“Great location!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great location!”
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Absolutely enjoyed my stay here! The staff was amazing and very courteous. The rooms were clean and updated (LOVED the bedside outlet for my electronics!) The best part was the location! All the attractions are just a 10-15 minute walk away. It was perfect! Definitely will stay here again if I find myself in Washington DC in the future!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (748)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bellevue, Washington, United States
Reviewed 29 March 2013

A recent trip took me to DC to meet with our legislators and we had our national conference at the Grand Hyatt. Rather than focus on the rooms, which were excellent down to the adjustable beds - I thought I would let other business travelers know that the Grand Hyatt put on an excellent business conference. From the food, to the conference room, to the service by the local technology team - everything went awesome. Great job Hyatt DC

Room Tip: Pick a room at the back of the hotel (Opposite the lobby entrance) There is a nightclub across the s...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I’m delighted the conference you attended went very smoothly. I’ll be sure to share your kind words with the staff that assisted during the event. Thank you for choosing Grand Hyatt Washington. I hope we can welcome you back to our property in the future!

Brock S – A Guest Relations Associate
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I stayed with my kids during the spring break. The location of the hotel is very convenient. The Metro station entrance is through the hotel. All the attractions are within 10-15 minutes walk. The rooms are updated and have everything you need. The personnel is very nice and helpful. Daniella at the front desk was always so pleasant to work with. Every night at 6:30 (I don't know if it was just during the spring break though), the hotel had a free movie and a free popcorn for kids. That was great! After a long day visiting museums, a movie night was an icing on a cake. Kids loved it. We also used the pool facilities. The pool is small (the picture on the hotel website makes you think otherwise) but enough for the kids. I only had one unpleasant experience with the Asian women who worked for that fitness club. She didn't let my kids to take a shower after the pool. She said that the "wet areas" are closed 30 minutes prior. But in their rules, the "wet areas" are specified as "Pool, steam room and sauna", not the shower. I was truly irritated by the fact that she just probably wanted to leave earlier. The other guys working there were very nice. Otherwise, we had a good experience and I would definitively recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Sandton, South Africa
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I attended a meeting recently at this hotel. Despite the fact that they were renovating, we still had a pleasureable stay with minimal noise. The sleep experience was amazing and the rooms had a docking station for one's iPhone which was super useful. The cafe/restaurant linked to the hotel was great but you also had the options of a Starbucks cafe if you were not that hungry. I would definitely stay here again. The conference was on a separate level 2 levels below the hotel but it helped not to have to catch a taxi or sleep in for a few extra minutes.

Room Tip: try and get a room overlooking the foyer, its not even noisy and the hotel always has an inetresting...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
new york
Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

A very nice hotel that is close to many of the Washington DC attractions. Several block walk to the National Mall. If you want to take the Metro, all you need to do is walk down one floor for it is right in the hotel. For all you Starbucks fans, there is one located in the lobby. There is a nice restaurant and sports bar as well. Hotel offers a breakfast special for an additional charge. This buffet is well worth the extra few dollars. Rooms are newly decorated as the hotel just finished a major refurbishing. This hotel has a lot to offer for the tourist visiting Washington DC. Highly recommended. Valet parking is also available for an additional price.

• Stayed March 2013
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 22 March 2013

I have stayed at the Grand Hyatt a number of times in recent years and visited again this month (March 2013). This was one time too many.

The corridor where my room was located was undergoing major renovations. Most of the rooms were occupied by workers and painters rather than guests; it was like being on a construction site. One day upon opening my door I bumped into a trolley full of paint pots and brushes... As of 7:30am the sound of workers drilling, cutting tiles and shouting was simply unbearable. And I really looked like a curiosity in the morning walking in my business attire in the middle of all those manual workers... Hotel offered me 16 bucks as compensation which I almost found insulting as it barely amounted to 1% of my hotel bill. The Grand Hyatt should know better than this. This is simply an unacceptable way of treating customers, especially for a hotel selling rooms well above 400 USD a night.

I admit that the hotel urgently needed renovation and that the refurbished rooms (I got one of those) are better than the old ones. That's not the point. The hotel should simply have kept corridors undergoing renovation closed to business. Instead they were trying to maximize room occupancy and profits - at the customers' expense.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Lablanche
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, 29 March 2013
Dear Lablanche:

Thank you for taking a moment to share feedback about your recent stay experience at our Grand Hyatt Washington. We're sorry to learn of your stay not meeting your expectations. Our hotel is currently undergoing a transformation, however, this information is listed on our website to ensure guests are made aware of this. I would like to speak with you directly with regards to your experience. Please feel free to contact me, as I will be happy to assist you.

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 20 March 2013

What a great value for money hotel! we had a great experience with the staff, the rooms and the bar in the hotel. We were given free WiFi when we checked in! All went beyond our expectations, the rooms are very comfortable and the bed so comfortable! The location is fantastic, close to DC attractions and with a subway access in the basement. I really recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I would recommend the rooms with a view to the street, they have more natural light.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CaroAidan
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
It’s always great to hear when our guests experience goes above and beyond expectations. Your feedback regarding the staff is greatly appreciated. I’ll be sure to let our staff know you found their service to be top notch. I’m glad our location was perfect for your travel. Being located within walking distance from several attractions and having metro access through the hotel lobby is very convenient for our guests. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate