“Great Location”

Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC
Ranked #1 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 17 June 2014

It doesn't look big from the outside but once you walk inside the place is spacious and immaculate.
The lobby has a luxurious waiting room that feels like you're inside a private home of an upscale couple.
I stayed with a few friends with rooms on the fourth level - all ranging from a 2 bedroom suite to a single room. Each room was nice and large and felt comfortable.
The area was beautiful. You could walk along the main street and visit many shops, and close by is the oldest stone house in DC. Then behnd the hotel is a canal you can walk along a nice dirt path for a few blocks (we never made it to the end). And the hotel is about a 10-15 minute drive from major sites (The White House, The Reflection Pond, Abraham Lincoln Memorial, and more)
Overall we had a pleasant stay and loved the city!

Room Tip: Ask if you can get a view of the canal/stream or a single room at the end of a hallway as those tend...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Dirk B, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Trina214,

Thank you for your 5 Star review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we exceeded your expectations overall. We are fortunate to be in a beautiful area in the heart of Georgetown. I am glad that you had the chance to walk along the canal, shop and experience many of the great sights nearby, especially the old Stone house.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back soon.

With best wishes,

Reviewed 15 June 2014

After a grueling week of work and fifth grade "graduation" celebrations, I was in desperate need of some time alone--no phone, no iPad, no one talking to me or asking for their lost homework. The spa at the Four Seasons was perfect. A tall, handsome man parked my car...guessing he was the valet:) (3-hrs parking included). I checked in 2hours before my massage appt to take advantage of the whirlpool, sauna and steam room. All fantastic. The facilities are lovely--what you'd expect from a Four Seasons. Super clean, elegant, exactly perfect. Even though it was a Saturday, I never felt crowded or rushed. It was quiet and peaceful and incredibly relaxing. My only minor complaint was that the front desk left a smoothie I had ordered sitting behind the counter until I got up to inquire. In all, this was the absolute perfect relaxing "time-out" I needed. Exceptional service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Gail B, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Kxantho,

Thank you for your 5 Star review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay and that we could provide a haven for you following a challenging week of fifth grade graduation celebrations! I appreciate your taking the time to give us your wonderful feedback and will be sure to share it with the staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Four Seasons Washington soon and having the chance to offer you a peaceful oasis.

With best wishes,

Reviewed 14 June 2014

The service was fabulous. The staff always addressed us by name--even when we first stepped up to the desk to register, prompted "mysteriously" by the attendant parking our car. The spa and exercise room are great, and the food very good in the Seasons restaurant. The new wine bar, Eno, is also very nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your 5 Star review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the service throughout the hotel from the Spa to ENO. Since the FIFA World Cup began ENO will have a TV available to show all the games while you enjoy a selection of wines and selected cheeses and chocolate. We'd love to have you join us.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Four Seasons Washington and ENO soon.

All the best,

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Great location, perfect for walking anywhere in Georgetown and the same great service I've experienced at most Four Seasons properties. This hotel seemed like the spot to be. The bar in the lobby was always full with a fun, smart crowd and the restaurant, Bourbon Steak, was delicious. The hotel concierge set us up with a fabulous tour guide from A Tour De Force.
I got a massage at the spa and have no complaints there either.

For my personal photos and more on what to do in Washington D.C. please visit my travel blog here:

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Misha G
Gail B, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Misha G,

Thank you for your 5 Star review. As a "seasoned" traveler, I am glad to hear that we provided the great level of service you've experienced and expect from Four Seasons Hotels. As you said, we are in the perfect locale for touring, shopping, dining and getting in a good exercise workout walking around picturesque Georgetown.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Four Seasons Washington soon.

All the best,

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Location, Service, Experience were excellent! Everything was outstanding. This experience was exceptional. The location is perfect and property is beautiful!! Easy access to shopping, dining options, walking, hiking and boating. I recommend this property for both business and leisure travel.

Room Tip: Make sure to dine at the property!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Andrea G,

Thank you for your 5 Star review. It is very rewarding to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we exceeded your expectations overall with our service and amenities. Thank you for taking taking the time to give us your feedback. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Everything was outstanding. This experience was exceptional. The location is perfect and property is beautiful!! My husband and I enjoyed feeling pampered.
We were treated to a beautiful small cake and a bottle of champagne to celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary. It was above and beyond!!
I hope we are privileged to visit this amazing place again.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank LeahEliz
Gail B, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear LeahEliz,

Thank you for your 5 Star Review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, especially on such a special occasion as your wedding annniversary and that we exceeded your expectations overall. We truly appreciate your taking the time to give us your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

With my belated Congratulations and Best Wishes,

DIrk Burghartz

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We recently held my daughter's wedding at the Four Seasons Hotel in Washington, DC. We also stayed there for one night. The catering department and the wedding coordinator organized the event to perfection. Food, service and drinks were fantastic. The room we had was immaculately clean and very tastefully decorated. Every hotel employee we encountered was nice, cheerful, polite and very professional. The chef went out of his way to accommodate us with our food need. I am writing this review on behalf of 177 family members and friends who were invited to the party. Everyone had praise for the hospitality we received at the Fpur seasons Hotel, Washington, DC. Thanks.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Gail B, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Farhad A,

Thank you for your recent 5 Star review. I am so happy to hear that you and your family (all 177!) enjoyed your daughter's wedding at the Four Seasons Washington. We were honored to be your hotel of choice for such a milestone event in your lives. I look forward to sharing your wonderful comments with the staff and know how much it will mean to them, particularly our Catering team. It is very rewarding and gratifying.

My belated congratulations and best wishes and we hope to welcome you and your family back to the Four Seasons Washington again soon.