We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Our room was free of street noise. I did not hear noise from others most of the time that we were there, but I did hear talking, from adjacent rooms, on the other sides of the walls, one morning. The staff could not have been nicer, from the time we checked in to the moment we checked out. The water by the reception desk was wonderful, with lemon and lime cut in--very refreshing. I didn't realize anything was added until a friend asked--there was soda added. I would have liked to have known that before making the choice to drink it. The room was very nice--nicely decorated, clean (for the most part) and the carpets felt fine. Our second day there, there was hair in the bath tub, which made us wonder how attentive housekeeping had been. The only really bad thing about our stay is that the bathroom floor was really slippery, and my friend and I both slipped. We tried to be very careful after our first experiences, but I still injured my shoulder in a slip one day, and my toes in a slip another. (Both "injuries" were fleeting, but painful at the time they happened. It may be because of the cleaning supplies used. We did report the slippery floor to the front desk; they seemed very interested in guest services there, so this is something that they may take care of promptly. I hope so! Parking was $30 a night, and we were not using our car the entire time, but it was what it was. (Most D.C. hotels charge for parking....) I would stay here again, if the pricing were right for the time, etc. It is in a very pretty, convenient area, right by the Metro and within walking distance of many sites and areas of interest. I was on a high floor and did not hear any noise from outside. The hotel is in a quiet area, so even lower floors might be quiet. The hotel is down the street from a hospital but I did not hear sirens.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Decidedly Distinctive and Charming... The University Inn Washington DC., evokes thoughts of a visit to a country inn in New England. Drive into the Inn and it is like coming home, the environment is warm, welcoming and cozy. This intimate Inn is located in one of DC's most desirable neighborhoods, Foggy Bottom, surrounded by 19th century homes on tree lined streets and serves as a reminder of when time stood still. Enjoy classic tradition blended with individualized comfort and welcoming features including: Spacious rooms and suites- appointed with every comfort imaginable for short leisure visits or extended business stays Convenient location close to exciting Washington, DC attractions and area events. 1,500 Square feet of elegant meeting and event space- ideal for intimate gatherings of up to 50. Special rates for government travel Convenient access to The George Washington University campus events and facilities. We will see you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelsClick so you can book your University Inn Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- George Washington University Hotel Washington Dc
- George Washington University Dc