“Close to perfection”

Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC
Ranked #1 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 30 August 2014

The staff could not have been more pleasant and welcoming. Concierge Michael literally gave me his personal bow tie when I could not locate my own. Perfect wedding venue. Food was delicious. Great proximity to shops and sights. Beautiful artwork throughout. Made my son and new daughter's wedding one of the greatest experiences imaginable. Thank you.

2  Thank Steve S
Dirk B, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear Steve S,

Thank you for your Five Star review. I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the Four Seasons Washington, particularly for such a milestone occasion as your son's wedding. I know how much your great feedback will mean to our staff. And our Concierge, Michael will be pleased he could lend his "personal Bow tie" for such a special event!

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Four Seasons Washington. With my belated Congratulations and best wishes to the Bride and Groom!

There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC

Reviewed 28 August 2014

I recently stayed at the Four Seasons (Aug. 22 weekend) in D.C., my first time at a Four Seasons. The experience was "over the top." Loved swimming in the salt lap pool, and Aziza in the club was so friendly, giving me tips on how to make the best iced coffee. Concierge Michael Chase also was amazing, printing out my boarding pass, sending it up to room in envelope and figuring out the new Metro/bus schedule to get to the airport.

Everyone in hotel was extremely friendly. The beds were super comfortable. Great location. Wedding was fantastic.

1  Thank Lisa F
Dirk B, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Lisa F,

Thank you for your Five Star review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that we exceeded your expectations overall, especially on such a special occasion as a wedding. I look forward to sharing your wonderful feedback with the staff, particularly Aziza and Michael. I know how much your acknowledgement of their professionalism will mean to them.

We hope to welcome you back to the Four Seasons Washington soon and send all our best wishes to you for the Holiday Weekend.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Recently had the pleasure of staying at the Four Seasons in Georgetown for 5 nights for training and was amazed at the level of service exhibited by each person I came into contact with. The staff, from housekeeping to wait staff, doorman to concierge, all seemed to have pride in their work and cheerfully executed their duties. I would say they seemed to take ownership of their position and it certainly was felt by me! The bed was luxurious comfort after a long day and the beautiful bath room was a relaxation haven! I enjoyed the clean, well equipped gym with lemon water and other drinks available. I had to ask the concierge staff questions so often I was a bit embarrassed! The advice they gave me on dining and providing for any needs we had was spot on. I enjoyed the location as well and felt comfortable, even in the evening, walking in the area. I enjoyed the international atmosphere as well as the history of our own great country. This is a memory I'll enjoy for long, long time!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Dirk B, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Debbie M,

Thank you for your Five Star review. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I truly appreciate your taking the time to let us know about it in detail - from your gracious impressions of the staff and service to the Georgetown location and international atmosphere. I am glad that you have an enjoyable memory of your stay and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Four Seasons Washington, DC for many more visits and memories!!

With our best wishes for the Holiday Weekend,

Reviewed 25 August 2014

I've stayed in many luxery and upscale hotels around the world. I do love the Four Seasons generally. I visited during August -- an unusally and very pleasant and cool August -- and was hoping to spend much time working and relaxing on the outdoor patio. The ambiance overall is lovely, the food delightful, and the staff impeccible. The music drove us to another venue.

They DO have great music! The morning playlist in the breakfast area and breakfast patio was wonderful, perfectly suited to the mood and surroundings.

Yes, I'll stay here again, but will take my clients, and our meal and beverage tab, elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a 'canal-side' room. One wing of the hotel faces an exit ramp off of the Rock Creek...

Dear VLD_60,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at the Four Seasons Washington, DC. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the overall ambiance of the hotel and the food and service. I will be sure to share your comments about the outdoor patio music with our Bourbon Steak General Manager, Mark Politzer and thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback. We hope to welcome you back soon and send our best wishes for the Holiday weekend.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Enjoy every time I stay at the Four Seasons in Georgetown (usually for events). This time in particular, I slept so well in those comfy beds. If you are planning to eat breakfast at the hotel, I recommend taking advantage of coffee & tea in lobby rather spending $6 for a cup of coffee at breakfast. The crab omelet at Seasons was particularly delicious!!!

2  Thank steveNlaureNsnoop
Dirk B, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Laurmingo,

Thank you for your 5 Star reveiw. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stays at the Four Seasons Washington, DC and appreciate your feedback about the "comfy beds" following your recent visit. We changed our bedding this year which included new mattresses in all our guestrooms. It's wonderful to have such great feedback. We thank you for your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to the Four Seasons Washington, DC again soon.

All the best,

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We love this Four Seasons hotel. It is in a great location at the edge of Georgetown. It's not a huge hotel, but it has a lot of class. It feels warm and welcoming. Whenever we go to Washington DC, we stay here. The staff are friendly and efficient. It's overall a great experience. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phil M
Dirk B, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Phil M,

Thank you for your Five Star review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your gracious words about the service and staff. It is very gratifying to know that when your travels bring you to DC, we can look forward to welcoming you back to the Four Seasons Washington.

All the best,

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Positives:
1. Comp wify in the room for two devices.
2. Convenient privacy and maid service lights - much better than the dangling door handle messages.
3. World's best shower with fabulous pressure - also nice amenities and makeup mirror.
4. Efficient and professional maid service. The room was always clean and tidy.
5. Nice hangers, closet light and safe.
6. Two complimentary bottles of water each day.
7. Five star service at the front desk.
8. LOVED the availability of scissors, stapler and paper clips in the desk drawer, along with two handy electrical plugs for charging your devices.
Negatives:
1. No space in the refrigerator to place anything. It is too jam packed with hotel beverages.
2. No coffee maker in the room although you can request one.
3. It's expensive but then we usually get what we pay for.

Room Tip: There are two banks of elevators. Although the West Wing seems quieter it is further from the lobby...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Dirk B, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear United50K,

Thank you for your 5 Star review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that we exceeded your expectations overall. We love feedback and really appreciate your taking the time to share your impressions of the hotel from the service to the amenities.

As you mentioned, we are happy to arrange for a coffee maker on request and also note at the time to provide it on all future stays. We have a major guestroom renovation scheduled in 2015 and one of the amenities will be to provide coffee makers in all the guestrooms.

Thank you again for your detailed feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Four Seasons Washington soon.

With best wishes,