“Large rooms”

University Inn Washington DC
Ranked #59 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I didn't like very much, but I have to say this was a very comfortable hotel.
If you are able to walk, you can reach public transportation in 10 minutes.
There are many restaurants ans markets nearby.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank MRentel
Wil L, Hotel Manager at University Inn Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Hello MRental,

Thank you for your recent review. I am sorry you did not like the hotel very much but happy you found the hotel comfortable, and our location great due to the many public transportation alternatives as well as the many restaurants and markets. I hope you will give us another chance to wow you in the future.

There are newer reviews for University Inn Washington DC

Reviewed 24 August 2014

It was very clean and located close to the metro station so I loved the location. Service was also great, they were very accommodating. The only disappointment is no complimentary breakfast and please don't waste your money at the adjunct restaurant it's both expensive and terrible-- the breakfast food and dinner. On the upside there's a 7/11 on the same block.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Jasmine K
Wil L, Hotel Manager at University Inn Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Hello Jasmine K,

Thank you for your review. I am disappointed you found our restaurant too expensive and, most troubling, the food terrible. I appreciate your feedback regarding the restaurant and will make certain your concerns are discussed with the team. On a positive note, I am delighted to see you found our rooms clean and our location well suited for your needs. Additionally, I am glad the team was able to offer you a great and accommodating experience. I hope you return to us the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

This is my first stay at this establishment and I must say the rooms are clean and kept in excellent condition. I have stayed in five star hotels in the area and I must say this one is equal to them for the price. Located in Foggy Bottom, it is near many wonderful restaurants and the University. Walking distance to all attractions as well as the metro.

I would venture to say I will stay here again.

2  Thank Lauren S

Greetings Lauren S,

Thank you for your kind review. We are thrilled you found our rooms clean and in good condition; an area we always try to give extra attention to. On behalf of all of us at GW, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kindest Regard,

Reviewed 22 August 2014

As a family of 4 , we went for the suite (large living room, kitchen corner and bedroom). Although the furniture felt a bit too old style, this worked very well and felt comfortable. Staff are friendly, helpful and efficient.
The neighborhood is very interesting: in foggy bottom, a few steps away from the renowned Watergate building, a short walk away from the subway, and the surrounding restaurants, 15 mn away from the Lincoln Memorial AND a 10 mn walk away from the Georgetown waterfront area. This was our first visit to dc and we loved the neighborhood!
Parking is also available, as well as wifi.
For a visit to DC with a family, I highly recommend. I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

6  Thank Lisa D

Hello Lisa D from Paris,

Thank you so much for choosing us for your trip to Washington DC! We are happy you found our rooms comfortable and the team friendly, helpful, and efficient. Additionally, we are happy you were able to take advantage of our location and its close proximity to all the attractions, especially Georgetown which is known for its boutique shops and delicious restaurants. Visit us again the next time you are in Washington DC!

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Just stayed while we dropped off our son at local college(not GW). Want to explore city so we try different areas each time down. We may be done exploring. Nice people, clean room, great location. Walk to JFK CENTER, Georgetown, waterfront, and great neighborhood. Very close to GWU, metro stop( 1 block)and Watergate complex. Quiet, and simple. By no means fancy- we don't like paying $200 a night just to sleep. As is available at most DC hotels, you don't have to pay them for parking- street on weekends is usually available you just have to hunt a little. Nice find if you don't need fancy. Only disappointment was a margarita and a soda was $17. We won't make that mistake again :-)

• Stayed: August 2014
6  Thank NCurl
Wil L, Hotel Manager at University Inn Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Greetings NCurl,

Thank you for your kind review. We are happy you found the team nice, our rooms clean, and our location suited to your needs. Being tucked away in Historic Foggy Bottom, the GW is in a wonderful location; with the rows of beautiful town homes and quiet streets, one can easily forget they are in Washington DC. We are also thrilled to hear you may be done exploring DC for the perfect hotel. Please do not forget to mention you've been with us in the past as we love surprising our repeat guests with a little something extra during their stay as well as a discounted rate.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We needed to come to Washington for my older sons academic conference and I am glad that I chose GWU Inn. All the staff were attentive and courteous to my needs, the room was decorated nicely and spacious enough for my children with a pull out couch. The room was equipped with a stove so I could cook breakfast for my kids, So I did not have to go out in the morning for a hot breakfast.

Will stay again at GWU INN.

6  Thank Renae S
Wil L, Hotel Manager at University Inn Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Hello Renae S,

I am pleased you had a wonderful time at our establishment and found your room well suited to your needs. I am glad you were able to use our stove top to not only cook a family breakfast but also help save a little bit on your trip. Thank you and hope to see you the next time you stay with us.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 7 August 2014

There is nothing grand or spectacular about this hotel but you get what you pay for. The good things where it is in a nicer area we felt safe the whole time, a close walk to the Metro, the staff was friendly, the beds where pretty comfortable, the rooms are a decent size and there is a Whole Foods and a CVS near by. The bad points are the hotel is dated the wallpaper was peeling in places, the ceiling had paint coming off, our air quit working two different times and there is not many eating choices in the area but we noticed that was common in all of DC.

Room Tip: The walls are thin so ask for a room away from the elevator.
3  Thank ana1210

Hello Ana1210,

I’m sorry to hear you only found the hotel decent. We strive to offer our guests the very best accommodations, and just “decent” is not what we strive for. While our hotel is not the newest one in town, we continuously focus on improving and maintaining our rooms. We located the room you stayed in and patched the ceiling that, we are embarrassed to say, had a little paint peeling. We also addressed the HVAC unit issue. I hope during your stay with us you were able to visit Georgetown or Dupont Circle, which are both a 10-15 minute walk that offer over 50 restaurants to choose from. Please reach out to me the next time you or a friend is in the area, and I will personally make sure the rooms are perfect. I will also recommend some excellent restaurants in the immediate area.

202.625.0020