Stayed here for July 4th in Washington. The hotel is in a very quiet and exclusive area of Georgetown, just a block from Foggy Bottom subway station, and the Watergate hotel (has a small shopping centre there). Surrounded by beautiful old houses - it's a really nice location. We were able to walk to the Washington Monument area in about 20 minutes, and the Potomac river is nearby for jogging and walking paths. Just keep your eyes open for where you are - we found it very confusing with the diagonal New Hampshire Ave, and the fact that our hotel doesn't have a large sign.
The hotel was formerly apartments, so the rooms are very large and spacious. They are old, but our room was clean and comfortable. Ours had a kitchen attached, complete with huge fridge, range and even a dishwasher! However, for hand washing there were no dishcloths, detergent, hand towels or the like - we had to ask for them. Bed was very comfortable, air conditioning powerful, everything worked in the room. There are a few powerpoints around, but you have to hunt for them. Vending machines for water and snack foods are in the lobby, as is a computer with printer for guest use. Wireless internet is available free - we had a fast connection.
There is a guest laundry available, but note that the dryer doesn't seem to have an off switch! Good value for money, but keep an eye on your clothes, particularly if you have delicate items in there. There is an Italian restaurant attached to the hotel which was good for dinner. We didn't eat breakfast in the hotel as we bought our own food to use in our kitchen.
Staff were friendly if needed - I found them rather hands-off, but this is Washington DC where most people are like that. All-in-all we had a pleasant stay at the George Washington University Inn - it's a quiet location but very handy to subway and some stores, a spacious room and good place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Decidedly Distinctive and Charming... The University Inn Washington DC., evokes thoughts of a visit to a country inn in New England. Drive into the Inn and it is like coming home, the environment is warm, welcoming and cozy. This intimate Inn is located in one of DC's most desirable neighborhoods, Foggy Bottom, surrounded by 19th century homes on tree lined streets and serves as a reminder of when time stood still. Enjoy classic tradition blended with individualized comfort and welcoming features including: Spacious rooms and suites- appointed with every comfort imaginable for short leisure visits or extended business stays Convenient location close to exciting Washington, DC attractions and area events. 1,500 Square feet of elegant meeting and event space- ideal for intimate gatherings of up to 50. Special rates for government travel Convenient access to The George Washington University campus events and facilities. We will see you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your University Inn Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- George Washington University Hotel Washington Dc
- George Washington University Dc