So I was there in early December and it was Cold…before I get to the problems I want to say the room was a good size but slightly dated. The bathroom was clean with nice soaps, shampoo etc.. but the cabinet was deteriorating and old. It had a nice little kitchenette with a fridge etc. The bed was comfortable and again the sheets and blankets clean. I was given a room on the "first" floor, one above the main floor and looking out on the parking area so I heard every time they set/opened a car lock. The biggest issue was that it was cold especially the floor-I believe the room was above the garage. But it got worse as the heat went out completely Friday night while we were sleeping so when I woke up it was crazy cold. I turned up the heat-thinking it was my fault-but when it didn't improve I called downstairs and they finally said it was out in the whole hotel…I did get a small space heater that was not able to do much but I appreciated the effort. It would have been nice to have been informed of the outage via a message. When asking about when the heat would be fixed the staff replied that they were cold too, I had to remind them that they were being paid while we were paying... Late that afternoon the heat was fixed when we returned. Unfortunately the floor remained cold throughout our stay but at least the heat worked. The hotel gave us a small comp for the heat issues which was fair. The positives of the hotel are definitely the restaurant and bar, both are exceptional. We had a great dinner and the bar tender was very friendly and knowledgeable. Also the location is amazing. I would stay here again but request an upper floor away from the elevator, and maybe request an updated room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Decidedly Distinctive and Charming... The University Inn Washington DC., evokes thoughts of a visit to a country inn in New England. Drive into the Inn and it is like coming home, the environment is warm, welcoming and cozy. This intimate Inn is located in one of DC's most desirable neighborhoods, Foggy Bottom, surrounded by 19th century homes on tree lined streets and serves as a reminder of when time stood still. Enjoy classic tradition blended with individualized comfort and welcoming features including: Spacious rooms and suites- appointed with every comfort imaginable for short leisure visits or extended business stays Convenient location close to exciting Washington, DC attractions and area events. 1,500 Square feet of elegant meeting and event space- ideal for intimate gatherings of up to 50. Special rates for government travel Convenient access to The George Washington University campus events and facilities. We will see you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your University Inn Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- George Washington University Hotel Washington Dc
- George Washington University Dc