Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC
Phoenix Park Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$416
US$371
  • Restaurant
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
US$550
US$347
US$321
US$382
US$332
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Sofitel Washington DC(Washington DC)
US$402
US$378
  • Room Service
Hotel Lombardy(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$356
US$286
US$455
US$378
  • Bar/Lounge
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$349
US$289
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
US$498
US$413
  • Pool
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$449
US$361
Travelocity
1,184 results
All reviewsbourbon steakseasons restaurantgeorgetown locationroom serviceluxury hotelconcierge deskm streethotel experiencethe location is perfecta wonderful stayfitness centerwonderful hotelwhite housespafssuitebrunch
Reviewed 31 December 2008

Interesting how experiences can differ so substantially. My family and I just returned after a 7 night stay. This was, as a family, our second visit to the Four Seasons in Georgetown.

The renovations were still ongoing but perhaps are slowing down. We were on the fifth floor and did not notice any noise from the time that we went to bed to the time that we woke up. There was noise during the day but we were not sitting in our room so that was not a problem. While the loss of the grand lobby (they are still using the temporary lobby) was disappointing, it was not the end of the world. I am not impressed with the addition of Bourbon Steak and view it primarly as a revenue play as opposed to enhancing the hotel. However, it is hard to blame the hotel for that. The renovations are moving towards a contemporary look and away from the warm and open 70's look that I loved. I do not like the change but that is an issue of personal taste.

We had no issues with the concierge desk and found them helpful. All of the staff was warm and provided assistence when needed. The fitness facilities were excellent and the pool was great for the kids. The location of the hotel is just superb, being in Georgetown but outside of areas which are high traffic and noisy. It is an easy walk to the memorials and the museums or a short cab ride.

Putting aside the price of accommodations, which is also a personal matter, we once again found the property to be wonderful. I love this hotel and would be thrilled to be fortunate enough to come back here again.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
5  Thank Canadian-Beagle
Reviewed 22 December 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Four Seasons Washington DC from December 11-14, 2008. It was by far the worst hotel stay we have ever experienced.
From check in to checkout it was an unbearable experience. We left a few days early...it was just too much to endure. I won't go into every detail of the trip but I will caution anyone that is thinking about staying their to think again!
The hotel is under heavy construction. Do not be fooled by the front desk, bell staff, concierge and sales...they will say that they are undergoing "light" renovations. Every morning (including Saturday and Sunday) we were awoken at 6:35am with loud drilling, banging, knocking, sawing etc. If that wasn't bad enough, through out the day, the fire alarm went off 4 times.
When I attempted to address these issues with the front desk they told me that there was nothing they could do and upon early check out they were rude to my husband and I as we expressed our disappointment in our stay.
Bottom line: Don't waste your time or money.
Other highlights of our trip: Room service was horrible, salty and cold (we order soup!) there was a small bug in our room (it was dead on the ceiling). The door man broke one of my bags upon check in (it was raining and my shoes feel into a puddle of water). Front desk (especially Micheal) and concierge were continuously rude to my husband and I. We waited 25 minutes for our car upon checkout . The garage is in the building. The concierge was incompetent (older man). We asked for directions to a popular Thai restaurant...not only did he send us to the wrong place but he gave us a piece of paper with chicken scratch (I am not exaggerating, no one would have been able to read this). Why would the Four Seasons hire such an incompetent concierge person? I am sure that this is not the first time he has done this.
***That hotel is a mess! Very chaotic, under heavy construction and the staff is rude and incompetent.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
8  Thank NewYorkCityExplorer
Reviewed 26 November 2008

Along with noisy renovation, which has knocked out once-grand lobby and public space, seems like hotel is understaffed at present (11 rings to get a telephone operator).
during my stay, there were many non working items (cable tv, no hot water in shower), along with annoying service items (maids who would knock on door even when do not disturb light on, no newspaper delivered, and hair in bathtub from a previous guest!). this is definitely not what the four seasons hotel used to be like!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
6  Thank platinummedallion
Reviewed 15 November 2008

It will COST you for going in and out of that hotel at least $20/$25.00 to leave; everyone has their hands out and upon the return if you run thou the front door you can get out of paying to return to your $1200.00 a-day room.

They did not tell me upon booking the room there is a 44millondollar 7 day construction project underway tough September 2009 with drilling starting at 7:45AM on going all day.

Even thou the service are more 4stars than 5stars I was not very happy with the staff, the front door when asked about a ATM said they were somewhere on in the street, also very hard to understand them when you only know English. Also forget about the cabs in Washing DC they do not take credit cards. When I ask for a limo at the hotel they said it would take an hour or two before I would get one and when I did say I would need one with a two hour notices they said that the company they use was sold out no other help was given unless I show some green. The only thing green I did like was the Green Frog you put on the bed at night if you did not want to change your linens on daily basis.

Very Pretty hotel but I will pass next time. – Billy Amato (NYC)

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank Advisor_Guy_2008
Reviewed 30 October 2008

Property is very tastefully-decorated and also bears that unblemished appearance and scent-free fresh cleanliness that only a quiet, unseen army of well-trained staff can create. There was nary any evidence of the enormous construction project underway; in fact, the temporary entrance itself was intimate and graceful. The extensive spa and gym were a pleasure (and silent, too!) - sun-filled and well-staffed. Room was spacious and luxurious and room service food was superlative. The Four Seasons makes it difficult on themselves: they set our expectations enormously-high and then exceed them. Really extraordinary.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple