I stayed at this hotel because I attended a two-day orientation session at GWU. This hotel was so close and I got quite a good rate through the school. I did have a little trouble finding the place, it is nestled in between residential homes & apartment buildings and the sign is pretty tiny. But it was within a block and a half from the metro and even less to campus.
The room was plenty big, with two double beds, a desk, a separate room for the microwave & fridge, and a tiny bathroom. The bathroom shelf was annoying (as other reviewers have said) because it would not fit any of my toiletries. Water pressure was good, the towels were amazing, and I liked they offered free shoe shine service (although I never used it).
The best part about the room - the bed! It was so comfortable, moreso than even my own at home. One of the best I've slept on while away from home. The worst part (besides the tiny bathroom) - the maid service. They didn't replace any of the toiletries during my four night stay, forgot to clean the coffee pot and replace the coffee a couple of other days, and didn't bother to do more than make the beds and take out the trash and towels. Very disappointing. The view out my window was lovely at night, I could see the Kennedy Center all lit up down the street. Lovely!
All in all, when I go back to GWU I will likely stay at this hotel because of the amazing discount the university offered me. But if I were paying over $200 a night I'd move out of the district to Alexandria or Arlington and get a much nicer hotel for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Decidedly Distinctive and Charming... The University Inn Washington DC., evokes thoughts of a visit to a country inn in New England. Drive into the Inn and it is like coming home, the environment is warm, welcoming and cozy. This intimate Inn is located in one of DC's most desirable neighborhoods, Foggy Bottom, surrounded by 19th century homes on tree lined streets and serves as a reminder of when time stood still. Enjoy classic tradition blended with individualized comfort and welcoming features including: Spacious rooms and suites- appointed with every comfort imaginable for short leisure visits or extended business stays Convenient location close to exciting Washington, DC attractions and area events. 1,500 Square feet of elegant meeting and event space- ideal for intimate gatherings of up to 50. Special rates for government travel Convenient access to The George Washington University campus events and facilities. We will see you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, getaroom.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your University Inn Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- George Washington University Hotel Washington Dc
- George Washington University Dc