Arc The. Hotel
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
US$211
US$201
  • Restaurant
State Plaza Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$183
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$321
US$284
US$200
US$166
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Phoenix Park Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$185
  • Restaurant
Hotel Lombardy(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$183
US$232
US$194
  • Bar/Lounge
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$280
US$251
  • Breakfast included
US$251
US$192
Hotels.com
  • Pool
The Watergate Hotel Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$469
US$401
1,471 results
All reviewskennedy centerfoggy bottomwhole foodslincoln memorialgreat locationgwu campusquiet neighborhoodone bedroom suitemetro stationattached restaurantwalking distanceolder hotelblue linewhite housenational mallbit datedminute walk
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I lived and worked for a number of years in Foggy Bottom before most of the hotels came to the area. The GWU Inn reminds me of some of the European urban hotels tucked into corners of Paris, Rome, etc. It is remarkably quiet, well furnished and was spotless in all public and private areas. The one bedroom suite I stayed in with my teen son was larger than most one bedroom apartments in DC and included a spacious living room and a kitchen with a table, stove, microwave, dishwasher and a full complement of pots, pans, dishes and utensils! The service was professional and much friendlier than I got when I had stayed at the Fairmont during previous DC trips and in fact this was MUCH better than the Fairmont in general. I was so sad that we were only spending two nights at the hotel because it deserved a week of my time! I will recommend this to all my friends and will be back more quickly than expected.

Room Tip: If you can get a one bedroom suite, go for it! Mine was on the 25th street side of the building and had a view of Georgetown, Key Bridge and the Kennedy Center.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Jared B, Front Office Manager at Arc The. Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Mary Beth M,

WOW! Thank you for the awesome review. I am so glad to see that you really enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to having you AND your friends staying with us for your trips to DC.

Thanks again!!

Jared Bairstow
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Actually for this area of DC not to bad. I typically stay at their sister property Circle. It is a little warn but clean and tidy. The staff is very good and made me very comfortable which I have found untypical near the Capital and Georgetown. Five minute walk to a variety of types of restaurant. I recommend Dish and the hotel restaurant.

Two only real complaints the hotel restaurant is closed on Mondays and that information is no where to be found. I actually prefer the hotel restaurant but the do strange things with being hip, but that is often the case. Do not go there if you want tradition, nibbles were good. The other is it is an older place and it seems there was a large group next to me and also one above me. I talked to them and the young lady was mortified the had done that and they would have a chat about it and I actually believed her.

Room Tip: Walls are a bit thin.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank stewey69

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay. However we are disappointed we did not exceed your expectations. It is our goal to make all of our guests feel as if they are in a 5 star hotel without the outrageous cost. I hope you will provide us a second opportunity to serve you!

Jared Bairstow
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 10 February 2014

My husband was given 6 months to live in November, and he had never been to DC to see our daughter who recently joined the State Dept Staff. We chose GWI because when she was an intern at the State Dept she lived in summer housing at GWU. After a long, late Amtrak trip, your staff greeted us with a smile at 230am! Our room was gorgeous, clean and the staff wonderful, from the doorman to the desk clerks to the housekeepers. Such a beautiful peaceful environment. Thank you!

Stayed: February 2014
Jared B, Front Office Manager at Arc The. Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Wow! We are honored to have been able to be apart of this trip for you. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do! Thanks again.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

We really felt at home at the George Washington Inn Hotel. It's great location and comfortable rooms make it a definite place for us to consider and recommend to our family, friends and business associates. However, its the staff what makes it really feel like home. The moment you arrive you are welcomed. Their hospitality and professionalism are the best asset. We are going back to DC in a couple of months and we are definitely staying at the GWU Inn.
If you are flying into Regan National, the Metro (blue lane) is extremely convenient. You are basically a couple of blocks from the Hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MIACRUISER
Jared B, Front Office Manager at Arc The. Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Back in a few months? We can't wait!! We will see you very soon! :)

Also, thanks for the awesome review. We are more than glad you enjoyed your stay.

Thanks again,

The GWU Inn Team

Reviewed 30 January 2014

This cozy and beautiful hotel is situated in a great location, at walking distance from all the main things to see in DC (Smithsonian museums, monuments and memorials, white house, georgetown etc...). The quality is very very good: everything is brand new and super clean. There is also a gym that is open 24 hours. What I liked most was the room: super warm and comfortable with everything I needed. The bathroom was big and nice as well.
All the staff was very helpful, polite and friendly, always smiling.
This made my stay amazing!
The prices are fair for the quality delivered.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Tiziana780

Since you liked that room so much... When you return we will make sure to give you the same room!! We have saved all your preferences so that way you can enjoy your stay everytime you're in town. :)

The GWU Inn Team