with a stroller and umbrella. Hopefully, we will have another chance to welcome you and your family back soon with sunnier skies. Thank you again for your feedback.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Enjoyed my stay. The staff is very helpful. Transportation to the rest of D.C. was not a problem. My stay was felt luxurious and safe. The staff even made sure we had our umbrellas on the day the forecast predicted rain.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Patty S,

Thank you for your recent 5 Star review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that we surpassed your expectations overall. Unfortunately, it's still raining outside with more in the forecast so we will keep the umbrellas near. Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon with hopefully, sunshine and blue skies.

All the best,