“Good business hotel in a nice location (Georgetown)”

Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC
Ranked #1 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 8 October 2009

Stayed 3 nights in a nice and convenient corner of Georgetown, nothing beats the location here - walks to the river front entertainment and trendy shopping/dinning centers of the town, everything is within 5-10 minutes by foot, even the campus of Georgetown University is within 20-minutes walk. The amenity and service are not as good as other Four Seasons I stayed, but since it is a Four Seasons nonetheless, the par should be high.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC

Reviewed 18 July 2009

I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Washington. We lived in DC for many years, and staying at the Four Seasons truly feels like being back home. Actually even more comfortable than home, since I didn't get quite twice a day housekeeping in my own home...

We have always liked Four Seaons because of the fact that they make you feel very welcome and extremely comfortable. Some properties are better than others, but, are almost uniformly, exceptional hotels. Perhaps the renovation leaves something to be desired with what they have done to the Bar and Restaurant in the lobby, but that did not really interfere with our stay. We may have liked to enjoy a drink at the bar, but the scene was not to our liking so we skipped the drink. And, realistically speaking, with the rooms being as comfortable as they are, I see no need to spend much time in the lobby at night. During the day, it is a perfectly nice lobby. We found the front desk and bell staff very attentive.

The rooms were beautiful. We had connecting rooms with our children (premiere double and premiere king rooms) and they were wonderfully appointed. We did not miss anything. The only thing I found interesting was that my children's room had a sofa, two desk chairs and a much larger bathroom with double sink and larger tub. We only had one sitting chair and a single sink. Not a big deal for a quick visit where we did not spend much time in our rooms, but might mention next time. Bedding was extremely comfortable - made getting up in the morning very difficult! And the rooms were very quiet. They had very nice tvs and lighting in the rooms. Housekeeping did an excellent job both in the morning and at turndown.

The location of the Four Seasons is also great. We are not huge fans of the traffic and crowds in Georgetown, but it is nice to have the option to get there easily at the right times. Four Seasons is right at the edge of Georgetown and very convenient to Foggy Bottom and more towards "downtown," such as it is. You can get to much on foot, and most everything else within the more "touristy" parts of DC are very close and easy to get to, whether by taxi, bus, or metro if you don't want to use your car.

In checking hotel rates for this particular trip, I did find many decent hotels with lower rates, but felt that we got our money's worth at the Four Seasons, and do not mind paying more if they maintain the high quality that we experienced, which we found much better than other hotels we have stayed in in DC. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2009

At its best, Four Seasons is the creme de la creme of hotel chains. There are sub-standard Four Seasons, but the one in Washington, DC is easily one of the best, if not the best of the chain.

The property is gorgeous (the renovation is completely finished), the rooms are stunning and comfortable. The service is not only at the usual Four Seasons standard, but is absolutely among the best of any hotel in this chain that prides itself on its stellar service.

The new restaurant is outstanding. I took my two young children there and they loved every minute of it. The food was inventive but straightforward, and they even have an excellent kids' menu.

We also ordered room service, and it was always excellent and arrived promptly.

They have an incredible spa and fitness center and a great pool my kids loved.

While none of this comes cheap, given the quality of the property, if you consider how much you get for the buck, it's actually an outstanding value.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank BrooklynGarcon
Reviewed 16 February 2009

As stated in the title I am a very picky guest when it comes to a hotel. We have stayed in the best hotels all over the world. I have stayed in many Four Seasons including the Beverley Hills property which I frequented as my family lived close by. I am very emphatic about this review as I read a lot of negative reviews on the Four Seasons in D.C. It was by far the best of the best. In every way this staff is to be commended. The room was gorgeous and every single staff member was beyond helpful!! It was romantic, quiet, peaceful and furthur more we had all of Georgetown at our fingetips!!! The concierge was beyond helpful, in every way he tried to deliver. The room was immaculate, which is a priority for me and the reception gentelman from Australia was perfect. If you want a GREAT getaway go for it, YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Katya525
Reviewed 8 February 2009

Visitors be warned: the lovely Seasons restaurant now only serves breakfast, while the lobby lounge has been gutted and replaced by a steakhouse. What were the loveliest hotel public spaces in DC are now no more. Management on the phone confirms that they have no intention of operating a real restaurant or of providing a quiet lobby experience for tea, snacks, and the like. Very hard to figure.

Stayed: January 2009
4  Thank Caseyvtb
Reviewed 31 December 2008

Interesting how experiences can differ so substantially. My family and I just returned after a 7 night stay. This was, as a family, our second visit to the Four Seasons in Georgetown.

The renovations were still ongoing but perhaps are slowing down. We were on the fifth floor and did not notice any noise from the time that we went to bed to the time that we woke up. There was noise during the day but we were not sitting in our room so that was not a problem. While the loss of the grand lobby (they are still using the temporary lobby) was disappointing, it was not the end of the world. I am not impressed with the addition of Bourbon Steak and view it primarly as a revenue play as opposed to enhancing the hotel. However, it is hard to blame the hotel for that. The renovations are moving towards a contemporary look and away from the warm and open 70's look that I loved. I do not like the change but that is an issue of personal taste.

We had no issues with the concierge desk and found them helpful. All of the staff was warm and provided assistence when needed. The fitness facilities were excellent and the pool was great for the kids. The location of the hotel is just superb, being in Georgetown but outside of areas which are high traffic and noisy. It is an easy walk to the memorials and the museums or a short cab ride.

Putting aside the price of accommodations, which is also a personal matter, we once again found the property to be wonderful. I love this hotel and would be thrilled to be fortunate enough to come back here again.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
5  Thank Canadian-Beagle
Reviewed 22 December 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Four Seasons Washington DC from December 11-14, 2008. It was by far the worst hotel stay we have ever experienced.
From check in to checkout it was an unbearable experience. We left a few days early...it was just too much to endure. I won't go into every detail of the trip but I will caution anyone that is thinking about staying their to think again!
The hotel is under heavy construction. Do not be fooled by the front desk, bell staff, concierge and sales...they will say that they are undergoing "light" renovations. Every morning (including Saturday and Sunday) we were awoken at 6:35am with loud drilling, banging, knocking, sawing etc. If that wasn't bad enough, through out the day, the fire alarm went off 4 times.
When I attempted to address these issues with the front desk they told me that there was nothing they could do and upon early check out they were rude to my husband and I as we expressed our disappointment in our stay.
Bottom line: Don't waste your time or money.
Other highlights of our trip: Room service was horrible, salty and cold (we order soup!) there was a small bug in our room (it was dead on the ceiling). The door man broke one of my bags upon check in (it was raining and my shoes feel into a puddle of water). Front desk (especially Micheal) and concierge were continuously rude to my husband and I. We waited 25 minutes for our car upon checkout . The garage is in the building. The concierge was incompetent (older man). We asked for directions to a popular Thai restaurant...not only did he send us to the wrong place but he gave us a piece of paper with chicken scratch (I am not exaggerating, no one would have been able to read this). Why would the Four Seasons hire such an incompetent concierge person? I am sure that this is not the first time he has done this.
***That hotel is a mess! Very chaotic, under heavy construction and the staff is rude and incompetent.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple